PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I have hi speed internet access??

joni1269
08-31-2004, 04:10 PM
LOOOOOONNNGGG - Sorry!

I live in a suburban area south of Dallas. My town is pretty small, but growing rapidly. The fastest dial up speed I have EVER gotten is 28.8.

A phone company (three letters, starts with S) lured me away from my phone company (three letters, starts with A) by promising me DSL. I didn't believe I was eligible, so I talked with 5 seperate people who confirmed I could have DSL. 3 of them were in DSL tech support. So I sign up with them, and change the phone number I have had for 10 years just for a chance at DSL. Guess what? I am not eligible for DSL. Needless to say - I was mad! I told them the situation, and they offered me three free months to compensate. They only gave me one free month. I talked with several reps and supervisors, and they all said I was only offered one free month. I ended up writing a letter to the president, and his office gave me the other two months.

Ok, No DSL - moving on. Satellite is too expensive - wireless sounds good. I call a local provider, and get all the information. He makes an appointment to come out at 5:00 - they showed up at 8:00. He says he thinks he can get me on wireless, he will come back tomorrow. Four days go by, and his office calls to schedule an appointment the following Monday. Monday rolls around and they call to reschedule for Thursday. Thursday - no show - no call.

I felt like if it is that hard to get them out to install - what is going to happen when I have trouble?? When they would call to reschedule - both times - it was due to a customer service outage. Apparently, the customers in question have been down for over a week, so they were a priority. A priority? After a week? I don't think so..

I wrote him an email on the following Monday cancelling any future appointments they may have set for me. I was very kind in my letter, and even took the time to mention why I was backing out. Being a survey taker - I thought this would be helpful for future customer relations. I got the following email in response:

Mrs. ******

Due to this letter we will no longer be your future service provider.

The dude's name

I am pretty sure I made that point already in my email! What the ???

I guess I am stuck with SLOOOOOWWWW dial up.

Thanks for listening!

Angelseyes28
08-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Mrs. ******

The dude's name

LMAO When I read that, all I could picture was some redneck hick guy, with one eyebrow on his forehead,spitting tobacco juice everywhere and wearing a nametag with "Bubba" wrote on it with a crayon!
Sorry you can't get high speed internet service.:(

gonnascream
08-31-2004, 04:24 PM
LMAO When I read that, all I could picture was some redneck hick guy, with one eyebrow on his forehead,spitting tobacco juice everywhere and wearing a nametag with "Bubba" wrote on it with a crayon!
(

Just thought I would tell you my dh is now standing here with both his middle fingers extended......he just spit some skoal.........just stuck a crayon in his pocket for marking the boxes at work.......he's offened at you. Not ALL rednecks have ONE eyebrow.

Angelseyes28
08-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Just thought I would tell you my dh is now standing here with both his middle fingers extended......he just spit some skoal.........just stuck a crayon in his pocket for marking the boxes at work.......he's offened at you. Not ALL rednecks have ONE eyebrow.

ROTF!!!!!! Tell your hubby that I am sitting here with both of my middle fingers extended as well......I am offended that he doesn't have ONE eyebrow.

Mom2jal
08-31-2004, 04:47 PM
That sucks joni. I pretty much have the same problem. There are high speed options around here but they are extremely expensive sooooo I'm putting up with dial up for a little while longer. It doesn't help that my phone company bought out the cable company. I do think Bubba used to work around here though. The last guy that came out to fix my phone said we had some shorts in a wire but he didn't know what the wire was for so he just left it disconnected. We were supposed to call him if something didn't work. :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW Angelseyes my hubby wasn't offended. Guess some rednecks do have a sense of humor. :p

buttrfli
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
ROTF!!!!!! Tell your hubby that I am sitting here with both of my middle fingers extended as well......I am offended that he doesn't have ONE eyebrow.

