PDA

View Full Version : Trading Spouses/meet your new daddy

DivineMsDi
09-01-2004, 04:07 AM
This was so darn painful I could only manage half of it....the NY guy was so gross and whiny (yes, we all live in penthouses with pools, a gym and eat at Tavern on the Green....) and the Georgia guy was so "GOLLLEEEE" at every thing.

Sterotypes....it is a stupid concept. How formulated is this program?

Anthill
09-01-2004, 07:13 AM
I caught the last 5 minutes of the show, and missed the part on how they spent the money???? If anyone knows please share. Thanks

ant

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 11:52 AM
I missed it too.

FreeBnutt
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
For the Cooke family (GA) to pay bills and renovate the house.

For the Levine family (NY) 10,000 for cooking lessons, 30,000 for beach house, and didn't quite hear what the other 10,000 was for.

No comment on the 'sterotypes' but I was put back a little on how the southern guy was treated by his family and he took the abuse, and thinks nothing of it. IF that is part of the sterotype down there, ya'll can keep it!!!

MamaFairal
09-01-2004, 04:03 PM
No comment on the 'sterotypes' but I was put back a little on how the southern guy was treated by his family and he took the abuse, and thinks nothing of it. IF that is part of the sterotype down there, ya'll can keep it!!!

OMG i could not believe how the Ga guys wife didnt even say goodbye to him or jump for joy when he came home...............get rid of her dude and move to the big city :)

Anthill
09-01-2004, 06:37 PM
I saw how when he came home she didn't even get up. She kept stretching her legs, and holding on to her child, as if she didn't want her/him to get up either. And I thought it was odd, because in the confession he was saying how he missed his family etc. AND then he comes home to that??? What could he possibly be missing??? His animals??

Surfergal
09-03-2004, 05:31 AM
and those ga kids- what brats! we really need education for some parents. unbeleivable. amazing how the lawyer was so nice in his note. Their lives were worlds apart. Brandy was mean at the dinner thing. wonder if the NY couple will sue the show. she was so mad. The Ga guy Jay specified "togetherness" counseling ?? what did he know. $10,000 for cooking lessons was quite naive. did the Ga guy Jay know nothing about money, or did he just think with their million dollar homes, that would be an appropriate amount for cooking lessons for that income bracket

melsh
09-03-2004, 07:52 AM
OMG i could not believe how the Ga guys wife didnt even say goodbye to him or jump for joy when he came home...............get rid of her dude and move to the big city :)

I agree! He seemed so nice, imagine how he felt when he watched the show & saw how happy the other guys family was to see him. :(

1tiredmom
09-03-2004, 04:06 PM
i missed it!i watched the trading moms -that one was a doozy--i hope they rerun it-i was getting ready to look in the guide for when it was coming on

Shann
09-07-2004, 03:31 AM
holy cow! i was absolutely shocked at how the GA kids acted. And how the mother did absolutely nothing! And OMG let's not even go to Brandi! I would be so dissapointed if I were leaving and she didn't get up and say goodbye and told me that she didn't want me to come back and then when I arrive just sit on her lazy butt! And the way she was at dinner! I am a picky eater, but I would have NEVER acted like that.... just b/c it's different doesn't make it bad! (and although i'm picky, i love to try new food!) It reminds me of an ex's parents... they are from a small town too, but if it's anything out of the norm for them (i.e. meat and potatos) they want no part in it... Geesh what kind of life is that! I do agree that the GA fam got the better end of the $50,000 than the NY. But the mother in NY.. thank goodness she isn't my mother.. she puts way too much pressure on her kids and she's a neat freak! she'd kill me if she saw me being a pig! ;)

freebielover
09-07-2004, 07:32 AM
I loved this episode, I thought it was so funny. The NY kids were really nice, but the GA kids were horrible! I would kill those brats! The NY mother freaking out over the money was pretty funny to watch. I think the whole twist is just for TV, I'm sure they just hand them the money when it's done. What does Fox do, stand over them & make SURE they spend the money how they're supposed to? I wonder...

joesbaby
09-09-2004, 08:27 AM
joe went to wisconsin for 3 days in may. not only did i drop him off and cry when i was hugging him good bye, he took our cell phone and called me on the road. AND from the hotel. plus when he got home, i was so happy to see him i almost knocked him over in our drive way. i cant imagine not wanting to hold your spouse when they have been gone, even if its only for a day. but thats me..i think that brandi was just being a spoiled little....well you get the idea.

ericka

KManiac
03-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay, okay. I'll admit to watching this show once in a millenium. It amazes me how utterly inept and ignorant some parents are...