PDA

View Full Version : Sept 11th again, and like every year I am so sad

iluvmybaby
09-11-2004, 06:10 AM
:( I remember Sept 11th only three years ago, I think no one will ever forget, it was a time of great sadness and tradgedy, but also a time of great strength, thank you NYC policeman, fireman, search and rescue, too many to list, all of the people that came together to help the victims. Hope I am making sense, this always makes me cry, I was watching right before the second plane hit the tower and I thought that was it, the end of america as we know it, I saw the pentagon while it was still in repair and ground zero when it was open to the public.
I hope no one ever forgets, because this proved how strong america was and how much we can do if we work together, and I hope the ppl that helped in this plot are caught

Willow
09-11-2004, 06:45 AM
It's hard to believe it's been three years already. I can still remember what I was doing that day when I first heard about it on the radio.

EMSnurse
09-11-2004, 07:08 AM
I lost a good friend there, not caught in the Towers, but suffered a massive heart attack while working in the recovery effort. He was with the Jersey Port Authority. This day makes me so angry that they did this to us and also reminds me why I'm an EMT. Very emotional day...

andreame70
09-11-2004, 07:32 AM
I still remember exactly what I was doing when I first heard too Patchouli.

I was standing in line at Lowe's Foods getting checked out and there were 7-8 employees I saw gathered around a TV they had set up on the customer service desk. I kept wondering what they were all doing and all of a sudden I saw them gasp and most of them started crying. I had no idea what was going on, until I stepped over and stood with them. Then I saw it for myself. I remember how my knees buckled and I felt this overwhelming sense of fear and sorrow.

I don't remember how my groceries got into my car when I walked out. I was so numb, I don't know if I put them in the trunk or if a bagger did and I do not remember the drive home, although I got here. I just remember being affixed to the couch and watching the terrible tragedy over and over again as it played on the TV screen.

Up until that day, nothing in my life had ever affected me in this way.

http://www.savefile.com/redir/55202.bmp

Andrea

iluvmybaby
09-11-2004, 01:02 PM
So sad :(

purplerose23
09-12-2004, 12:46 PM
This is sad :(, but on a bright side, I work for DELTA airlines and Security here is now awesome! My favorite day to travel now is September 11th! It is actually my travel benefit anniversary date. Pretty uncanny isn't it? I am just glad things have gotten more secure and I am feeling more safe traveling these days in the air. :) I think I am going to go listen to the great song now by Alan Jackson, "Have you forgotten".......it is a great, great reminder for this day!

andreame70
09-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I like that song too, but doesn't Darryl Worley sing that? I don't think it is Allen Jackson, but I could be wrong. It is a great song though.

Andrea

DivineMsDi
09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
I know it is hard to believe it has been 3 years. On the cover of our local paper is a big story about those who had family die there. (we are 50 miles from Ground Zero). It is so hard to read or see anything about 9/11.

I remember where I was...in my backyard with my son (he was 3 at the time). We were going to start at his playgroup the next day--he as a student and me as a teacher. I started to do some gardening. The phone rang about 8:30-8:45am. She said put on the tv. I did, and spent the rest of the day glued to the news.

That night I heard those jets overhead and was so darn scared. I remember thinking "Now I know how people being bombed in WWII felt."

YNKYH8R
09-13-2004, 01:23 PM
My wife and I saved a lot of magazines and news paper articles.
Although I never saw 9/11 happen I can only imagine what it must have been like. Such a tragic loss.