OMG!!! I am laughing so hard I am crying!!!

justme23
08-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Joni, which area south of dallas? My aunts daughter lives in a suburb south of dallas (I'd know the name if I heard it) and they have sbc dsl... we do too, but we're about to dump them I think/hope. I hope they get you worked out!

Technologist
08-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Mrs. ******

The dude's name

My reply to that email would be....

Dear dude's name,

Thank you for informing me that you would no longer be my future service provider... I really had no clue. NOT!!!!!!

If you had not told me, I would have been calling to complain, asking why YOU never showed up as promised, why YOU repeatedly rescheduled appointments, and why I still had no service....NOT!!!!!!

Oh, BTW (which is tech speak for "by the way", which you OBVIOUSLY don't know), I am sure you WILL NOT BE THE FUTURE SERVICE PROVIDER for any of my friends either, after I tell them about the crappy service you DON'T provide!!!

Signed,

MRS. XXXXXXXXXX

PS, everyday, from now on, I will thank God that you aren't an ambulance driver, or a fireman, or a Doctor.... because you can't even KEEP an appointment, much less show up in an EMERGENCY!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Angel Lips
08-31-2004, 07:05 PM

LMAO

Greenly
08-31-2004, 07:32 PM
I so know how you feel but I have it just a tad bit worse. I only connect at 24bps!!! We cant get any kind of DSL or cable modem. I suppose we might could get a sattelite but they are VERY expensive and can even be slow at times too! I'm just getting used to my very cheap, and slow internet. Very hard for me to do but i'm managing lOL

Tasha405
08-31-2004, 08:24 PM
So, are yall saying that some rednecks don't even have one eyebrow?? :confused: lol

Sorry about all the trouble you are going through. My mom lives in an area where she can't get cable or fast speed internet either. The fastest speed she can get on her dial up is 19!! LOL

joni1269
09-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Sorry you can't get high speed internet service.:(

OMG! You met him???

LOL

joni1269
09-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Joni, which area south of dallas? My aunts daughter lives in a suburb south of dallas (I'd know the name if I heard it) and they have sbc dsl... we do too, but we're about to dump them I think/hope. I hope they get you worked out!

I live in Red Oak...

Angelseyes28
09-01-2004, 08:50 AM
OMG! You met him???

LOL

LOL Yep....I think he is the same guy I get to talk to everytime I have to call about my internet not working :rolleyes:

Katt
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM

OMG Have I told you how much I love ya lately? LOL That was so funny, my dr pepper actually propelled out of my nose. Hurt like heck, but was sooo worth it. :D

Oh, and most of the rednecks I know, don't have middle fingers. More like nubs. :D

Angelseyes28
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
OMG Have I told you how much I love ya lately?
Nope but it's always nice to hear.;)

Mom2jal
09-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I feel a group hug coming on. :p

Angelseyes28
09-01-2004, 06:57 PM
:o :o :o

MamaFairal
09-01-2004, 08:03 PM
OMG!
Oh, and most of the rednecks I know, don't have middle fingers. More like nubs. :D

From cracking open too many beer cans.....the fingers wear down.......lol

You mods crack me up........Katt i have never laughed as hard as i have tonight..thanks!

twinkiesmom
09-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech's got the come back letter. I think u should use it! lol Then you will probably get another letter. Dear Mrs. XXX Due to this letter . . . we will not be your provider any longer.

joni1269
09-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech's got the come back letter. I think u should use it! lol Then you will probably get another letter. Dear Mrs. XXX Due to this letter . . . we will not be your provider any longer.

LOL!

You guys are NUTS!!! (JK BTW)

iluvmybaby
09-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Check out Charter Communications, I live in Backwoods TN and I was able to get DSL for $34.95 a month with a leased modem and they put in a NIC card for me, installed everything FREE and run the wire. Very professional installers, fast customer service response, I have yet to had something to complain about, BTW really good technical support. BTW I paid 1 month and go two free, so they have pretty good deals

~Getting remarried in Vegas November 7, 2004!~

Congrads hun, I wonder if ELVIS is going to marry ya'll