PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of this carrot being dangled in front of my face :(

gonnascream
09-14-2004, 07:40 PM
the deal with the house fell through. So now Im back to square one, have to look for another house, I have no clue if we can get financed, waaaa! Im so sick of all this. Im so sick of seeing everybody with these charmed lives, bad credit, in debt up to thier eyeballs, but the can buy a house :( :( :(
The universe is toying with me. It hangs that preverbial carrot in front of my face, with the hopes of getting what I have dreamed of before I die (safe home, warm bed....yeah it is too much to ask for) only to yank it back taunting me "NAHHH YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE THIS< YOU HAVE TO SETTLE FOR THIS ! " I swear I the world must think Im a bad person, but if you know if thats the case, why punish dh & the kids too ?? wtf did they do to get dragged down too ?? I sometimes think like "yeah I don't deserve this, thats why I can't have it" I must be some horrible chitty crappy sucky person for the world to think that I haven't put up with enough that it would be nice just to be given a break in life. Holy chit Im not asking for the winning lottery ticket here, just a lil bit of fairness, just for someone to see that Im not bad, I try to live right. I love my kids, I love dh, and all I can do is fail them by not getting them what really matters. :(

I think sometimes they would have been better off without me. They would have faired off better if I had just died on the operating table. At least they wouldn't have this stressed out lard butt screaming at everybody & crying for being such a freaking failure at life & making them miserable.

cpbaby
09-14-2004, 07:48 PM
{{{{{huggles}}}}}

Hon, I understand. I dont understand how some people get what they get, but they do. Life sucks sometimes, I do know that.

reneep45
09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
OMG ! I'm so sorry , i've read your posts about that house and i was sooo hopeing & praying you would get it !!!
i don't know much but what about the Fanny May foundation , i think they help or guide people thru getting thier first home .
I think my loan for this house was Farmers home , had to be employed for the previous 2 yrs at least and the only credit we had at the time was a visa card.
Don't give up , you are a realy cool girl .Great personality , i just love your posts !!!
Bad things do happen to good people but it just makes you stronger ! YOU OTTA SEE MY MUSCLES !!! LOL !!!
Hang in there !!!

Angel Lips
09-15-2004, 04:49 AM
((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

DivineMsDi
09-15-2004, 05:02 AM
Sorry about your house falling through...I know you are disappointed. Our "dream house" (the only house we could afford) turned out to be the house from the Money Pit. That sucked up all our savings and since the end of 1999 we have been living with various relatives....it surely does stink when you plan and save, think you are going to be okay, and then have nothing to show for it.

I know you are upset...but after you vent, take a breath..you will find some other house....and get financing...you want to make sure you will be able to pay off the mortgage....

Good luck.

Tasha405
09-15-2004, 05:35 AM
((((Hugs)))) I know it's hard when you think it will at work out and things are looking better and then all of a sudden it all falls apart. We looked at so many houses when we were in Tn that it wasn't even fun to do anymore. We just wanted to move our kids into a house in a good neighborhood but nothing ever worked out. I guess it was for the best though because not long after all of that, DH got laid off from his job. He was out of work for almost a year before he got transfered up here. I guess all things happen for a reason. Maybe you have bigger and better things headed your way. Try not to beat yourself up over this.

Kelsey1224
09-15-2004, 09:50 AM
I know you must be so disappointed.

My suggestion would be to pre-qualify for a loan first! Contact a mortgage broker for assistance. It's their job to find a loan for you. They only get commissions on the loans that finalized so they will work with you to get the best loan for you.

Once you have qualified, you will know how much money you can spend on a house before you go shopping for one.

Good luck!

schsa
09-15-2004, 11:09 AM
There is alot of money out there for first time home buyers and you don't have to have a down payment. But you do have to pre-qualify. I went through this process three years ago when I bought my house. I never thought that it would happen. But Pre-qualifying meant I knew how much I could afford and it kept the payment low enough that I knew that I would have money left over.

Don't give up. Keep calling around and checking for programs with no money down and pre-qualification. It will happen. ;)

SouthOSane
09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
There is alot of money out there for first time home buyers and you don't have to have a down payment. But you do have to pre-qualify. I went through this process three years ago when I bought my house. I never thought that it would happen. But Pre-qualifying meant I knew how much I could afford and it kept the payment low enough that I knew that I would have money left over.

