PDA

View Full Version : Share something cute your child/grandchild has said.

buglebe
09-07-2004, 07:34 PM
I love to hear children stories so all of you out there with them, do some bragging here. The other thread about disciplining children made me think about this.
My daughter called today and usually I talk to my 2 yr old grandchild. She will talk a few minutes and then she will ask to speak to her Pawpaw. Today she said to him that he needed to come "home" meaning her house. She wanted him to walk her to the pond "their thing because he walks her with a child lease which she loves" and she said she wanted to sit in his lap. You can imagine how he loves this. I do too.
As for tantrums she screams. She doesn't kick or hit, she just screams at the top of her lungs. She will even stop to talk to me and then resume her screaming. Her mother tries not to laugh. Since I am on the other end of the phone I can. She screamed for 45 min the other night. After 20 min her daddy said her throat should be bleeding. LOL
In the morning when she gets up and comes to the living room where her Mom is with her baby brother, her Mom says "Good morning , Baby." If she is not in a good mood, she says "No good morning, Baby" LOL they are so much fun. Next up , please brag, I love to hear the stories.

sweet~n~sassy
09-08-2004, 06:08 AM
My 7 year old daughter was in an onry mood the other day, and when I said something to her she just grinned and said "I see your mouth moving, but all I hear is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH." I about fell over laughing at her, couldn't believe she came up with that.

joni1269
09-08-2004, 06:40 AM
A coworkers daughter loves chicken - she calls it CHICKUM!!

Isn't that precious?

treasurymae
09-08-2004, 07:12 AM
The last time my 8 yr old daughter and i went bike riding just the 2 of us . She looked at me and said mom even when i grow up and have kids and you get old i will still make time for just us.

One day it was raining and my 2 yr old wanted to go out and play . He told me to call daddy and tell him to turn off the rain.

My 3 yr old had out his tools the other day and i saw him looking under the seat of the lawn mower, and moving his hand around. i said Larry what are you doing and he said Daddy broke lawn mower and now i have fix it then i said well lets go eat and he stood up put his hands on his back and said Oh my back hurts . LOL

amysusi
09-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Nowee has imparted to us his 5 year old wisdom on occasion, we call the Noweeisms. Such a know-it-all that kid. I'll have to go find the notebook I wrote them in.

"If you sit on the bench with your head, you might fall off."

Precious moments with our children :p

bribella
09-08-2004, 08:05 AM
My 2 yr old said in her sleep this morning " I win you lose".

Tadbit
09-08-2004, 08:19 AM
My grandkids were fussing with each other and I was telling them to behave and my grandson put his hands over his ears and said "You can't hear me." I about lost it. It was so funny. :D :D

Kelsey1224
09-08-2004, 08:37 AM
This happened week before last.

T.J. (the little genius) was being a brat with his mother (my daughter)...really just being contrary for no reason. He is a definitely mama's boy so when he gets like this, she gives him a time out in his room. She explains that if he is going to talk to her like that...then he can't be around her.

After the time out he came back into her room. She asked him if he was ready to be nice to her. He said yes...but that Mr. Potato Head had something to say to her. At that point he put Mr. Potato Head in her face and then said, "ppppplllllllttttt!"

I just about died laughing when she told me that.

Angel Lips
09-08-2004, 09:37 AM
lol this is such a cute thread to start, i enjoyed reading what everyone wrote.

buglebe
09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Amysusi, putting it all down in a notebook is a good idea. Come on yall , I know there are more cute stories out there.

halvarado
09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
i started a file on my puter for all the cute things my kids say, but now i can't find it????????? and it is bugging me b/c i will forget them if i don't write them down.

well, yesterday, dd who is 3.5 says to me "mommy, i can't wear that dress. if i do, ppl will laugh" (it was a very pretty dress that i made for her by the wayLOL)

