PDA

View Full Version : I give up!

bribella
09-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Ok here is this situation. Maybe some of you remember my previous posts about my sister and her baby that she does not take care of.

Well she left her baby's daddy(who is an illegal by the way) and moved back in with my Mom supposedly to get her life together. She was on welfare and they required that she go through job training in order to stay on it.
She is LAZY and didn't want to get a job she want free money, so she went off welfare.
My mother and stepdad are not rich and told her that she would need to find a job to support her and the baby(waiting on child support).She didn't want to get a job(again, waiting for money :rolleyes: ) so she moves out to go live with her new boyfriend in his mom's basement. Mind you she is 18.

Well she does not take care of this baby at all he has been sick for 3 weeks because she won't stay home until he gets better. She took him to the state fair the next day after he got out of the hospital for a 103 temp. He is only 6 months old. She will ride around with him in a convertible on a 96 degree day with the top down~no sunscreen on baby and half the time she puts a heavy fleece blanket over his face.

Well she started seeing her ex while still living with her boyfriend so his mom kicks my sister out because she was sick and tired of the "PRINCESS". Now she wants to report her to CPS for neglecting my nephew.

Everyone who knows her including her caseworker and her twin sister think that my nephew would be better off living somewhere else. I can't take him because my plate is full with my own 3 kids. My mother wants to take him.
But between you and me she wouldn't be much better than my sister. She was a terrible mother emotionally and physically abusive.

So I simply brought up to my mother that perhaps my nephew would be better off being adopted by a family that will love him and take good care of him.

She practically went off the deep end at the idea. Said that she doesn't want him to go to stangers.(understandable).......

Then I had to remind her how she gave my older brother up for adoption when he was 7yrs old ~that's right 7! He went to live with strangers and that was okay? After the boy has been with you for 7 yrs thats OKAY?!!!!!
Her response was that she had to get him out of there before the situation escalated.

What situation? She claims that my father was very abusive......NOT! I was there there was no abuse.And if there was why didn't she leave him and get the rest of her 8 kids out of there?She lied to me half my life and told me that he was dead from leukimia(sp). I just spent saturday with my brother that is supposedly dead. WTH is wrong with her? I am about ready to give up.

By the way my dad is the best dad in the world so I have no idea as to what she is talking about?

bribella
09-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Thank you

justbeachy
09-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I know how you feel... I too have a sister who I feel doesn't take very good care of her child, so I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

iluvmybaby
09-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Next time an act of abuse is commited against this child call CPS and give an anaymous ((spelling I know)) tip :rolleyes: ppl like that make me sick, I hope I dont offend you when I saw this, you seem like a very nice person yourself, like you arent even related to her!

Elijah'sMommy
09-14-2004, 11:57 AM
First of all, (((bribella))))

I feel for you. It's frustrating to sit by & watch someone not really do what's right for their child when there areso many people who would and could do the right things. I'm sure it's heartbreaking to even think of an adoption outside of your family. When CPS gets involved, they may make that call for you. My fiancee's ex actually had a dependency action started by CPS against her where the state had started the process of terminating her parental rights. CPS and the judge agreed to place the twins with his mother until the case was dropped because they had 1 parent (their father) who was capable of caring for them. That may be what it takes. If the caseworker is worth their salt (I know they are overworked & underpaid, but most of them do a good job) they will investigate your mother before placing the baby with her. Keep us informed, and sorry yoou have to go thru this.

Tasha405
09-14-2004, 01:54 PM
((((((Hugs))))))

Shann
09-14-2004, 04:00 PM
I want to give you some {{{{hugs}}}} what a terrible situation. I think that you need to report her. I realize she's family, but it's not fair what she is doing to that child. Maybe you could go in and talk to CPS and let them know the situation and that your mother wants him but that she wouldn't be good for him either... (can they keep the visit private and not tell anyone it was you?) Good luck in whatever you do and keep us updated on the baby!

Mike'smom
09-15-2004, 02:27 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((hugging the baby)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Honey the best thing for that baby is for you to call CPS and tell them what's going on, including Grandma's past track record. Yourself excluded, family doesn't sound like a good choice for him, maybe a loving family of strangers would be best. ((((((((((((bribells)))))))))))))))))))

hblueeyes
09-15-2004, 03:43 PM
There is such a thing as an open adoption. The little boy can be adopted by me and your family could visit. The child will be raised and very much loved by his adopted family while his lovely AUNT, (YOU) CAN VISIT, WRITE, CALL AND RECEIVE UPDATES and photos from Me. However, since your Mom and sister are unfit, for them to visit it MUST be supervised. It is an option and something to look into. I have been seriously thinking about being a foster Mom since my four boys, 19,18,16 and 14 do not need my full attention. My 2 oldest are away at college and little ones are so joyful. If not me there are others who would feel blessed to have him. I know I would.

Me :p

Mike'smom
09-16-2004, 11:43 AM
I can't let this post slide down the page without acknowledging how kind your offer is, Hblueeyes! The world needs more people like you!
(((((((((((((Hblueeyes))))))))))))))))

msmom79
09-16-2004, 11:56 AM
{{{{{{{{{HUGS & PRAYERS}}}}}}}}}} im here if you need to talk.