PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for raises at work

belle5691
09-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Just kinda curious if many places do this. When it is time for an employees review we are handed out papers with about 40 or so questions on them and then 2 fill in the blank questions on the employee about what we think about them. Well, in the past it was not the practice to show the employee being reviewed these pages (yes, our names are on them). Well, the new office manager takes the papers to the review and lays them out in front of the employee so she can see exactly what was said and by whom. Thank goodness I didnt say anything bad about the employee that just had the review! :eek:

faygokraze
09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
OH my thats asking for violence in the workplace!!!

kama5207
09-06-2004, 12:40 AM
both the practice of subjective reviews and the showing them to the person being reviewed is barbaric. if it's not a standard form where facts can be collected...ie...a]days late b]days absent...with drs note..without drs note... and stuff like that i wouldn't give 2 cents for someone's "opinion"

there are too many character conflicts in the workplace, that unless it effects someone's job peformance, shouldn't even be considered. too much room for favoritism/petty vents.

showng off anyones name that is signed to these "opinion" sheets can counteract the intent of these evaluations .

you mentioned : "thanks god i didn't say anything bad..." anything "bad" shouldn't even be a considerastion on something like that. facts can't be disputed and are an honest reflection... where no one...either the reviewer or the person being reviewed could feel "bad".know what i mean ?

justme23
09-06-2004, 03:28 AM
I think I'd take this over her head... she should be smart enough to atleast omit the name of the person who filled out the form... she's just asking for trouble!

DivineMsDi
09-06-2004, 05:45 AM
I don't know..... :mad: My husband's company has not give ANYONE a raise in 3 years....

The last loser company I worked for gave 3% raises across the board whether you busted your butt or stared into space. That's encouragement for you!

belle5691
09-06-2004, 07:58 AM
These are questions like how well do you think the employee interacts with the patients, and how well do you think the employee interacts with other employees, and how well do they communicate with others, stuff like that. And as for the raise...yeah, to be honest, they are laughable if you ever see one, but thats the justification they use for asking us to fill these papers out.

nightrider127
09-06-2004, 10:44 AM
OH my thats asking for violence in the workplace!!!

ITA.

They keep saying that we are going to get merit raises where I work but they have never did it.

I don't go along with merit raises. I know that it's hard to see dead heading employees get the same raise at you do. But I feel that some companies would us that merit raise stuff just to get out of giving anyone a raise. I mean, what's to stop them from saying you didn't do this or you didn't do that and use that as an excuse not to give you anything at all

schsa
09-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I do my own review and then my boss and I get together and talk about it. I keep a list of accomplishment for the year on myself and my employees including letters of praise and a list of any gifts that they might have received from our clients (yes we get loads of food from our clients which we generally share with everyone in the office (except the beer)). So when I review I have notes of times, dates, ect to include in a review. If someone sends a negative letter I include that as well. Generally speaking the good outweighs the bad.

It makes it easier to justify everything that you say about someone. I do it for myself because I do my own review and if my boss says anything I can support what I have written.

My raises have been between 5% and 10% of my total salary since I started.