PDA

View Full Version : She's gone:-(, update to my dog

mjlewis23
09-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I posted over the past couple weeks in the Religious content forum about my dog. She was diagnosed with Lypmhatic Cancer on Sept. 2. The vet thought we may have about 3 weeks left with her at that point, maybe up to 8, so she didn't advise any treatment except Prednisone to keep her comfortable and shrink the lypmh nodes. She responded to the Prednisone for about 3 days, and then the downward spiral began. Friday night she had an accident inside the house (diahrrea (sorry so graphic)) and it was about 50% blood. I knew then that it was time to let her go. The worst part for me was that she had the greatest attitude and wagged her tail and was friendly up until the very end. But when they gave her the shot, she was gone immediately. She was so ready and was just hanging on for my benefit. Our family is so saddened by her passing, me, my husband, and especially our 5 year old daughter. Our dog was almost 10 years old, and she was the best dog. Not a single person who met her didn't like her. Even our extended family (mine and my husband's parents, and our siblings) cried over her death. She was just such a special dog, she touched everyone so deeply. Sorry to type so much, I just had to get that out and also update all of the people who were praying for her.

Michelle

Nimue
09-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Hugs. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby. Just remember she not hurting anymore and she is wagging her tail looking down on you.

YankeeMary
09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh Michelle I am so so sorry, I know how hard this is on you and your family. I am sorry you have lost a member of your family. Hugs to you all.

mom2cvam
09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
{{{{{{{{{{mjlewis23}}}}}}}}}}
I'm so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. :(

Angel Lips
09-12-2004, 10:06 AM
I am sooo sorry ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

jcw
09-12-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry

MamaFairal
09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
sorry for your families loss :(

{{hugs}}

sahmsfreeb
09-12-2004, 12:14 PM
sorry for you loss. animals are gods gift to us.

Shann
09-12-2004, 10:53 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm getting teary eyed just reading your post :( I know how hard it is to lose a family member even if they are four legged ;)

nosamiam
09-12-2004, 11:11 PM
I know how hard it is too loose a pet. :(

{{{{{mjlewis23}}}}}

NoFoolPrice
09-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh Michelle, I am so sorry for your pain, pets are so full of unconditional love and so hard to lose. You are in my Ciao, Giovannis and Givens thoughts and best wishes.

nightrider127
09-13-2004, 06:25 AM
On, I am so sorry for your loss. We just lost our beloved Dingo the 28th of August. I so feel your pain. We didn't have to put him down, he didn't seem to be suffering so there was no need to.

Just remember, your furbaby is with our Dingo and our Lady waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Alura
09-13-2004, 10:21 AM
That is so sad. I am so sorry. I know I would feel just terrible if something happened to my "baby."

brumzoo
09-13-2004, 07:25 PM
I am so sorry. There is another bright star in Heaven now.

moogle
09-14-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm so sorry!!!

You did everything you could do for her, including knowing when
it was time for her to go. Sounds like she had a great life with
you.

We went through losing our cat Sadie a couple years ago. She had
kidney failure, and wasn't responding to treatment. It was time....
Luckily, our friend works at our vet's office, and she came over to
give her the shot at our apartment. Afterwards, I was standing in the
hallway door, and glanced down the hallway. I saw Sadie walking down
the hall, without any problems, tail in the air (She had been staggering before.). I looked in the living room, and her body was still on the pillow
where she got the shot. I looked back down the hall, just as Sadie went
around the corner. I truly believe she was letting me know she didn't
hurt anymore and we did the right thing.

You did the right thing, and she'll be seeing you again. I know - 'cause Sadie
showed me that they do go on.