PDA

View Full Version : Military members

Urban Cowgirl
08-30-2004, 10:07 AM
I was wondering if any of you have ever been over your weight allowance for a pcs move. If so what locations were you moving from and to? How much were you over? And how much did it cost you? We are moving in March and I am worried that we will be over our weight limit. Thanks for any info. :p

belcherpi
08-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, we've been over twice. The first time was from Hawaii to Virginia and we were over about 350lbs and it cost us almost $400. That was 4 years ago and I don't know the specific amounts but they were close to what I posted. We were over on our recent move (2 weeks ago) but we haven't heard anything yet. Our paperwork said we were over by a little over 400lbs but DH's professional books and papers hadn't been taken off yet. Hope that helps.

elsaleh01
08-30-2004, 10:13 AM
hey girl. not sure about that. we have never moved :) But all i know is that you do have to pay your overage. Drats..... But they give you a good amount to not go over. No one here has ever done it. They have always been under :0)

freeplease
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
We've never been over. Maybe this is a good time to have a garage sale. And be strict when it comes to throwing out before the movers get there. Toss those old magazines. Donate books you don't read to the library. Are you really going to wear those old shoes? lol I got to be a lot less sentimental as the moves came and went.

Urban Cowgirl
08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Our last move we had 8500 lbs and our limit was 9000. Our limit is still 9000 and we have had Chloe since then!!! I'm scared!!! :eek:

belcherpi
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
From what they told us, since you are allowed 9000lbs then if you are at 10,000 lbs you are ok. They take 10% off the total weight for packing materials. Just start getting rid of stuff you don't need anymore. I had a yard sale and threw away lots of junk and I was still over. :eek:

Urban Cowgirl
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah I already had one yard sale and got rid or some items. I plan on doing one more and then its gonna be freecycle USA LOL I think for my sale I will wait until fall when its cooler.. We also got rid of a couple large items of furniture to make room for Chloe's baby furniture.. Its just hard when I think ok we got rid of some items but we bought these other items....I really don't have a feel for how much weight we have. I refuse to get rid of my precious moments, or other collectibles though. LOL I know I am gonna be stressed until our stuff gets weighed tho. Since its our last pcs we have to pay the difference before they will ship. I am gonna fly with Chloe so I am gonna tell hubby to load the car up too!!! LOL