PDA

View Full Version : Grrr I don't know what to do

DBackFan
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
I had surgery a week ago yesterday and I am still not doing very well. I only took a week off work so I went in for half day yesterday but I have to go back full time today.

My Dr said I will never get the results I need if I go back to work and work tells me I may lose my job if I dont come back. I spent 6 grand and a lot of pain to do this surgery and now I dont know what to do. I cant lose my job but I feel awful!

The thing is I had a lift and implants done at the same time. The implants are riding way hgh in the muscle and I have to stay on muscle relaxers to get them to drop. I cant take them and work too! Not only that but I have over 100 stitches and I am still in pain. :( What to do, what to do. :(

Willow
09-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh I'm sorry. :( I hope you can figure something out.

brokebrook
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Could your doc somehow get involved by contacting/writing to your employer? That may sound far fetched but I've actually had it done in a very similar circumstance (in my case, he just wrote a letter).
That's a lot of stitches, don't risk your health by pushing too hard too soon.
Good luck, sorry the recovery isn't going well. :(

gobs101
09-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Are you eleigable for the family medical leave plan? Check into that. When you are on it you can not lose your job. I have been on it before when I had my left knee replaced. email me if you need more info as i do have my old papers .

DBackFan
09-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I am not eligible for anything because I work as a subcontactor selling manufactured homes. Thats what I keep telling them! I have not gotten paid a dime while I am off its not like I like that! No sick leave etc.

I am at work and so far so good. Just dizzy so taking it real easy.

Tasha405
09-09-2004, 12:09 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}} I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Dolly<3
09-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Wow, that's a toughie. I would listen to the doctor and just keep trying to tell my boss that I have to do what the doctor says. Maybe he was just trying to scare you by telling you that you'd be fired?

Good luck & speedy recovery!

joni1269
09-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Maybe if you go into work and fall asleep at your desk - your boss will understand! I know I can't function on muscle relaxers...

kelly12569
09-11-2004, 05:58 AM
Oh Wow I just saw this..... saw another post and made me wonder how you were doing. Im sorry you are in so much pain, Tami. I hope work cooperates with you soon. :( BIG HUGGS

Angel Lips
09-11-2004, 06:07 AM
Im sorry you are going through this, I hope the pain goes away soon for you and work starts to understand.

DBackFan
09-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Since this got bumped up I will let you know how I'm doing. I am still pretty sore but I am much better. Work did not relent so I am working in fact for the next 10 days in a row! :eek:

They took a few of the stitches out yesterday so I am left with about 80..lol The plus side is they are starting to look pretty nice (with clothes on anyway..lol)

Thanks for caring :)

MelanieAnn
09-11-2004, 08:44 AM
10 Days in a row?!?! Man... :( You should at least have some days off, if not be completely at home to begin with. You want me to go beat up your boss? LOL

I'm glad you're doing a little better! But again, let me know if there's absolutely anything I can do! (((Careful Hugs)))

bell_peaches
09-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself and like someone else said(((((((carefull hugs)))))))

catdance
09-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Do take very good care of you..I have ya in my thought's...