PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping...

YankeeMary
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Reading another thread here I noticed that not everyone runs to the grocery store everytime they need/want something...so the question is...

How often do you go to the grocery store?

socks1211
09-02-2004, 02:22 PM
i go once a week and that is on a thursday

Momof2totsand1teen
09-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I go about 1-2 times a month. We get milk delivered to our house every Monday. I can also have the delivery guy leave eggs, cheese, juice, cookie dough... if I want. We go out to eat almost every night, so all we really ever need from the grocery store is diet coke, pepsi and snacks.

queenangie
09-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Since May, 2004, when I started my 'grocery stock pile and coupon' game,
my cupboards are full, as well as 5 shelving units in the garage.

I always go when Kroger's does Double $1 coupons, which is once a month.

We do run out of milk, bread and have to get those more often.

THEpouty1
09-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I usually do my 'stocking up shopping' once a month, but I'll run to the store 1-2x week for other little things (usually milk - we go through that stuff so very fast). It used to be more often (My husband will go quite often because I can never get enough Coke stocked up for him :rolleyes: :p )

tracyb
09-02-2004, 02:59 PM
just wondering when Krogers does the $1 thing wonder if it is all krogers. we go on saturday because you have to drive an hour to get to any good stores that you can afford to do shopping in

dcut4
09-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I do major shopping about once a week -10 days and run for a few things here and there about every other day. I am in the strange minority that loves to grocery shop.

kelly12569
09-02-2004, 03:05 PM
I swear I am at the store almost every blessed day! no kidding, wish I was kidding. I remember it being that way when I was a child too. Seeing my dad run to the store for milk, or toilet paper, etc as needed. I told myself "when I grow up I will go to the store and get what I need once a week"

well.... that thought was soon shot to hell when I grew up LOL :eek:

tracyb
09-02-2004, 03:12 PM
I do major shopping about once a week -10 days and run for a few things here and there about every other day. I am in the strange minority that loves to grocery shop.
itoo love to grocery shop love it love it

ocvachick
09-02-2004, 03:16 PM
once or twice a week here.....

hilde
09-02-2004, 03:18 PM
LOL ...I'm there daily. I work in one :)

MamaFairal
09-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Major grocery shop once a month and go back if i need pepsi or milk..bread i hit the Hostess bread store around the corner from me.

I hate grocery shopping and crowded stores and edgy people so i try to stock pile it on a monthly trip.

Angel Lips
09-02-2004, 03:26 PM
my mom does the grocery shopping maybe 2 times a month

VenusA423
09-02-2004, 03:38 PM
I do my big grocery shopping every couple weeks around payday. Other than that, maybe once during the week for stuff I see on sale in Wed. ads. or if we run out of milk or something else that I didn't notice needing replacement before the big shopping.

queenangie
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
just wondering when Krogers does the $1 thing wonder if it is all krogers. we go on saturday because you have to drive an hour to get to any good stores that you can afford to do shopping in

It is usually once a month that Kroger's does the $1 double coupon. Go to www.krogers.com and select your closest stores and their sale flyers. I check it once or twice a week for sale items. Your sale flyer will state when they double or triple.
HTH!

tracyb
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
thanks my luck my store doesnt do that.....crossing fingers that they do!!!!!!!

LilVlyRed
09-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I go every Sunday without fail. First I hit the 99o cent store and stock up on canned and boxed items, and bathroom items. Then on the grocery store for everything else. I enjoy it, I take noone with me - for me it's a great way to get some alone time.

mimi37
09-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I go just about every day. Lately we've been grabbing fast food more than usual. So I haven't gone as much lately. I used to buy a lot of stuff at once and fill the fridge and freezer. But with 3 teenagers in the house, they think that all food that comes into the house must be eaten in one day. So if I was to do a lot of shopping at once, it would all be gone before I know it.

YankeeMary
09-02-2004, 08:51 PM
I go just about every day. Lately we've been grabbing fast food more than usual. So I haven't gone as much lately. I used to buy a lot of stuff at once and fill the fridge and freezer. But with 3 teenagers in the house, they think that all food that comes into the house must be eaten in one day. So if I was to do a lot of shopping at once, it would all be gone before I know it.

