PDA

View Full Version : I'm Soooo Tired!

NotSoLucky
09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
My two year old son is having sleep problems. We moved him from his crib to a toddler bed about a month ago, the first few weeks he really seemed to love his new "big boy" bed but now he refuses to go near it! In fact he pretty much refuses to go to sleep at all! It's after 11:30 Every night before he'll fall asleep and it's in our bed...not his! Then he's up at 6:30 and it's he** trying to get him to nap, he won't do that either. I'm really at my wit's end here, what else can I do? We've triied the baths, the stories, night-lights, singing etc... Short of simply holding him down and holding his eyes closed...lol. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for listening....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Willow
09-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure what to do about him sleeping in your bed because I had that problem too. Just don't let it go on for too long because the longer you let him sleep with you the harder it will be. I speak from experience. lol My son stopped napping at 2 so maybe your son just doesn't need a nap anymore. If he's having trouble getting to sleep at night I definitely wouldn't encourage him to nap.

kama5207
09-11-2004, 04:27 PM
try keeping a journal of everything he eats that day. see if there is too much sugar content...and i'm not just talking about sugar coated stuff...i'm talking carbs also which turn to sugar. +
another suggestion...try to settle down about an hour or 2 before you'd like him to go to bed...no very active playtime... read/color/all sitting down. they also say that warm milk acts as a mild sedative and helps people sleep. definitely check his caffeine intake like chocolates which are loaded with caffeine which is a stimulant.

as far as the bed...perhaps he had a nightmare and associates the bed with bad dreams. instead of letting him sleep in your bed, why don't you lie down with him on his till he falls asleep?

i hope the situation improves. good luck..

Angel Lips
09-11-2004, 06:37 PM
i have no suggestions but i just wanted to tell you i hope that he goes to sleep earlier for you and in his own bed. Im sorry that your tired. hope everything works out

amysusi
09-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Good luck. My friend's 4 year old son won't sleep in his bed either. He sleeps on the floor next to the door so he can see underneath. He also has to have the light on -all night! He flipped last week when we had that power outage at 2 am. Their 3 kids are at my house now, but when I'm done here, I'm taking them home and putting the girls to bed. The boy has no bedtime, yet my friends are always surprised to find him asleep on the living room floor when they come home. :confused:

bribella
09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
I feel for you. I have a 2yr old DD who is the same way. In fact all my kids are that way LOL! All my babies have slept in our bed with us from the day they came home from the hospital. My DH doesn't really care for it. But sometimes its the only way I can get any sleep.

My son(5) stopped sleeping in our bed when he was 3 and has slept on the couch ever since(he does have his own bedroom).
My DD(2) slept with us as well and started sleeping on the couch like her brother when she was 1 1/2. Lately she has been waking up and climbing into our bed.
DD#2(1) still sleeps with us.

I feel that I could have a 1 bedroom house and save myself a few hundred $ a month LOL! The kids all have their own beds and bedrooms but they NEVER sleep in them! I am still trying to figure out how to get them to do that.

I want my bed back!!!!!!!

Freebeemom
09-12-2004, 07:31 AM
I had a similar problem, until I purchased one of those lullaby cd's called "A child's gift of lullaby's " It is excellent. Works like a charm!!

llbriteyes
09-12-2004, 08:19 AM
When my kids were very young, I had them on a schedule, and God help the person who messed it up. Up at a certain time, if they wanted to or not. Nap time at a certain time, until they were about 5. Activities during the day. Play in the park, go visit their little friends and play. Run around in the back yard. Their hardest play was after dinner until about 7:00, then they'd come in for a bath, snuggle with mom & dad, and into bed at 8:00.

There was a lot of room for variables, but the schedule remained the same. The importance was the schedule itself. There were special ocassions, but they were few and far between.

They were so tired by the end of the day, they pretty much fell into bed.

Linda