PDA

View Full Version : My turn to vent!!

starlynn
09-15-2004, 11:05 AM
My husband and I both work fulltime. He works 1st shift and I work 2nd. He gets done at 4:00 and I start at 4:00. I am able to bring my kids, ages 6 (almost 7 as she keeps reminding me), 4 and 14 month old to work with me and my husband picks them up there. I am so glad that they are allowing me to do this. They only have a about a 10 minute wait. This is great because I don't have to pay a babysitter. Yes, I do get to see my husband. He works 10 hour days M-Th so he is home on weekends. I do work some weekends but still get alittle time with him. I am pregnant with our 4th child due Dec. 5th.
Now to the venting part.... I was asked by a neighbor a girl who used to watch my kids for a few hours once in awhile if we would watch her 4 1/2 year old son. It was only suppose to be temporary. She works 1pm-10pm. Being the nice person I am I told her we would. This ment my husband would be watching him in the afternoons. This went okay for the first few times. Her son is deaf but can hear with a hearing aid in which he wears all the time. The problems are that him and my 4 year old son don't get along at all. My son usually doesn't having a problem sharing with anyone but this kid he does. All this kid does is whine and cry when he doesn't get his way. Which I understand at this age kids do that but this is all he does while he is here. He is also a very fussy eater. I thought my son was bad. In our house if you eat your supper you get dessert or a treat. We set the same rules for him but he gets mad because he doesn't like the food but expects dessert. I don't know if he acts like this because his mom is a single mom and his dad is no longer around or what. The other day my husband and I were both home and she brought him over for us to watch and she was telling my husband that she heard from a couple of older neighbors that the kids aren't being supervised and they are about ready to call the cops on us. We live in a safe neighborhood, where everyone watches out for everyone. My two older kids play outside in the yard where they can be supervised from the windows if were inside. Once in awhile I will put my 14th month old in the stroller and my oldest will play with her. My kids also know if they are going to leave the yard to go to a neighbors they have to ask first so I know where they are. When her son comes over we are telling him constantly to get out of the road and to stay in the yard. We had told him about 3 times the other day to get out of the road and decided he would just have to come in a sit for awhile. We do this with our kids but they also don't get to go outside the next day. Last friday she called to ask him if we could watch him for few hours while she goes to court to finalize her divorce. Once again, being the nice person I am I said sure we will. He was gone shortly after I had left for work. She had called my husband later that night asking if we would take him overnight so she could go and celebrate. I was kind of suprised my husband said yeah. Now he keeps telling me that he thinks that she is going to keep doing this and he reminds me that this was only suppose to be temporary and wants me to talk to her and see if she can find someone else to watch her son. Watching him, working fulltime and taking care of my own kids is more than I can handle as it is but I don't know how to break it to her that we just can't watch him anymore. Any advice or stories similar?

bell_peaches
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Print out what you just wrote and give her a copy . You have tried it but its not working out for you. She will have to make other arrangments. Good luck

queenangie
09-15-2004, 11:21 AM
You have been very kind and a helpful neighbor by
watching her son this long.

Maybe it's time for a sitdown and chat session w/ the boy's mother.
Reminding the mother that this was only a temporary solution.

Hugs,
Angie

lassss
09-15-2004, 11:24 AM
you have the perfect solution to your problem....you are pregnant..so now you need your rest and some peace and quiet...so tell her she needs to find another babysitter as you need to take care of yourself now OR you can send her a bill for your services...she will surely get the message then :D

gonnascream
09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
I think if she keeps this up, you need to hand her a list of fee's for watching her kid. I had to be the single parent for awhile myself but I couldn't use that to take advantage of someone. Plus the stress from this is not good for your baby.

I think it's time she either pays up or find a daycare.

MamaFairal
09-16-2004, 10:55 AM
The other day my husband and I were both home and she brought him over for us to watch and she was telling my husband that she heard from a couple of older neighbors that the kids aren't being supervised and they are about ready to call the cops on us.

If i thought the cops were about to investigate my babysitter..........
they wouldnt be watching my kid..........DUH!

msmom79
09-16-2004, 12:16 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{ hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

hblueeyes
09-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Do not sit down with this woman. She is instigating and ungreatful. Tell her you can no longer watch her son starting now. That is it. End of story. No explanation needed.

Me :p