PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen...

YankeeMary
09-12-2004, 12:59 PM
That new show "How Clean Is Your House?" Oh my the one I seen the people that lived there were sooooooooo gross...talk about child abuse. That house was totally disgusting. The daughter (I think) was sleeping on cat poop...gross............

nanajoanie
09-12-2004, 01:02 PM
That wouldn't be on my TV. Gross!! Nasty!! Disgusting!! Where do these producers come up with this garbage they call entertainment??????

YankeeMary
09-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Well Nana the thing is as long as there are people like me to watch that garbage they will continue to show it. But I will say that once those 2 cleaning ladies left that house was beautiful..they did a good job and even went back 2 weeks later and the family was keeping the house clean.

nanajoanie
09-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Well Nana the thing is as long as there are people like me to watch that garbage they will continue to show it. But I will say that once those 2 cleaning ladies left that house was beautiful..they did a good job and even went back 2 weeks later and the family was keeping the house clean.

WOW!! I assume the program was paying for the cleaning ladies to come back. If so, I'll let this place go a little. When I clean out the fridge next time, I'll just throw it on the floor, quit cleaning the bathroom, or doing the dishes, no laundry. How do I contact them for free maid service :D :D :D
Sorry Mary, I'm probably sounding sarcastic but I think it's borderline funny :D

buttrfli
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
I have seen the show and am positive that the houses are a set-up. I saw the one show where there was a family of 6 with tons of animals and cat poo on the floor, nasty things growing all over... sorry, but if a house were in that kind of condition, CPS would take the kids from that house so fast their heads would spin.

if the houses are real.. who'd want to go on national TV and be embarrased for something like that?? I can understand doing a gameshow and being embarrased, but not showing the world how nasty their house was...

on a bright note - immediately after the show was over, I had the uncontrolable urge to clean my house... even though it didn't need it lol

Angelseyes28
09-12-2004, 01:20 PM
I have seen the show and am positive that the houses are a set-up. I saw the one show where there was a family of 6 with tons of animals and cat poo on the floor, nasty things growing all over... sorry, but if a house were in that kind of condition, CPS would take the kids from that house so fast their heads would spin.

Actually that's not always the case. My mom cleans houses and one of the houses is HORRIBLE.....they have 2 dogs and neither are house trained. She only goes and cleans this house once a week but she has told me that there will be dried dog poo on the carpets etc. *shudder* So for it to have been dry you know it was lying there for a while......gag!! Ok enough of that, I'm going to make myself sick.

pae1968
09-12-2004, 02:23 PM
is quickly exiting from this post, i'm eating dinner......was

kelly12569
09-12-2004, 02:30 PM
a kid was sleeping in it ??? OMG and nothing came out of that?? geeeez

I dont think Ive heard of that show or I probably would have watched it. Sometimes those reality shows just amaze me.

picklepuss
09-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I haven't seen it but I would think something like this would have to be staged.I mean come on,if someone walked into a house and kids were sleeping on cat crap they would notify the authorities.If not,they should all be horsewhipped.Just another outrageous way to make money and get ratings :mad:

Shann
09-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I think that is has to be staged also. That is so gross that someone would just let poop stay on the floors! I agree that sometimes our puppies are naughty, but we don't leave it there for days! Yesterday one of them got sick and we cleaned it up quickly... i would think the smell alone and thinking you were going to step in it would be enough to want it off the floor! G R O S S !

ahippiechic
09-12-2004, 03:07 PM
I manage a weekly rental apt. complex, and we specailize in renting to people who have evictions, judgements, etc and have problems renting elsewhere.

And seeing the condtion of some of there apts. after just a few weeks, I KNOW why they have been evicted so much! I could make you sick with the messes I've seen and I've called CPS about these too, but they rarely, if ever, come out and check. When they do, they just tell them to clean it a little more and let it go at that. :(

amysusi
09-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Got a family in one of the neighboring apartment complexes here that have had their kids taken away because of the mess and filth. And they are doing nothing to remedy it! CPS gave them back their oldest because she was too much for anyone to handle (remember my post about camp and the whiney girl? that's her). I see this young girl about once a week, and she's always talking about her animals, and how they never get caught (it's a no pet complex). And they just keep getting more. I wonder "what's wrong with these people?". And the poor girl is caught up in this vicious cycle, and has no desire to make it better. They say they are looking for a house. With no income, good luck. But I look forward to them going, and then I feel terrible about that. You can only be so patient, but when it's always negativity and whining and complaining with no end in site, you can't help but want to see them go.

Sorry for whining in your thread.

YankeeMary
09-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Whine away...hehe...I myself liked the show only because the 2 cleaning ladies told the family how disgusiting and all it was...you all have to watch it. I am pretty sure it is on lifetime.

Kyla Kym
09-13-2004, 01:41 AM
I think some people just don't realize how nasty their homes are. Because I've seen several post pictures of their family members and I don't know how they are not embarrassed because of how their homes look in the photo's. I couldn't imagine publishing photo's for the whole world to see with my house ever looking like that. So they either have no shame or they are just oblivious to the filth around them. JMHO

Tasha405
09-13-2004, 05:29 AM
I haven't seen the show but I have seen houses that were so nasty that you had to kick your way through the dirty laundry and garbage to get through the house. Old food laying everywhere and pets running wild. Its sad. I had a friend whose house was like that. We would take a whole week during the summer to clean up her house and then it would just go right back to a mess. We were on like 6th & 7th grade. They were three kids living there at that time too. Nothing was ever done about it although people would call and report her. I have also seen other houses to where people just let their kids run wild, they throw food and garbage everywhere and the parents just sit there like nothing is wrong or is going on. I'll never understand it, but some people really do live that way.

laughsalot
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
dang! I cant believe I missed it, I have been dying to see this new show!

ezmoney163
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
me too. I wanna see it.

Willow
09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
It's on tonight at 11:00pm on Lifetime. I wish it wasn't on so late because I would love to see it. I've seen the previews and it looks like a good show. I think some people just don't care how they live. I would have a nervous breakdown living in filth like that. I don't know how people do it. I have to have the chairs pushed in a certain way under the kitchen table. I can't have anything off centered. I guess it's the OCD but I'm glad I'm that way. I couldn't stand being dirty.

Willow
09-13-2004, 04:45 PM
I think some people just don't realize how nasty their homes are. Because I've seen several post pictures of their family members and I don't know how they are not embarrassed because of how their homes look in the photo's. I couldn't imagine publishing photo's for the whole world to see with my house ever looking like that. So they either have no shame or they are just oblivious to the filth around them. JMHO

I've seen some dirty pictures too but they weren't of anyone's house. lol

YankeeMary
09-13-2004, 05:19 PM
I've seen some dirty pictures too but they weren't of anyone's house. lol

I know what you are saying and I think I have seen the same pics that you are talking about. Totally blows my mind, but as they say to each his own. But still...ewwwwwwww.

buglebe
09-13-2004, 07:55 PM
My daughter told me about it. She had a friend when she was growing up who lived in a house like that. We also had neighbors who had 10 children who lived like that. I want to see the show so it will make me feel good about my housekeeping. I wouldn't win a prize!!

Countrymom
09-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Whine away...hehe...I myself liked the show only because the 2 cleaning ladies told the family how disgusiting and all it was...you all have to watch it. I am pretty sure it is on lifetime.

I saw the show that you are talking about Mary...it was on Lifetime. NASTY!! :eek:

Countrymom
10-04-2004, 05:08 AM
Mary your show is on! I have Directv...it is on right now, channel 252. :D