I am glad you posted...I am just like you...I am forever going in the grocery store..its true the more you buy the more they eat and the faster they eat it..lol...especially quick foods like pizza rolls and pop tarts.

Airbuswife
09-02-2004, 08:59 PM
I go about 1-2 times a month. We get milk delivered to our house every Monday. I can also have the delivery guy leave eggs, cheese, juice, cookie dough... if I want. We go out to eat almost every night, so all we really ever need from the grocery store is diet coke, pepsi and snacks.

Are you sure you're not my sister??? ;) She doesnt cook, yet she's worked for the same grocery store for about 25 years now! They go out to eat every night, and its actually a *treat* when she does try to cook! Me personally, I go about once a week for "make up" groceries like milk, bread, cheese. (I have 38 chickens, so i get about 5 dozen eggs a week :rolleyes: ) But i get my REAL groceries about once every two months. :)

YankeeMary
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Are you sure you're not my sister??? ;) She doesnt cook, yet she's worked for the same grocery store for about 25 years now! They go out to eat every night, and its actually a *treat* when she does try to cook! Me personally, I go about once a week for "make up" groceries like milk, bread, cheese. (I have 38 chickens, so i get about 5 dozen eggs a week :rolleyes: ) But i get my REAL groceries about once every two months. :)

WOW once every 2 months???? Oh how I wish I were you.

Lora_1994
09-03-2004, 05:29 AM
I go grocery shopping everyother Saturday. then if we need milk or something I'll stop in at the store when I go into town. Otherwise I avoid the stores like the plague. :-)

bribella
09-03-2004, 07:07 AM
I usually do my big grocery shopping trip on saturdays but I go to the store every other day to get things like milk, bread and deli meat for DH's lunch. I also LOVE to go grocery shopping.

Countrymom
09-03-2004, 07:29 AM
I live out in the country so I have to travel 30-45 minutes to do my grocery shopping. And I also hate grocery shopping so I usually go twice in a month. I buy in bulk when I do go. If I run out of milk or bread we go to the little local station/store to pick those things up.

I wanted to add that I have a chest freezer and a refrigerater in my basement that I keep extras in. ;)

Angelseyes28
09-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I go on Friday mornings after I drop the kids off at school.

YankeeMary
09-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I live out in the country so I have to travel 30-45 minutes to do my grocery shopping. And I also hate grocery shopping so I usually go twice in a month. I buy in bulk when I do go. If I run out of milk or bread we go to the little local station/store to pick those things up.

I wanted to add that I have a chest freezer and a refrigerater in my basement that I keep extras in. ;)

I am also jealous of you...twicw a month...how nice.

cpbaby
09-04-2004, 12:27 PM
NORMALLY I go on Saturdays and on Tuesdays, BUT here lately its been more often. I just cant seem to manage to think enough in the store to get what I need.

kkfrench
09-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I go every Thursday and I'm back on Sunday for milk.

Willow
09-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Major grocery shop once a month and go back if i need pepsi or milk..bread i hit the Hostess bread store around the corner from me.

I hate grocery shopping and crowded stores and edgy people so i try to stock pile it on a monthly trip.

That's what I try to do because I hate grocery shopping. I wouldn't mind it so much if I could be the only one in the store at the time. lol We do run out of milk and things like that so sometimes I half to go to the store a couple of times a week but it's just to pick up a few things.

kriskay
09-04-2004, 02:53 PM
I usually go once a week then pick up milk at Walmart a couple more times during the week. It should slow down now that the kids are in school. They feed them free breakfast at school and then they have lunch at school too. It makes life much easier only having to cook once a day!!!!

schsa
09-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I do a major shopping once every two weeks. In between I do minor quicky shopping for fresh foods. That is mainly bread and fruit and veggies.

YankeeMary
09-04-2004, 07:08 PM
I wish I could just have all my groceries delivered, that would be wonderful.