PDA

View Full Version : i hate the people i ride horses with!!

joesbaby
09-07-2004, 06:16 AM
i am so angry right now. i went riding with my sil, bil and a friend yesterday. these are the same people i loaned my horse to last month. as most of you know..i have a 7 yo appolusa gelding named pistol. he is my baby and i would never hurt him. i ride with the horse who lives at my moms. wich is my nepew zacks horse..his mom is my sil. zacks horse is sonny. and the friend rode sonny yesterday. i love sonny and pistol both. i take care of them, and brush them, play with them..all of it..every day. sonny is a good horse. bigger than pistol and only 4 yrs old. my nephew broke this horse to how he wanted him.

first they ran this horse, who zack and i never run. we may gallop..but we dont run them. then when i had to go down hills, my horse ran. pistol dont run down hills. he walks and is careful. someone ran my horse down hills, up hills, and across feilds and now he thinks thats how hes suposed to run. i am bruised to no end, i look like ive been beaten..thats how bad the ride was. pistol actully ran off with me, and i couldnt make him stop.i was in tears after this ride, and they called me baby and other names. the worst part tho, was when a big tree, the size of a car, and as tall as the cars hood, was laying to the side..when sonny wouldnt jump it...it came to his chest, jeremy beat this horse with the leather reighns. hard. and he is cut now from jeremy making him run and jump that tree 2 times. he hit him alot. i dont know how many. but he told me to make pistol do it too and when i refused he said to get down, hed make pistol do it. i told him he touched my horse and beat him the way that he just beat sonny, he wasnt walking out of that trail. theyd come get him in a body bag. im so angry adn upset. all i knw for sure is i wont loan my horse out anymore. and im wanting to tell zack about sonny. i have to go out later and tend to his wounds, to be sure he dont get worse on his cuts and to put meds on it to keep the infection down. i cant belive that someone i trusted like that to take care of my horse..and who know im not as good a rider as they are..would do that. expecally family..and if they are treating sonny this way. wehn im there..how are they treating him and pistol when im not?? ok i understand hes not theier horse..and may be im over reacting..but its MY horse..i can decide who rides..and who dont. and i dotn want anyone else beyond me joe or zack to ride him anymore. im so mad..i cant even talk right now. im gonna go and come back in a bit.

you all have a good day ill be back in a bit.
ericka

amysusi
09-07-2004, 08:24 AM
That just sounds like animal cruelty to me. I would tell these "friends" that they will be reported to the authorities for animal cruelty. Take pictures of the the injuries.

janelle
09-07-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree with Amysusi. Also send them the bill for treating the wounds. These people should not be around horses or any other animal the way they treat them. Hope you can help your horse to trust people again and go back to the way you want to ride him.

belle5691
09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Im so sorry, ricci.....I know how you feel about the horses. Im sorry you have to deal with this right now. (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

Donna