PDA

View Full Version : My sons bike was stolen AGAIN!!!!!!!

Tasha405
09-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Can you believe this crap?? This is the second time in what a month or two?? I am soooooooo mad right now. :mad:

The thing that really bothers me about this is.... WE WERE HOME WHEN THEY TOOK IT!!!!!!!! My son rode it this morning and parked it at the garage doors doors. He was in the house for 2 or 3 hours and went back out and its gone! Grrrrrr!!!! :mad:

JKATHERINE
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you again! Sounds like it might be time to either buy a bike lock or for your son to lock it up in the garage when he's not using it. Unfortunate as it is, that's just life now... :(

YankeeMary
09-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Do you have home owners insurance? They will cover it and won't raise your rates (at least ours won't). I really hate that someone did this. Such a shame and the worse part was that it was basically in the garage.

Tasha405
09-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you again! Sounds like it might be time to either buy a bike lock or for your son to lock it up in the garage when he's not using it. Unfortunate as it is, that's just life now... :(
We've been making him lock it up in the garage but during the day he usually leaves it out so he can ride it and then puts it up in the evenings. He probably would have been out riding it but when he came back in this morning (afternoon really) I made him come and eat lunch and then clean up his room. Ugh.

Tasha405
09-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Do you have home owners insurance? They will cover it and won't raise your rates (at least ours won't). I really hate that someone did this. Such a shame and the worse part was that it was basically in the garage.
We have renters insurance, would that cover it?

I just called and told DH and boy he is MAD!! Chris went to go look for his bike, hopefully he can find it.

Angel Lips
09-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Im sorry this happened again. (((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

pae1968
09-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I know how you feel, we found my sons bike 2 miles away, at his friends house, spray painted all black. Word got around to where it was. The friends parents felt bad, so they bought him a new bike. Which the hubby was kinda mad since it wasn't the parents problem. But I had other feelings about it, cuz it was their son that took it, and if it had been our son that had stolen the bike and did that, we would have been forking out the money for a new one for some other kid. Hope you find it.

YankeeMary
09-02-2004, 01:51 PM
We have renters insurance, would that cover it?

I just called and told DH and boy he is MAD!! Chris went to go look for his bike, hopefully he can find it.

Yes renters insurance is basically the same thing and yes it will cover it. When Iwas growing up, we lived in apartments, my mom carried renters insureance, my brothers bike got stolen and she turned it in, they replaced it. Call the police and report it, you will need a police report for your insurance company I am sure. Good Luck, maybe he will find it.

rlynn411
09-02-2004, 02:13 PM
My son's bike was stolen once.....but mom hunted it down and got it back to him. I detest kids that steal from others. I"ve often wondered when these kids turn up with new bikes and etc why their parents don't question where they come in to these things at.

The kid that stole my DS bike told the Police offficer I drug with me when I located the bike that he found it and talked to another officer who said nope, no reports on it..... just keep it. Yeah right, I can just about see a cop telling a kid keep it.... this bike was reported stolen within minutes of it happening, was registered with the police dept....just wanted to smack the little liar for having the nerve to say it! I so wanted to file charges against the little snot but had to give up that option since when we seen the bike (I think the kid noticed us)he moved it into their garage...... and even though we we're 99.9% sure that it was his bike, the owners of the home did not have to open the garage door for the police to verify if it was my DS bike so the police department siggested they approach with the let us look and if its theirs they won't charge you with theft attitude

Hope your son recovers his bike, think I would buy him a lock and lock it up even when its in your own yard. Is that sad or what to have to lock things up on your own property. Depending on the cost of the bike it may not be worth it to file on your insurance depending on deductable.

iluvmybaby
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
We had a dark van going around in our town with a trailor in back ripping off whatever wasnt nailed down, BBQ's, bikes, TRICYCLES no limits bold as brass out in the day light. My little bro parks his bike beside our dog, god help anyone that touches that bike the dog would tear them a new butthole. I can not stand two type of people, liars and theieves

Angelseyes28
09-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Awwww Tash I'm sorry:( {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Tasha405
09-03-2004, 05:28 AM
Thanks everyone. We drove down all of the streets around here yesterday but never seen it. Its hard to tell where it is or what they have done to it by now. :(

The bike is about 3 years old and my son has been pretty rough with it so I don't know why they would even want it. lol

Oh well, hopefully it will show up soon.

kelly12569
09-03-2004, 05:46 AM
MAN Tasha what is it with stolen bikes this year???? You know Ive griped about having a few stolen about the same time your first one too. Im soo sorry this happened again. Makes me so damn angry. Its gotten to the point where I tell my kids to LOCK it in the garage if they just need to come in and PEE ! Sad.... and we used to have such a nice neighborhood. A few weeks ago someone broke into (literally broke) my neighbors fence. We think they were trying to get into her shed because her husband passed away and they have all of his high dollar tools out there right now. Who ever it was we think got scared off by their dog because they came back the next night and POISONED THEIR DOG! Im so glad our dogs stay in at night. The things ppl will do to steal :( 3 yrs old and rough or not I really hope you can find it. It adds up having to buy new bikes every year because of children who need to go visit a good detention center for a while :mad:

iluvmybaby
09-05-2004, 11:06 AM
POISONED THEIR DOG!

PPL make me so sick sometimes, I can not believe anyone would be that evil to steal a bike, what can you get reselling the common bike, like $20 unless it is a "pure bred" :o
Almost makes you wish they would chop of the persons hand if they were caught stealing, but in this day and age it wouldnt bother SOME ppl

msmom79
09-05-2004, 01:59 PM
im so sorry this has happened to your son agian. i so hope it (bike),shows up soon and no matter what ,if it does press charges on the one who has it,this is the only way people are gonna learn.i have just learnt this lesson with my car,by golly the next time it happens to me ,im pressing charges!! good luck to you and your son.{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

mesue
09-05-2004, 11:05 PM
This may not help but in the future try and scratch a number or letter or something under the seat on the metal part so that even if they paint it they generally miss that area and you can identify it if necessary, a friend did this after several of theirs got stolen and the court would not return them to them becuse the person continually said they belonged to them, they even went to court but with no way of proving the bike is yours and no witness seeing it get stolen the judge left the bike with the thief because his Mom said she bought it for him, after that, my friend scratched the letter A on the bottom of the seat she pulled back the leather and scratched the letter on there deep. The next time it happened she pressed charges and got the bike back because the police was able to find her mark on there.

Tasha405
09-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Thanks everyone. We never found his bike. :( It wasn't the greatest looking bike but it was the best to him. He has all of his friends on the look out for it and hopefully someone will find it. If not, I guess I'll be getting another one for him. The next one will be put in the garage every time he goes in the house for any reason what so ever or I will take it from him. I can't afford to go buy new bikes every month. lol