Don't give up. Keep calling around and checking for programs with no money down and pre-qualification. It will happen. ;)

ITA. Call your local housing councel and ask about programs for first time buyers, it may mean you sit thru several hours of classes (that's the way it went for my sis) but it's worth it.
Another thing is to find a GOOD real estate agent, that what we did (hubby & I) for our first house, we had a hard time being taken seriously (I was 18, he was 20/21 when we bought our first house), but then we found an agent who took us seriously and HELPED us, hooked us up w/ mortgage companies, got us prequalified, and into a house.
When we sold that one and bought our 2cd we went right back to her. Our credit has never been perfect, but somethings our current mortgage company didn't hold against us (ie medical bills, they said they were "hard luck" and wouldn't be held against us) and we never had much $$ upfront, but in our case we've managed twice, there's a ton of financing and closing options..

It'll happen..

pae1968
09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Where is Oprah when we need her????? That really bites about the house. Sorry to hear that.

hblueeyes
09-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Ok, bear with me. You will eventually get your home, it may be in a few years but it will happen. Look at it this way. Life does suck and it isn't always fair as we all know. But I have all I need. I have a place to live, (no, it is NOT mine), a husband that loves me and four happy,healthy,bright, respectful, intelligent, thoughful boys who are really fine young men who adore me. We do not make much, (under 30K a year) but we have what we need and I could
not ask for more. Plus I too am still alive after 3 bouts of different types cancer over the last 15 years and suffering from other aliments and my hubby has melanoma. I know people who seem to have it all. The house, new cars,furniture, they go out to eat ALL the time and take yearly vacations along with side trips. They never shop the clearence racks and go to store like Fields and Carsons but their kids are brats and their husbands cheat or their kids are doing poorly in school and socially too. One friend daughter was born with spina bifida, another has both her kids with serious emotional problems. They are using drugs &/or smoking and drinking.

For me: Life is good. It all depends on how you look at it.

Me :p

gonnascream
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
It's not just the house that finally broke me. It's everything. It's the house, the fact my car has 300,000 miles on it & I have to make it last for now. It's the feeling I get when I want to slap the holy dogchit out of someone when they ask "why don't you just buy a new one". It's the electric company up my rump. The bills that never end. The fact they relocated kentucky to the center of texas cause it's so bleeping hot. Dh & dd don't get along and I have to act like a refferree. Im the bleeping chaufour for everyone in this house. AND the bleeping cook. the bleeping maid. The bleeping school wants me to pull a wad of cash out of my bleeping ear every time I turn around. DS's bleeping teacher has got her convinced that the class MUST eat at CICI's every single farking thursday night otherwise they won't get a bleeping pizza party. I blanking hate cici's, thier bleeping blanking pizza taste like bleeping cardboard. Nope, cardboard has more bleeping flavor. The fact I said bleep it to mowing the farking yard. Dh's total lack of bleeping time or money. Rent a center treating me like a bleeping deadbeat the day the bill is due. NOT LATE,JUST DUE. I told the bleeping manager he could take his bleeping payment and stick it so far up his bleeping rump that if he threw up the bleeping recipet maybe he got his bleeping job right cause he's a bleeping idiot. The bleeping idiot that nearly rearended me today cause they were speeding. The bleeping road construction I have to drive through. The bleeping fact I have NO TAILIGHTS. I keep on blowing a bleeping fuse under the hood when I turn on my farking headlights. I don't have any bleeping nice clothes. I look like a bleeping bum have the time cause my clothes are old. Im bleeping tired all the time. Im bleeping worn out mess. I have to take a bleeping nap during the day. Dh thinks Im a bleeping diabetic. And Im swear Im going bleeping deaf in my left ear. all I hear is muffled bleeping stuff and bleeping ringing. AND THESE BLEEPING HEADACHES !!! BLEEPING BLEEP I should have bought stock in bleeping advil.

Alright. Im bleeping done doing my bleeping and whining for the bleeping night.

(insert any word you want for the bleep.)

bribella
09-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I hope things get better for you in all aspects of your life {{{HUGS}}}

twinkiesmom
09-15-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry you are going thru this bleeping time. {{{hugs}}}

You need this link. Maybe you could get a show going about first time home buyers, etc., what's available for ppl in your situation and maybe get a car on top of it.

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeOnTheShow.jhtml?action=respond&plugId=B2100004

Shann
09-16-2004, 12:01 AM
awww hon, I'm sorry about the house falling through. What a terrible thing, but all you can do is think positive and think that something better will come along.

llbriteyes
09-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry. I know how much you wanted that house. :( Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I know you're good people. You aren't in this alone, though. Your dh has to be thinking it might be HIM.

Hang in there. When the time is right, and all the stars are lined up, you'll get what you want.

Linda