PDA

View Full Version : My DH bought me...

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
The Passion of Christ, tonight..we seen it at the movies but I just had to have it. Walmart was packed tonight and this movie was going very quickly.

ocvachick
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
i think im going to go try and find it this week end. i want to watch it alone though and that will be hard to do in this house.... but i feel like i dont want anyone peering over me while i see it.

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Good idea..it is very intense...Its the best/worst movie I have ever seen.

Sweetberries
08-31-2004, 06:40 PM
excellent movie :) :)

MsLynn
08-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Its just not a movie I want to see. i've gotten lots of grief over it, they act like i'm some kinda heathen non-believer because i don't wanna see it. i've read what happened and thats enough for me. i don't need to see someones version of it in living color.

I'm happy you got the movie you wanted and it wasn't sold out, i remember people around here trying to get OPEN RANGE. i was lucky and got it, but alot waited weeks trying to get it

CONGRATS

Angel Lips
08-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey mommy how good was it, Jon wants to rent it?

evrita
08-31-2004, 06:55 PM
this song is stuck in my head any one know who sings it

I KNOW YOU LIKE THINK YOUR POOP DONT STINK BUT ROSES REALLY SMELL LIKE POO POO ??

i WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE MOVIE BUT I WOULD HAVE TO WATCH IT AT WORK ONE NIGHT :D

evrita
08-31-2004, 06:57 PM
excellent movie :) :)
I am glad you liked the movie Sweetberries right? I love the new name :D

nanajoanie
08-31-2004, 07:09 PM

I KNOW YOU LIKE THINK YOUR POOP DONT STINK BUT ROSES REALLY SMELL LIKE POO POO ??

Outkast - Roses - love it.

nanajoanie
08-31-2004, 07:11 PM
Good idea..it is very intense...Its the best/worst movie I have ever seen.

My daughter and 2 of the grandkidlettes say it. They were 11 and 14 and the youth pastor xsaid it would be OK. They all liked it but said it was like reading the Bible stories.

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 07:15 PM
My daughter and 2 of the grandkidlettes say it. They were 11 and 14 and the youth pastor xsaid it would be OK. They all liked it but said it was like reading the Bible stories.

We took the boys to see it (they are 11 & 14). I think it alls in who you are and what you believe. For us it was a must see, and I don't regret the boys seeing it, but I wouldn't just recommend it for anyone. Its a personal preferance. And MsLynn I couldn't imagine calling you a bad name for any reason, you are just to sweet.

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 07:18 PM

Whats that mean??? Did I miss something?
Kinda neato that you are allowed to watch tv at work, bet it makes the night go by faster.

evrita
08-31-2004, 07:26 PM
I had the song stuck in my head thought good place to ask!!! Yes we have a Tv and VCR at work I usally only watch it when i work the 11-7 shift. One night I watched Gothika and the phone rang i jumped out of my skin

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 07:28 PM
I had the song stuck in my head thought good place to ask!!! Yes we have a Tv and VCR at work I usally only watch it when i work the 11-7 shift. One night I watched Gothika and the phone rang i jumped out of my skin

I have yet to see that movie it looks good but usually am home alone at night and have been to chicken to rent it...pretty sad. Is it good?

evrita
08-31-2004, 07:34 PM
ONE of the better movies I have seen this year but I like thrillers

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Me too...just not when I am alone. DH is off tomorrow, now I will have to go to blockbusters tomorrow and get that and watch it...thanks.

evrita
08-31-2004, 07:51 PM
Yw the only video I had to watch at work and hated was our HIPPA video lol

Gherky
08-31-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm a Christian but I am undecided on whether or not to rent it. Does it closely follow the events as told in the Bible?

YankeeMary
08-31-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm a Christian but I am undecided on whether or not to rent it. Does it closely follow the events as told in the Bible?

Yes I think it does a really great job (IMO) it truly is tramatic. Christian or not, believer or not, I think anyone that watches it would be upset that someone would treat anyone like that. Just be prepared, tissues, lots of tissues. And I would suggest renting it on a night that there will be no interuptions at all. The best word I can use to describe it is intense.

justme23
09-01-2004, 01:19 AM
We were at walmart when they put the display out Tuesday morning at 1201. We were the first ppl to get it and I'm glad we didn't have to wait for the crowd. We were there again tonight and the display was gone so I don't know if it sold out or not.