PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Vanuatu chat thread...

jinydale
09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I have heard they are going to be put into all men and all women tribes, like the Amazon. There is also a guy who only has one leg. I can't wait for the action to start. This Thurs, Sept 16th 7pm CT 8pm PT.
Here are the two sites that I visit that are great sources of info:

http://www.survivorfever.net/index9.html

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/

Jeff Probst "On the Contestants" videos:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/insider/video.php?chap=1709

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/insider/video.php?chap=1710

hdlzx2
09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
I'll join! Thanks for the links, see ya Thurs.! (Rather, Friday, to comment....)

jinydale
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
3 More Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d :d

jinydale
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

I feel like a kid at Christmas!! My husband says I am insane when it come to Survivor. Psst.....(whispers)I agree. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Airbuswife
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Here's another great link, he does *GREAT* BB5 updates, and is also known for his Survivor updates

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamSurvivor9/home.html

jinydale
09-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanx for the link :D

buttrfli
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Tonights the night! :)

Kelsey1224
09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!! Survivor is my favorite reality show.

jinydale
09-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Just three more hours here!!!! I have it checked on my satelite!!!! :cool:

belle356
09-16-2004, 03:11 PM
I cannot wait till tonight. Been waiting for this day for a while. Its my favorite show as well. A couple years back my company sponsored an event in my town and after is was all over I got to go to dinner with Colby, Elizabeth and Amber. Talk about a great time. Elizabeth was such a doll. And ummmmmm yeah Colby is drop dead beautiful! lol Not sure if anyone remembers them but if your a survivor fan Im sure you remember that year!

babydoll_jen
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet. :o

belle356
09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
I loved it..... as usual. BUt surprised at the outcome. As far as who was voted out!

babydoll_jen
09-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Me too, I loved that part of it. Was really a shock. To me, the person acted like a real jerk from the beginning thinking that he/she was better than everybody. There is a lot more I would like to say about it, but don't want to ruin it for the others.

buttrfli
09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
It wasn't what I thought it was going to be

ITA ... it could be that I have been in a foul mood today, but I couldn't get into the show... maybe next week it will be better lol

jinydale
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
I love the fact that the older people in the tribe wised up so early to get out some of the more dominant young ones. I am posting this pretty late, so everyone should have seen it by now.
I just hope the women tribe do the same.

GO SCOUT!!!!!!!!

kkfrench
09-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Being a woman, do you think there's something wrong? I was routing for the guys last night. Can't help it some of those women need to go!!

JKATHERINE
09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Already I am thoroughly annoyed with people! lol Eliza doesn't shut up! And Twila, with that VOICE! I hope the both go early. lol

Kelsey1224
09-17-2004, 07:12 AM
You know...I was rooting for the guys as well. Some of those women were working hard...as is expected when you go on Survivor. But the rest were 'taking a break'. Puleeze...you take a break when your shelter is built and you have fire and food and water.

Although...maybe I missed it...but I didn't see much of the shelter the guys built.

I needed more show. It's the premiere for goodness sake. You would think that the producers have enough footage to make a two-hour opener.

But that's me. I just can't get enough of Survivor.

YNKYH8R
09-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Jusy out of curiousity, I noticed that someone wrote " Go Scout"

How does everyone determine who they like or want to stand behind before we've even gotten two weeks into the season?

It looks like it is going to be a good series this year too. I enjoyed this opening almost as much as I enjoyed the begining of pearl islands.

Kelsey1224
09-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Jusy out of curiousity, I noticed that someone wrote " Go Scout"

How does everyone determine who they like or want to stand behind before we've even gotten two weeks into the season?

While I didn't write the quote...I would say "Go Scout" as well. That's because she is an older woman (usually one of the first to go simply by nature of her age) and she has a good work ethic.

She was busting her butt while the "Twiggy's" were laying around in the sun.

jinydale
09-17-2004, 01:32 PM
While I didn't write the quote...I would say "Go Scout" as well. That's because she is an older woman (usually one of the first to go simply by nature of her age) and she has a good work ethic.

