PDA

View Full Version : Youngest son moving to California :(

BearsBunny2
09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
My youngest son is now 18 and before he graduated he decided that he wanted to move back to Ca to live with his dad and brother. He leaves on Weds Sept. 15th :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I don't want him to go!!! But he is 18 now & I can't stop him.

nanajoanie
09-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I am so sorry that you are going to be sad. But like you said, he's old enough to make his own decisions - right or wrong. I know you will miss him. But til you meet again, there are phones, e-mails, letters, cards, pkgs. Try your best to think positive Mom :)

queenangie
09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Roots & Wings ~

Giving them wings after 18 years of sharing the roots is hard.

You've done a good job. Pat yourself on the back for being a good Mom.

My son is 18 and just started college away from home. It's hard to let them go.
This is what we have worked for the past 18 years.

Like Nana said, emails, letters, cards, and the telephone will keep your lines of communication open.

Keep us posted.
Hugs,
Angie

bell_peaches
09-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I know how you feel my son lives in Nj I'm in Florida. I miss him so much but he does call me every week and we talk for an hour each time. We have so much to talk about. When we lived in the same house he barely talked now you can't shut him up lol ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Angel Lips
09-13-2004, 05:01 AM
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 05:02 AM
((((Hugs))))

amysusi
09-13-2004, 08:54 AM
From another perspective: I miss my parents. I moved 2 states away, and don't get to see them as often as I like, especially now that I have kids. But we do talk on the phone every week.

nightrider127
09-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Try not to get too upset, Bears. He may be back. Our son moved out 3 times before he stayed gone. At least he is going to stay with family so he is not entirely out there by himself

The first time our son left, he went to Cleveland, not quite the distance your son is going. But he was going alone. We had no family living up that way that he could get to in a hurry if he needed something. But you know, I am glad he did it. He proved to me and his dad that he could make it on his own. That, believe it or not, was a relief to us. And of course, we would have been there for him if he had needed us.

You've done your job, and I bet you have done it well. Now it's time to let him spread his wings and prove himself.

BearsBunny2
09-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks all for you support. My oldest moved back there 4 yrs ago but I still had one here, now they will both be out there. My oldest calls me 2 - 3 times a week so it is almost like he is still here but I haven't seen him in 2 yrs when he grad from high school. I know it is time for them to go but it is still hard. Yes I think I've done a good job with them, they are both good boys, no trouble with the law or drugs. It just another part of life :rolleyes:

llbriteyes
09-13-2004, 06:15 PM
When my oldest daughter was 17, she left me for another mother. I know what you're feeling and wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'm sorry.

Linda

BigLyd1
09-14-2004, 08:53 AM
It's only a few hours by plane. It'll be an excuse to come out to California. :)

Seriously, sorry that you're sad about your son.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-14-2004, 09:11 AM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

BearsBunny2
09-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Well he is safe and sound in CA. The airline lost his suitcase which had all his clothes in it but what he had on. The airport was hard on both of us but we got through it. Thanks all again for your support.

Shann
09-19-2004, 01:14 PM
hmm.. I think I got short changed.. I swear I saw my mom doing the *happy dance* when I moved across the country.. ;) I've been here for a year and I think she misses me b/c now she's talking about moving out here yeah! Anyways, that's great that he got their safe and sound and just b/c he moved doesn't mean you can't stay in touch. {{{{hugs}}}}

buglebe
09-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Letting go is absolutely the hardest thing a parent can do. My experience-ds moved out and 1000 miles away at 18 and then again at 19 and back in with us 2 times. He is now married and out but still in town. Youngest dd moved out at 18 and back in at 22 with a husband in tow, then left him with us and moved out of state. Oldest dd moved out at 22, has been out all these years and now at 40!! has moved back in. They may leave you physically and they may be distant emotionally for a little while while lots is going on in their life, but they come back. It is just life repeating itself. But letting go is so so hard. Yes you think your heart will break.