PDA

View Full Version : Way to close to home on this one

suziebee20
09-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Man Beaten In Santee Park

1 hour, 47 minutes ago Add Local - KGTV TheSanDiegoChannel.com to My Yahoo!

A man was hospitalized with severe face injuries after being beaten by four men in a park in Santee Sunday, a sheriff's sergeant said.

Officers went to Woodglen Vista Park in the 10200 block of Woodglen Vista Drive near Woodrose Avenue at 4:20 p.m., where numerous witnesses said the man did nothing to provoke the attack, said San Diego Sheriff's Sgt. Tom Poulin.

The victim, described only as a male resident of Santee, was taken to a nearby hospital with a broken nose and trauma to an eye socket, Poulin said.

The suspects, four males between 18 and 22 years old, were being sought, he said.

-------------------------------------
Okay, I live maybe 2 minutes away from this park and walk through there twice a day because the bus stop is there!! The park isn't too bit but it has a playground, skate park, baseball field, large grass areas for soccer games, basketball courts. There is a gate that surrounds half of the park- the part that is connected to the conominium complex I live in. The gate is locked every night and opened every morning. They were talking about doing away with the gate because people get wire cutters and cut big holes in it so they can come through at night. Now it kind of scares me to walk through there tomorrow to go to school. :(

buglebe
09-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Hopefully, it was just a one time incident. Bad things can happen in the best neighborhoods. Just be careful and always be aware of your surroundings, watch who is around you. Good luck.

laughsalot
09-07-2004, 07:00 PM
That is horrible! That makes my heart hurt. I hope the man is going to be ok. Be careful when you are walking, now I am gonna be worried about you! Im sure its like buglebe said that its a one time kind of thing. Hugs and stay safe!