She was busting her butt while the "Twiggy's" were laying around in the sun.

I was the one who wrote it, and that is the reason I am pulling for her. I pulled for Rudy(Allstar) and Jan(Thailand). I am just a softy for them.
But it could change as the game goes on.

Kelsey1224
09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Read Scout's bio...she is an amazing woman. A former college professor, author, etc. She is also a lesbian (not that there is anything wrong with that...). I wonder how long it will take for that information to get out to the tribe...if it ever does.

I did think she was silly to suggest that they just stop and rest so they could "visit".

What was with that...LOL.

jinydale
09-22-2004, 04:29 AM
I read in somewhere that Ami Cusack was a lesbian also. I wonder if survivor is going to play on that in some way. That is a sticky topic for them to use in a reality show. HHHUUUMMM :confused:

melsh
09-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Why didn’t anyone think about keeping a chicken around for awhile that lays eggs? :confused:

jinydale
09-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Liza gets on my nerves soo bad. I just hate that she had enough pull on the older people to vote Dolly out. Not that I wanted Dolly to stay. It was just the fact that Liza has enough game in her to pull it off. I wanted to see her go pretty soon. Hopefully that was her shining moment and she gets booted in the near future. Got my fingers crossed. :p :D :D

jinydale
10-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I think John K. handle the immunity thing pretty slick. He may go far in this game.

Kelsey1224
10-04-2004, 01:23 PM
I think John K. handle the immunity thing pretty slick. He may go far in this game.

I absolutely agree with you. I was surprised at his intuitiveness. Also, by letting the women's tribe decide immunity themselves, he did not make any enemies and he did not get sucked into any of the drama. That was VERY smart!!!

However, I do not think he will go far because he is one of two players being targeted by the older group on the men's tribe. Unless tribes are mixed up...like they did on Amazon...he will be gone soon.

I can't wait for Yasur to get rid of Eliza. OMG...her mouth would drive me crazy. Can't she shut up for once!!!

jinydale
10-08-2004, 09:26 PM
The older people in these tribes are really sticking to their guns about voting off the younger ones. I think Mark Burnett is seeing that this is getting pretty boring. Because the previews for next week show they are going to be mixing the tribes up. I really don't see them doing the merge this early in the game. Maybe things will get more interesting next week.

Titisams
10-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, what happened tonite? I missed it and went to see "THE GRUDGE". I forgot to set my VCR. Who got voted off?
Thanks
Shana
TTMeeko@aol.com

jinydale
10-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Lisa was booted last night.

I can't wait for the merge. Maybe things will get more interesting. And, Gosh, would someone please get rid of Liza!!!!!! I am pulling for Sarge, Chad, Chris and Twila. I hope that is a true alliance, that Sarge wasn't blowing smoke up her A$$. Hopefully at the merge these four will pull in Scout and then get rid of Liza and Ami. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :o :o :o

YNKYH8R
11-19-2004, 08:15 AM
LOL! Well, I can see no one in here is getting into Survivor either. The last post was almost a month ago!!!!!LMAO! :D

hdlzx2
11-19-2004, 08:20 AM
I Wish Scout Would Strategize More By Shutting Her Mouth And Not Always Run To Amy!!!!!!!!!!!

jinydale
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
I just noticed something. Which might be bad news for survivor. On CBS.com home page there is usually, the whole season, a picture of the survivors in the main picture window. But not this season. CBS is probably noticing the same thing we are this season. Has anyone read or heard anything about the how the ratings are doing this season?

jinydale
11-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Incase you haven't watched tonights episode.......

YAHOOOOOO I am so glad this game has finally heated up. Good bye Leann!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was soooo great how Chris,Twila,Eliza and Scout turned that around on Ami, Leann and Julie. It is about freakin time they started playing this game. If it wasn't for immunity Ami would have been gone. I am actually looking forward to next Thursday.

