PDA

View Full Version : Wow Ohhh Wow.....Today's Oprah!!!

DezaRay24
09-13-2004, 09:41 AM
If you haven't seen Oprah yet....Your gonna love it! I won't spoil any of it for you but if you get a chance to watch it today Its a GREAT season premire!!!

nanajoanie
09-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Can you at least give a topic? I don't get her show til 4 pm. I have a sneaky suspicion that she will announce her and Stedman's marriage to be soon ;) Without giving it away in this thread, you can pm me if you want.

chicodog
09-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I've read about it on a news source. The audience was going crazy !!!!

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Can you at least give a topic? I don't get her show til 4 pm. I have a sneaky suspicion that she will announce her and Stedman's marriage to be soon ;) Without giving it away in this thread, you can pm me if you want.
Will someone PM me too!! I don't get it til 4pm either. lol

MamaFairal
09-13-2004, 09:52 AM
i dont know Nana..on this mornings GMA she called in and said it involved everyone in her audience for todays show..maybe she gave away $$ to everyone?

Come on give us a hint!

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 09:54 AM
I found this on her website...

Wildest Dreams with Oprah
It's the season premiere...and it's big. There's an emergency medical team standing by, just in case anyone faints! It's a brand-new season—all will be revealed!

The wait is over! It's the 19th season of The Oprah Winfrey Show, and we're kicking it off by making dreams come true! All summer long we've been planning the biggest, grandest, multi-million dollar wildest dreams show in history! Today is big…really big!

http://www.oprah.com/

MamaFairal
09-13-2004, 09:59 AM
She gave away $ huh?
Man she never called to see if i needed any.....lol :(

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 10:00 AM
She gave away $ huh?
Man she never called to see if i needed any.....lol :(
She didn't call me either. :( Thats not fair! LOL

nanajoanie
09-13-2004, 10:01 AM
OK just went to MSN news. WOW!! Double WOW WOW!!!

DezaRay24
09-13-2004, 10:03 AM
LOL NO she isn't getting married she isn't prego LOL
YES OHHHH YES did her crowd SCREAM today. Lets say when you watch you will be jelious and Happy for people and then towards the end you if you are a tender heart like me you will have a few tears in your eyes..........

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 10:05 AM
I went and looked to..... SO VERY COOL!!!!!!! I wish I would have been there too. LOL

janelle
09-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for reminding me. Also Dr. Phil will be on just before her show here. His has a big show today as well.

I was hoping her surprise was that she's getting married. As much as I like Oprah I think she is one of the biggest reasons we have of people just living together and not making a commitment to each other. She puts marriage down so much. I know she says it's just for herself but when you have a big celebrity that is not married and living like she is then our kids think it's cool and ok.

DezaRay24
09-13-2004, 10:09 AM
OHHHHH YOU BIG CHEATS that went to the internet to look for the secrets SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Good thing it didn't tell you all the secrets LOL

MamaFairal
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
OMG OMG OMG never mind..i couldnt stand it anymore and cheated and looked!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

buttrfli
09-13-2004, 10:42 AM
someone tell ME! LOL I tried to search for it, but didn't find anything :( PM me if you must, but ... TELL! LOL

janelle
09-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Go to www.msn.com Then to news. I think that will get you there and tells you the secret.

hdlzx2
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
wow! every body in the audience got.....
http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=168578
if ya wanna spoil the surprize!
I just wish I were there!
How do you get to be in the audience anyway?

JWWB2000
09-13-2004, 10:57 AM
WOW!!! She really does have a BIG heart!!!!

Jolie Rouge
09-13-2004, 11:01 AM
someone tell ME! LOL I tried to search for it, but didn't find anything :( PM me if you must, but ... TELL! LOL

okay --- http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1401&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040913%2F1236342999.htm&sc=1401

{{shhh - it is still a secret }} :p :cool:

buttrfli
09-13-2004, 11:02 AM
WOW!!! I set the timer on the cable box, so I don't miss it... I LOVE these types of shows :)

DezaRay24
09-13-2004, 03:15 PM
LOL I still can't belive how many of you guys cheated and looked LOL Man you all must be really bad on X-mas LOL

Jolie Rouge
09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Big Problem for 'Oprah' Car Winners

Uh oh. Some things really are too good to be true.

One of them may be the free Pontiac G6 Oprah Winfrey and General Motors gave to 276 members of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" audience on September 13. Turns out, the car isn't totally free after all.

Even though Pontiac is paying the state sales tax and licensing fees, the recipients will have to pay thousands of dollars in state and federal income taxes, reports The Chicago Sun-Times. And some of them are quite surprised--and downright worried by the tax sticker shock that could cost each winner $7,125 or more. By law, the winners will have to add the value of the "free" car--$28,500--to their income. That could push them into a higher income tax bracket. Most of the winners will likely have to pay about 25 percent or more of the car's value in taxes, which adds up to $7,125. And that's not all. The winners will also have to pay state income tax on the vehicle.

"It's not really a free car, it's more of a 75 percent off car," winner Susan Nelson told Sun-Times reporter Lucio Guerrero. "Of course, that's still not such a bad deal." Winner William Toebe, a farmer in Green Bay, Wisconsin, told the paper, "As I was standing up there, the responsible portion of me said, 'This is very nice, but where am I going to get the money for the taxes?'" He's even thinking of getting rid of the car for just this reason.

Even though it was implied that the winners walked out of the studio and drove away in their new cars that day, they haven't yet received the vehicles. The automobiles will actually be delivered to a dealer near each winner's home, reports the Sun-Times. Pickup will be between October 1 and February 28. So the good news is that the winners have time to figure out how they are going to pay the taxes and could even delay that bill until April 2006 if they get the car after December 31.