PDA

View Full Version : The Complex: Malibu

Kelsey1224
08-31-2004, 07:29 AM
It's on Fox...did anyone else watch it?

It was really good. Basically, there is this apartment complex in Malibu which overlooks the ocean. It is a really cool design...like steps to stairs.

Anyway...it is TOTALLY TRASHED.

There are two teams of 4 couples each and they need to completely renovate the apartments one room at a time.

The team whose room adds the least amount of value to the complex get voted off.

Oh...and they have to live in the complex while doing the work.

I will say that they have a tremendous budget with which to work and all the tools imaginable.

But it was really interesting.

I have an affinity for tools and remodeling so I really liked it.

Tasha405
08-31-2004, 08:35 AM
Ugh, I missed it. :( Do you know what nights its going to be on or is it a once a week type of thing?

Kelsey1224
08-31-2004, 08:51 AM
Last night (Monday) was the premiere, but apparently it will be aired on Friday nights at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.

I frequently don't watch much TV on Friday nights...I've have to see if I remember that it's on. Here is the summary from the official website:

From the creators of AMERICAN IDOL comes a new kind of makeover show. THE COMPLEX: MALIBU moves real-life couples into a cliffside apartment building in Southern California's coastal enclave of the rich and famous, and puts their construction, interior design and, most importantly, their relationship skills to the test with the chance to win a large cash prize. Home renovation under normal circumstances can be stressful enough to tear a relationship apart, but when couples are forced to keep within a tight budget and faced with strict deadlines and competitive neighbors, the stakes are even higher.
Eight couples will compete for the opportunity to restore and redecorate one of four units. Under tight deadlines, the couples will battle each other for control of the units, while trying to add the most value to each of the rooms. A panel of real estate professionals - an interior designer, a real estate agent and an architect - will rank the rooms from best to worst and help decide the couples' fate: who stays and who goes. The renovated units will be sold at public auction, and the couple whose unit nets the highest-percentage profit will receive the profits from ALL of the units.

THE COMPLEX: MALIBU is based on the hit Australian show, "The Block," now in its second season. The first season finale last August drew the highest rating of any show in that country in 15 years.

justme23
08-31-2004, 10:27 AM
I watched it... the bickering was brutal but I like the concept of the show a lot. It's on Fridays at 7 here so check your local listings (I assume it's on at 8 in Cali cause it would be on at 5 if it were on at the same time here and there?)

I don't have all their names memorized yet but I thought it was kind of crappy when that girl wouldn't help the other who made an honest mistake w/ the paint in the parking lot. Like she intended to make a huge mess and sabotage her whole day. That girl (to me) has a serious 'everybody is out to get me' complex... but I guess that's what gives the show it's drama... lol I really expected to see them evicted, I was surprised at the couple voted off.