PDA

View Full Version : Mad at DH

amysusi
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
*sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. I thought I was in V/W*

Nowee woke up with a swollen wrist, and he won't use his arm. Let me back up a little. Saturday afternoon, Nowee walked in front of a football. It was thrown pretty hard, and he got hit in the wrist. He screamed like I never saw him scream, and DH and I comforted him, and it just swelled up like a welt, so we didn't think it was broken. It's been bugging him all weekend, and this morning it was sore. So I call DH at work and DH tells me to make a Dr. appointment (because Urgent Care is too expensive), and send him to school anyway. Because of office hours, I couldn't make the apoointment until after I put the boys on the bus. I make the appointment for 9:15 this morning, then I call the school, then wait for DH to call me back. Here's what steams me. DH can't do that appointment, so he calls the Dr. back and reschedules for Wednesday afternoon!! I said Nowee's wrist is possibly broken, and he has to wait for 2 1/2 days? That's not right! You see, DH has the car, and can't (won't) leave, not even for 1/2 hour to bring me the car. And he says, "what am I supposed to do?" We both know he won't lose his job over it, so what's his problem? A few minutes later he calls back, and asks me if I want him to take a PTO for this. He only has 5 left for the year, and because of a misunderstanding with his mom, he's not going with us on our Thanksgiving trip, so he can go for Christmas (she thought we were going down there for Christmas, so she took it off and can't change it. It will be at SIL, so she has to travel too). I don't want him to use up all his PTO's because I want him to see his mom, but frig man! You don't have to take a whole stinkin day off just to bring me the car!! Why does this kid have to suffer? I'd ask a friend, but the school is all the way across the valley, more than 10 miles. Plus DH has the credit cards, so how will I pay the Dr?

The whole stupid mess is partly his fault. He's the one that threw the errant football. It went askew,and Nowee was running by and got nailed. What was he thinking firing a football like that with all those kids around (there were 6)?
Heaven forbid I break a bone, because I'll just have to wait. Forget him, I'll just call an ambulance, and he can suck it up! Just so mad!!:mad::mad::mad:

lassss
09-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Why can't you drive him to work so you will have the car and then just pick him up after work or take the bus or a cab to go get the car??? :confused:

amysusi
09-13-2004, 08:33 AM
Why can't you drive him to work so you will have the car and then just pick him up after work or take the bus or a cab to go get the car??? :confused:

No busses run by his work, no $$ for cab. He leaves at 5:30 am for work. I have to be at home during office hours (storage office), but can take off for emergencies. Because I have to be home, I don't need the car normally, but I do take him to work if I know I need it. I didn't know I'd need until Nowee got up this morning.

Angel Lips
09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 09:52 AM
I hope its not broken. :( Keep us updated. (((Hugs)))

amysusi
09-13-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm taking DH to work tomorrow and then Nowee to the Dr.

MamaFairal
09-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I hope its not broken. :( Keep us updated. (((Hugs)))

Ditto :)

MsLynn
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
i'm afraid i'd have a dead husband, but then thats probably why i'm divorced

keep us updated and maybe it will be better by the time he gets home,

amysusi
09-13-2004, 03:21 PM
I see DH's point of view. He doesn't think it's that big of a deal. But that's because of all the injuries he's had through his life. I think it all boils down to him going against my mother's instinct. I've never had a broken bone, or dealt with anyone that has (while I've known them), so I don't really know what to expect, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

Nowee is doing okay right now. The swelling has gone down a bit, but it is starting to show some discoloration. He's running around playing, but he still won't use that arm. Dh says the discoloration is probably the bruise starting.

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Do you have a local hospital close by to where you could take him to the ER? I know you have probably already thought about that, so don't get mad, I'm just asking. lol But if its broke they won't do anything for it after 24 hours, right? Thats what I've always heard but I'm not really sure how that works.

Eyore
09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
It may be dislocated (out of joint) I know when that happens to a elbow it is painful. Hope he feels better soon.

tarbabie
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Been there done that! VERY painful and take alittle while to heal- hope it isn't too bad- Keeping my finger crossed for ya...

iluvmybaby
09-13-2004, 06:25 PM
:rolleyes: I hope it isnt broken

queenangie
09-13-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm taking DH to work tomorrow and then Nowee to the Dr.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

When our boys were young, we only had one car too.
It's not easy.
We left the house at 5:30 AM too, all of us
so we could have the car back home during
the day, if I didn't work that day.

How about he posts at work, so he can
share a ride to work on occasion?

amysusi
09-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm back! Took Nowee to the doc, and he sent us upstairs to the orthopaedic office. He's so nice. He was sending us to get x-rays, and instead of having us go down to radiology (dr.'s office is at the hospital), he sent us up there. Because if it was broken, we'd have to go to emergency. So they squeezed us in at the orthopaedists. Out of 2 doc's poking at his arm, Nowee only said ouch once. He was pretty much all smiles, and excited to have a picture taken of his bone. I couldn't go in when he did the x-ray because I also had Lena, but he came out with a smile. After just a glance at the x-ray, the doc said it was fractured. Both bones. So now he has a blue cast.

I want to laugh and cry. I want to laugh more though. I want to cry because my baby broke some bones, but laugh because that's usually what I do when my kids finally get diagnosed with something and I get surprised (but I know they'll be okay). Out of the 3 kids, I thought it would be either Nowee or Lena to get a cast first (and for a while I was sure it would be my table dancing toddler). He's at school now, showing off his cast.

Figures. :rolleyes:

P.S. Guess who's getting a guilt trip tonight?

Tasha405
09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Sorry its broken. I hope he heals fast and it doesn't hurt him any. :)

buglebe
09-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Oh wow! You won't have to put a guilt trip on anyone. I have a feeling it will be done all by himself. With kids you just never know whether they are really hurt or just a little hurt.

iluvmybaby
09-14-2004, 11:56 AM
omg that would be one DEAD husband if he was mine, the poor thing has two fractured bones and has been walking around for how many days without treatment? I am glad they didnt have to rebreak it, if it sets sometimes they have to

amysusi
09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I'd called DH and left a voice mail, but he never got it. So he didn't know about it until we picked him up. THe first thing I said was , "look what you did to our son." He apologized all the way home.

It's not as bad as you all think. He only has to wear the cast for 3 weeks. Just small hairline fractures, but you know how rough little boys can play, and that's why he has the cast. And Nowee is a hero. If he hadn't been running where he was, it would have hit another little boy in the ribs. Before the cast, the only time it hurt was when it got pulled on.

amysusi
09-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Here's a picture of Nowee and his cast taken a few minutes ago. Right after this pic, we signed it, and the batteries died in the camara.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/amysusi/DCP_0010.jpg

amysusi
09-14-2004, 05:55 PM
OK, got one of the signed cast. The happy face is mine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/amysusi/DCP_0001_1.jpg