PDA

View Full Version : Another Accident, Another Lawsuit

BigLyd1
09-14-2004, 09:02 AM
:rolleyes: :mad:

SS was involved in an accident last week. He took off from a stop light and rear-ended a guy who was stopped at the light. Now the guy has retained a lawyer and wants to file a suit. I just hate that people do this. Now don't get me wrong. I know that some people are seriously injured and when it was the fault of the other driver, they should get some money from the insurance company.

But I would say (at least here in CA) that probably have of all these claims are fraudulent. Hopefully, this guy won't "win." He declined medical aid, he said he didn't need the cops, he has no witnesses, and SS has a witness. Plus the guy gave false info.

Just had to vent and whine. This might be my first post in V/W. :o :eek:

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-14-2004, 09:08 AM
:eek:

Why on earth would he retain a lawyer,if he didn't need cops or medical?Sounds like he has just filed a frivolous lawsuit.

Good luck!

andreame70
09-14-2004, 09:13 AM

Why on earth would he retain a lawyer,if he didn't need cops or medical?Sounds like he has just filed a frivolous lawsuit.

Good luck!

I think he had a sudden onset of "Oh my check...I mean my neck itis." He may even have a touch of "Whip-Cash."

That happens quite often when someone sees that there is a possibility of them gaining something in the lawsuit. He won't get too far though if he refused treatment and gave false info to begin with, the judge will see right through that.

Good Luck!

Andrea

rlynn411
09-14-2004, 10:08 AM

Good luck!

I would say because the courts make it so easy for frivalous lawsuits to enter the court system.

Easy way to make some money. Don't get me wrong when your seriously injured thats a different story. But todays society has a sue happy mentality, which would explain why our insurance rates are so high and doctors are quitting their practices.

amysusi
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Several years ago, DH was in an accident with a company truck. On that street, speeding was a huge problem. Cops were out there 80% of the time I went down that street. DH was backing into the driveway, and the guy came flying around the bend right into him. Cops said it was DH's fault. A couple months later, I get served at my front door. I think the guy felt really bad because I was soooo pregnant. But I read the lawsuit and it had frivolous written all over it. I don't know what became of it, because DH turned it over to the company and they handled it. I hope the guy got nothing, and learned his lesson about following the speed limit.

It's just so sad society has become so blame happy and are always trying to stick it to the other guy. Hope your SS gets this resolved.

iluvmybaby
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
SS was involved in an accident last week. He took off from a stop light and rear-ended a guy who was stopped at the light

Legally since your SS rerear ended hun he is automatically at fault in the eyes of the law, I hope your insurance company pays up and covers you guys because this could be serious