YNKYH8R
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I saw LeAnn get voted off, but we missed the whole episode, lack of interest, we''l watch next Thursday though...

fatesfaery
11-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Next week should be good....I'm sure Ami won't be happy.......the shocked look on her face was priceless!

YNKYH8R
11-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Why was she shocked? I take it that was not the plan huh?

fatesfaery
11-27-2004, 01:44 PM
I get the impression Ami thinks she's pulling all the strings and running the show, she was pretty tight with Leann. She decided that she wanted Eliza to go.....was sure her women's alliance would vote with her. Scout, Twila and Eliza voted with Chris...bye-bye Leanne.....Ami didn't look like a happy camper.

melsh
12-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Next week should be good....I'm sure Ami won't be happy.......the shocked look on her face was priceless!

LOL, too funny! Ha Ha! :D
I sure hope she goes next.

teenies*mom
12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Did anyone watch last night -

Bye Bye Ami - lol.
and I can't believe the little "speech" that Eliza said about caring if Ami was there or not - then she goes and votes her off too - OMG - that was hilarious.

DBackFan
12-03-2004, 07:25 AM
I was SOOOO glad to see Ami go. YUCK she ticked me off! I am not so sure Elize voted for her it could have been Scout, Twyla, Chris and Robin. Either way she is gone. :D

I guess I have to root for Chris because I just don't like many of them this season.

teenies*mom
12-03-2004, 08:16 AM
I was SOOOO glad to see Ami go. YUCK she ticked me off! I am not so sure Elize voted for her it could have been Scout, Twyla, Chris and Robin. Either way she is gone. :D

I guess I have to root for Chris because I just don't like many of them this season.

Yeah - my hubby watched the very end when they credits are rolling and they show who voted for who and he said that Eliza was one of them that voted Ami off - I didn't see it, I am just going by what he said. But I am glad to see her go anyway - and I'm glad she didn't win the car either.

I feel the same way about rooting for Chris becuase I don't like any of them either.

CherubSong
12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
AMI HAS GONE BYE-BYE...YaY!

...Now the show FINALLY gets interesting; now that Miss Follow-the-Leader is gone. Can't wait til' Thursday. Did ya' see Chris's face when he won immunity? Proud as catchin' a frog in a pond. I'm rooting for him, too.

YNKYH8R
12-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, the finally is on Sunday, I never thought I'd be happy to get to the end of a Survivor season. The whole series was weird from the beginning, with the older guys voting off all the younger guys. Unless it is a physical challenge I really don't see Chris getting to the final three.

kimp67
12-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Somebody tell me what happened tonight, QUICK!!!! DH turned off the vcr while I was at work......gonna KILL him!!!

teenies*mom
12-10-2004, 02:44 AM
Somebody tell me what happened tonight, QUICK!!!! DH turned off the vcr while I was at work......gonna KILL him!!!
nothing much happend - but I did think Twila was the one being voted off isntead of Julie - I wish Twila was voted off - she is miserable - and I hope she doesn't win.
Chris had Eliza believing that he was gonna vote off Twila so she voted for her too but at the last minute Chris decided to stay with his alliance with Twila and Scout and voted for Julie.

kimp67
12-10-2004, 05:10 AM
I just read the update on the website, thx for answering teeniesmom. I now hope Chris wins it. I don't think Scout deserves it, I wanted Eliza eliminated from the beginning & I think Chris deserves it more than Twila. Sarge was my pick from the start, I'm still mad that they voted him off! :) Can't wait til Sunday night to see this, I have work, already told DH to keep his fingers off my VCR!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-10-2004, 07:13 AM
I do NOT like Twila!! I hope Eliza wins just for the pleasure of seeing Twila's face LOL

teenies*mom
12-10-2004, 11:46 AM
I do NOT like Twila!! I hope Eliza wins just for the pleasure of seeing Twila's face LOL

I don't like Twila either - she seems like a nasty old you-know-what - thats all she does is complain -
to tell you the truth - I don't know who I want to win --RUPERT-- - lol
just kidding - Eliza goes to school right down the road from my house at Syracuse University. Maybe I will see that car she won driving around the streets of Syracuse. - LOL

CherubSong
12-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking the last 2 left are going to be Eliza & Twila. The last challenge is usually a physically defiant one, & those 2 survivors are the only ones left that won physical challenges. Chris won an immunity by sliding the little discs on a board; not very physical. I'm rooting for him anyways... :rolleyes: .

