PDA

View Full Version : Men!

rlynn411
09-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Think I may have to get a big stick out and beat my DH! He just calls from work and says.....Oh I forgot all about this until my brother called to remind me a few minutes ago. Apparently I'm suppose to make 2 seperate over night babysitters appear out of thin hour on 5 hours notice.

Guess his youngest brother asked him WEEKS ago if me and the DH could be in Dayton by 5:30 tonight on the pretence of having a birthday dinner with his parent (its his moms BD) but the real reason we're going is that he is going to ask his girlfriend to MARRY him. Well, heck.....I didn't even know he was dating anyone seriously in the first place. DH says she lives in Texas well now I know they can't see each other all that much seeing how he lives on the oher side of the map. DH said I'm out of the loop....apparently so!!

He says I forgot to ask where we're having dinner so I've given him a call back to see how we need to dress. Well just great is what I'm thinking. Might require a trip to pick up an outfit to wear. Any thing beyond needing dress pants and nice shirt is going to require shopping. But then again maybe not cause as you can see I'm not putting all that much effort into finding a sitter. I figure its his screw up let him come up with a plan!

Add this bit of news to talking to a friend who's co worker needed a fill in babysitter on Tuesday and Wednesday only to find out today that my friend has determined the co worker may not pay me. Friend didnt realize the money issue until today when the co worker brough her DD to work with her cause her regualr babysitter would not let them in the door since she owed her $140.....ugh! Also hinting around for a loan from the friend. I'm thinking don't do it. I was going to tell my friend to just keep the babysitting money when she gave it to her and it would save a trip to the bank since I need to get her $40 for something she order for my DS.

I DON'T blame my friend at all, cause shes a good and honest person. But man oh man does it irk me that the mother knew she would not have money to pay me and brought the monster child here anyways.

Tasha405
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
When ya get that stick out can ya give my DH a few whacks with it too?? Just for fun. LOL He does have a b-day coming up so you can hit him for that too. :D

I hope you get everything worked out. I hate when they make plans and decide to tell us last minute and we have to work it all out. I say sit back, relax and let him work it all out when he gets home. lol

rlynn411
09-10-2004, 08:46 AM
When ya get that stick out can ya give my DH a few whacks with it too?? Just for fun. LOL He does have a b-day coming up so you can hit him for that too. :D

I'm more than willing to share my big stick! :D An hour later and I've only made one call to see if a friend can take one of the kids for the night, and shes not home...... betting she is out hitting the garage sales!

iluvmybaby
09-10-2004, 12:00 PM
:rolleyes: M E N, cant live with em, cant throw them off a cliff, but maybe beating them with a big stick sometimes can help a little !