PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question - What Could This Be??

Tasha405
08-31-2004, 08:44 PM
My stomach has been bothering me since yesterday afternoon. It feels very tender and sore. Like if I sit with one leg up in the chair it hurts. If I pick up the baby and she pushes on me, it hurts. Sometimes just normal sitting or walking hurts too. If I push in on that area it hurts pretty bad. :( I'm hurting like right in the middle and to the right side of the upper most part of my stomach. I mean, like where my ribs are, right under my right breast. What could this be? What organ is there? lol

DH said that maybe the doctor didn't remove my gallbladder and thats whats hurting but the doctor said he did, so I don't know.

I was told about a year ago that I has a small hital hurnia(sp?), could that be hurting me like that and making me feel so sensitive and sore in that area?

Please help if you can. Thanks.

GAWildKat
08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Tasha,
Read this on GERD/Reflux and see if this fits you. If not call the doc and talk to them.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gerd/index.htm

kelly12569
08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
I was told about a year ago that I has a small hital hurnia(sp?), could that be hurting me like that and making me feel so sensitive and sore in that area?

Please help if you can. Thanks.

hmmm my mom has one and she says she has pain there too.... my guess was going to be gall bladder but since thats gone :confused: get to a dr. hun ! ;)

tracyb
09-01-2004, 05:01 AM
:( you might be starting to have trouble with your overies. i started haveing trouble with mine one year after i had my first baby 8 years ago,now 2 weeks before that time of the month i have some awful pain which they call ovulation, but i tell you what it is so pain full you have to watch how you move,sit, or anything, they say this is the time to become pregnant but there is noway you can do anything at that time.............you come near me and you will be picking ourself up off the floor..............my attitude during this time every month so you might keep track of it from now on and it usually last for 3 miserable dayshope this helps alittle.adn do you have appendix????if hurt reallly low on the right side might need it checked

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks everyone. I went to the doctor for stomach pains in the same area about 2 years ago and they done the stomach x-rays and I had to drink that barium. Well the nurse called and said they found nothing and I told her that something had to be there because I'm still having the same pains I were before I had my gallbladder removed and she said "Oh, well we did find a small hital hurnia but it doesn't look big enough to hurt you". Well gee thanks and when did you become part of me to know what will hurt me and what won't. Needless to say I never went back after that.

This is a different kind of pain although its in the same exact spot. It hurts deep inside, not like a muscle or anything. Its so tender and sensitive and its really starting to bother me. I hate going to the doctor but I know I'm going to have to go if this doesn't get any better. Its still hurting today. :( Its not a sharp pain but more like a dull sensitive/tender type of pain. In my mind I keep thinking "maybe something is swelled and something else is pushing against it". It just feels really odd and weird to me.

Quaker_Parrots
09-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Possibly pleurisy?:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/10/1680_54880.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

or it could be the hernia. Go to the Dr hun.

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 06:24 AM
I found this and this may be my problem....

Hiatal hernia (I was way off on the spelling :o )

Definition:
A condition in which a portion of the stomach protrudes upward into the chest through an opening in the diaphragm (the sheet of muscle used in breathing that separates the chest from the abdomen).

See, I kinda feel like something is swelled, maybe its the hernia??

Causes, incidence, and risk factors:
The cause is unknown, but hiatal hernias may be the result of a weakening of the supporting tissue. Increasing age, obesity, and smoking seem to be risk factors in adults.

Well thats just great. I'm overweight and smoke. :rolleyes:

Hiatal hernias are very common, especially in people over 50 years old. This condition can cause regurgitation of gastric acid from the stomach into the esophagus.

Well I'm not over 50 although I feel like I am at times. lol

Hmmm, I guess I need to start seeing a doctor and see what can be done or if this is even the case. :(

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Possibly pleurisy?:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/10/1680_54880.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

or it could be the hernia. Go to the Dr hun.Hmm... that could be the case too. My dad suffers from a hernia and pleurisy.

BigLyd1
09-01-2004, 06:35 AM
I just started a thread in V/W about tummy problems. I'm going to have to watch this thread also because you seem to have some of the same problems. I guess a hernia is a possibility. But when in doubt, I guess it's time to go to the doctor. I hate drinking that barium stuff though.

ang in NC
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
I say it is a hernia. I had 2 and I was the same way.

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I say it is a hernia. I had 2 and I was the same way.
Can I take medicine for it? Will I need surgery to be my old self again? lol