YNKYH8R
12-10-2004, 01:25 PM
If Eliza doesn't get immunity, she's gone. I think it will be down to Twila and Chris.

Anthill
12-10-2004, 03:17 PM
This has been one of the most chattiest (sp) bunch of people at Tribal Council. The guys could have easily had won this if they weren't so stupid. THey should have kept John and gotten rid of Julie, but NO. Then when they go to tribal council Sarge (Who I was rooting for, I liked him and Twila), he starts to tell them of their plan. WHAT was he stupid????? Then another time at Tribal council Scout opens her mouth, and Twila opens her mouth too much. I am still rooting for Twila, don't know why, I guess I feel she deserves it. I think it's funny when these people start talking about friendships. Hey you came here to win a Million dollars, you want to make friends go to summer camp.

DBackFan
12-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I HATE Twila! I think Chris knew he had a better chance of winning in the final 2 against her or Scout and thats why he voted off Jules.

If the girls are smart even though they hate each other they will band together and vote Chris off now or he will win. I WANT him to win but if they play the game right he will be next to go.

DBackFan
12-12-2004, 11:54 PM
ya Hooooooooooooooooooo!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-13-2004, 04:15 AM
He's lucky he won that last immunity.BUT, I think Twila knew if she actully won it and picked to take Scout to the final two,she would be #2 with Scout winning the million,Chris was thinking the same thing.

Sarge cracked me up when he put the checkered flag and put Chris's name..LOL

YNKYH8R
12-13-2004, 08:17 AM
It really shocks me that people like Julie and Ami cry at the last tribal council about how they were betrayed, that friends ‘stabbed them I the back’. It’s a game. That is the purpose, it out wit and out smart to the final two. Did Julie really think that Chris was going to take her to the final two? Did Ami really think Twila would take her? Twila was in a pact with Leann and Ami and she backed out, they never saw it coming, which is what Survivor is about. If it cam down to LeAnn, Ami and Twila do you think Ami would have taken Twila to the final two?

The whole friend’s thing is really outrageous; I mean they are there for only 30 to 39 days depending on the person. How close of a friendship is someone supposed to have with someone else. I think the women concentrated too much on not walking on each others shoes and not playing the game. Chris was always strategizing, while the girls talked about who annoyed who and who they were going to ride the coat tails of. Chris did awesome he sat back and let the girls self destruct. Why don’t they ever come clean and point that out? I would have loved it if Chris had said, “Well, Ami, you were gone because you stuck out.” The same goes for the rest, who ever was attached to Ami went bye-bye. The girls did it to the guys, if a girl won immunity then the guys were sent packing. So why was Lea so pissed Chris? Chris didn’t vote Lea out.

Anthill
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
The whole freinds thing cracks me up also. To me you are not there to make freinds you are there to win a million bucks. You want to make freinds go on a cruise go to summer camp but don't go on Survivor!!!! just my opinion

buttrfli
12-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I am glad chris won. I thought it was hilarious that he told his fiance that he had been voted out LOL

I knew that sarge would vote for chris no matter what he said.

Scout was such a good sport in the end. She showed true okie spirit :D

barbaric
12-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I am glad Chris won too.

Nanc952
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
How much did Twila win?

I agree the friendship thing is silly they are there for the money so why act like they are all buddy, buddy and then get upset. If the tables were turned they would have said that was part of the game get over it.

Scout showed real class how she acted when voted off.

renagade
12-21-2004, 05:16 PM
A special reception for Twila Tanner of Marshall, who won $100,000 as the runner-up in the latest edition of the reality television show "Survivor" will be held Sunday in her hometown.