PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for me & my family

dena_darling
09-06-2004, 01:26 PM
We have had 3 deaths in our family in the past week and a half. My uncle died, four days later my grandmother died, and several days later my aunt died. I was extremely close to my grandmother and aunt. So this is really getting to me. My aunts funeral was out of state and I really wanted to go to it. (All of my relatives were going). My boss was really sweet and got someone to cover for me for 2 days so I could go. I had to borrow money for the plane ticket. I wanted my hubby to go but did not want him to have to miss a lot of work. But I needed him to take one day off to watch our children. (The other day they would be in school). His manager had a fit about it and was not going to let him take the day off. According to her it was my problem not hers. So I called the owner of the store and he had no problem with letting dh off. He said they can get someone from one of the other stores to cover for him. Well his manager got ticked off and cussed me out about it. Now she is trying to get dh fired or make him quit work. He is an assistant manager and is a mechanic. Well she refuses to speak to him and does not give him any work to do. So his paychecks are less than $100 a week now. The owner said it is her decision. I told dh just to hang on, don't let her make you quit. If she fires him, he should be able to get unemployment. But it is aggravating cause he really likes this job and would even go work on his days off. Then someone ran a redlight and totals my car. His insurance is taking their time to see whose fault it is. Even though I have a police report saying it is the other guys. My insurance can't do anything until his decides what they are going to do. So i was having to hitch a ride to work and find a way home for me and to get the kids from school. I am so stressed out. I'm crying all the time. I finally get a rental car but I have to pay insurance for it. Not sure why And I'm broke with no food in the house cause of paying for the rental insurance and having to pay back the loan for the funeral trip. I feel like i'm going to have a nervous breakdown but can't afford to do that cause i would not have anyone to watch the kids. Just pray for me that things will get better.

MamaFairal
09-06-2004, 01:30 PM
{{dena_darling}}

Angel Lips
09-06-2004, 03:03 PM
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) sending you and ur family prayers

jonette5
09-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Sending (((((BIG HUGS))))) and prayers to you and your family.

queenangie
09-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Prayers to Jesus for you, dear!

Hope it gets better really soon.
You should not have to be paying insurance on the rental.....I agree w/ that one.

andreame70
09-06-2004, 05:47 PM
I am sorry for all the things you are going through. One thing I know for sure is that you should not be responsible for that rental car insurance. My best friend just had an accident which was not her fault. The other guys insurance company pulled the same crap and the rental car people were trying to charge her for the insurance on the rental. I got her in touch with a good attorney here in town and all of a sudden, all the stupid stuff stopped. The insurance company started bending over backwards to get her claim taken care of and she received all of her money back from the "rental insurance" she had already paid. Don't let them push you around. Most people have no idea what their rights are without getting an attorney, and most insurance companies bank on the fact that you won't get one, so they can push you around. Tell them NO and protect yourself. I am not saying that you should try to sue for a million, when you are clearly not disabled from the accident, I just think you would be better served to find you an attorney that will take it on a contingency basis, to make sure that your rights are protected.

Also, on the issue of your husband's work...are they not working him as many hours or what? I am trying to understand why he is only able to make $100 a week. If they have cut his hours down to 24 or lower a week, then according to the federal government, he automatically qualifies for unemployment. All he would need to do is go in and file a claim at the office, explaining that they are not working him the regular 40 hours that he was accustomed to and that his hours have been cut to below 24 a week. Tell him to go into the break room at work or where ever the federal poster is hung that lists the laws governing wages and hours, etc. Get him to read the section governing unemployment and he will see it for himself.

Good luck!

Andrea

tsquared
09-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Sending hugs and prayers your way that your future will begin to look up.