PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: My dog

mjlewis23
09-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I took my dog to the vet today. Turns out she has lymphatic carcinoma (I think that's what it's called), which is cancer in her lymph nodes. She has 3-8 weeks to live. Apparently, this type of cancer is genetic, and there was nothing we could do to prevent it and there is no real way to treat it. So, I took her home and we have her on cortizone pills to shrink the lymph nodes a little and increase her appetite. It's simply to keep her comfortable and maybe buy her a couple weeks at most. This is not the kind of news I wanted to hear. She was feeling and looking great up until about 2 weeks ago. now you can actually feel the tumors. The vet said that this is a particularly fast moving cancer. She also said that she was amazed by my dog's upbeat attitude. I am thankful that we did get 10 years with her, and that we were blessed to have such a good dog in our life. I am also grateful that I don't have to make a decision whether to spend a ton of money treating her (because I would spend every dime I had), or just let her go. It looks like we have no options but to love her for the next couple weeks and then let her go be with the Lord. I know she'll be in a better place, but it really hurts so much. I've been crying since 5:00 when we found out. I'm really going to miss her. She has literally been a perfect angel since we got her, not one person has ever disliked her.

Ok, enough of my moping,
Thanks for letting me vent/talk this out, and thank you to everyone who said a prayer,
Michelle

Angel Lips
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM
aww hun im sorry ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

janelle
09-02-2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.petloss.com/

I'm so sorry. This site may help you. You can even make a tribute for your pet on here. Post to others who understand and have lost a beloved pet.

I know she had a good life with you. :(

YankeeMary
09-03-2004, 05:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear this about your doggie. I know what you are going through and I know there isn't anything to say to make it better. I pray that you and your family find some type of comfort.

nightrider127
09-03-2004, 07:40 AM
I am so sorry for what you are going through. We lost our beloved "Dingo" last Saturday night, 5 months to the day after I lost my Daddy.

One day, we'll go to the Rainbow Bridge where they will both be waiting for us.

ang in NC
09-04-2004, 12:33 PM
So sorry, remember the Lord promises that we will have the desires of our heart in heaven.

jesus is free
09-04-2004, 07:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear this bad news. I know how much I love and what a comfort my doggie is to me so I would be crying my eyes out also. I pray the lord will bring you peace to your heart over this and comfort to your dog.