7 YO dd on 4th of july. she got nervous at the end of the show when it got really loud. in the car on the way home, she said "i wasn't nervous, i was impressed. :rolleyes:

i will think of more later and come back:)

reneep45
09-08-2004, 11:40 PM
my 2 yr old grandaughter has been throwing tantrums - i had never saw her do it , my son told me about it .
I was watching her one day at their house, my son & his wife came home & i said she was good as always - then she asked her mommy for something in the kitchen , they go in there & i hear her screaming ,I think oh no she got hurt ,,, i run in & she's laying in the floor kicking & screaming cause she wants her mommy to hurry up !!! I said "hey you stop that ! granny's not putting up with that !! She stopped right away.
A few days later at my house ,i was in the kitchen, she goes in the living room & tells her papaw she wants to sit in his chair & for him to move , he said she could sit with him ,, she started to cry & all of a sudden she stopped & said OHHH,, GRANNY WON'T PUT UP WITH THAT !! :rolleyes:
What a stinker ! lol !!

fatesfaery
09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
When DS was two, he found a new best friend...Carson. Carson was imaginary.
The day Caron arrived, I was getting onto DS for doing something. He kept saying it wasn't him, it was Carson. After a finding out that Carson was his friend, I told him I wasn't worried about Carson, I was worried about Jason. Jason looked me in the eye and told me that I better worry about Carson because he (Carson) was about to set my foot on fire.
Carson lived with us in two different states until DS was 4-5...and let me tell you, Carson was one bad kid!

When DD was 3, she informed me that when she grew up all she was going to was drink wine coolers and smoke cigarettes. (she's grown and doesn't smoke or drink).

When she was four she decided that when she grew up she was going to adopt 10 chinese babies, live with her papaw, and keep wild animals in his backyard......she said she was only going to let the wild animals out to attack when her uncle Chuck came over.

joni1269
09-09-2004, 07:03 AM
After a family trip to Six Flags one day, we were recounting the day on the ride home.

DS (13 at the time) was telling his friend (who came along) that these girls were looking at him.

DD (6) said, "Oh yeah, were they looking at you like this?"

And she screwed up her face, and stuck out her tongue!

Eyore
09-09-2004, 07:25 AM
This happended around 1985 when my daughter was 5. Well she had a hard time with it and she wasn't ready for first grade. I talked to the teacher about holding her back in kindergarten the following year and she agreed that it would be best to do that. Well when I told my daughter she wasn't going to first grade she was staying in kindergarten she busted out crying. I asked her what's wrong. She said I don't want to be one only one in there with the teacher.
She thought all the kids would go to first grade and she would be with the teacher by herself. She was ok once I explained everything.

buttrfli
09-09-2004, 07:59 AM
My kids are forever saying cute things....

most recently, my 7 y/o has been selling jerky sticks for a school fundraiser and she keeps calling them "beef turkey" lol

Last night we were talking about the importance of eating veggies, as we keep trying to get the 7 y/o to eat more healthy and she told DH last night "I don't like them and theres nothing I can do about it, thats the way God made me" LOL

JKATHERINE
09-09-2004, 08:30 AM
I'll have to find my notes, but, back when I used to teach preschool, I heard lots of funny things!

One day I asked the children in my class what they thought snow was made from. One little blond boy, Brennan, raised his hand and answered, "God makes snow out of milk!"

I just thought that was so cute and funny, :)

Lynniesmom
09-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Just yesterday, my DD was questioning what a word meant, and I told her to go look it up in the dictionary. (we recently got a desk reference set, and she had yet to use it) She looked up her word, and was looking at the cover a minute later, and looks at me, as serious as could be, and says, "Mom, Webster must be one SMART man!". I ask her why, and her reply was, "Mom, he wrote the whole dictionary!! "

DBackFan
09-09-2004, 08:53 AM
When my son was about 4 yrs old he answered a knock on the door. I had just stepped into the bathroom that is close to that front door. I hear a man say "Hi little one is your Mommy home?" His reply? "Yes but shes in the bathroom and she takes a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG Time. :eek:

I almost was too embarrased to even come out..lol

CHERNL
09-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Casey was watching Kratts Creatures one day, and when it was over she asked us if we knew what 'supreme mammals' were, and then proceeded to tell us about dolphins and whales. We explained that they were 'marine mammals', and that a supreme mammal must have sour cream and tomatoes on it (like a Taco Supreme from Taco Bell). So the next day she draws a pic of a dolphin with tomato chunks on his back and a sour cream hat! I about died laughing.

Elijah'sMommy
09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Our twins are 25 months, and I always cradle them in my arms and say "Are you my baby" Well, now that they are starting to talk somewhat, I asked Marcus "Are you my baby?" And he said (as clearly as a 2 year old can say) "I'm not a baby! I'm me!"

Edited to add:

Just rememeber something Elijah (who's 6) said a few nights ago...he told me he wanted to grow up and get married quickly so he could have his own dog! I explained to him that he didn't have to married to get a dog.

DaLilPeachy
09-09-2004, 03:27 PM
This is kind of gross but Alexis (6) confused (I have NO idea why) menstruation with diarrhea. I didn't realize it until she was sick one day a few months ago and I said something like "oh no you have diarrhea" she got all excited and with glee in her voice she's all " I"M GROWING UP!!!"
it took me a really long time to figure out what she meant. She thought she got her period!

tracyb
09-09-2004, 04:10 PM
:p My daughter ,at the age of about 3,had went with us to my husbands aunt visitation at the funeral home and she was SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO
excited, because we tell her that when somebody we know pass away they go to be with GOD, she says goody I get to see GOD and boy was that one really cute even though she got upset because she didnt get to see
GOD :cool:

AScudder
09-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Since the recent out break of Hurricanes down here, my 4 year old son has, of course, been through them both with us. We have the T.V. on so we can see damage to other places and updates, blah, blah. Well, today I was explaining about Ivan and that we will probably leave. He says "we have to take this with us" and runs away. He returns with a fake microphone and begins interviewing me about the storm and what kind of damage my house "betained" (sustained). "And what about all this water and floods?" I tried not to laugh because he was so cute and this is his way of dealing with it.:)

Angel Lips
09-09-2004, 06:11 PM
I enjoy reading this thread and seeing what everyone's children say...soo cute

Blackberry
09-09-2004, 07:01 PM
When my son was little he HATED getting his hair cut. We used to take him to the barber shop on base & sit & wait with all of the solidgers waiting their turn. Well this one time Brian was about 3 and I took him & he absolutly screamed his head off the entire time the guy was cutting his hair; I was mortified. Then when he was finished my son climbes down off of the chair, takes a deep breath and says "That wasn't so bad." I tell you I've never seen so many men laugh so hard in my life :rolleyes:

dangitall
09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
My grand is 4 and when his mom found out she was pregnant with twins he said one was enough. Take the other one back

babygirl_8
09-09-2004, 11:54 PM
My boyfriend Jared's little sister (shes 8) lost a stuffed animal she had won while we were at the fair. She went with her mom to look for it and she was pouting. When her mom said it was okay that she could get another she said, "thats not it, I just know Jared is going to say, (she made her voice real deep and screwed up her face) 'you should take better care of your stuff" When she came back and he DID say that she says to him..."Your so perdicable"

Edited to add

Jareds sis (from above story) has a twin bother, he tries to be a smarty like his big brother so when Jared and a friend started calling another friend Jimmy in a two-piece (cause she is a very large girl and insists on wearing a bikini) his little bro picked it up too. Well when the little bro saw this friend he goes up to her and to the tune of "Drift Away" sings this... "Jimmy in a two-piece save my soul, I wanna get lost in your fat roll, and slip away"...everyone busted out laughing...course his mom was mad and made him apologize, but we got a kick out of his song!

Angel Lips
09-10-2004, 06:16 AM
lol