PDA

View Full Version : Really irritated at the hubby.

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 06:16 PM
We get out this afternoon,(this was suppose to be my trip) Spend 1 1/2 hours looking for him a BBQ grill (got a great deal at Sam's Club) I get to spend 5 min at Michaels looking for some yarn I need to finish a project(they don't have it) Come out and tell hubby(he didn't go in with me) He is ready to go home and set up his grill. I don't get to go anywhere else to look for my yarn.(remember, this is suppose to be MY trip) I said fine. Maybe after supper, we could go to the Super Center(30 miles away, and open for late nite shopping) He says we can. What you want to go for? my yarn and too look around since I didn't get to shop much for myself like we had planned. OK. 8:30 rolls around(after supper) he is not moving anywhere fast, said why don't we take a nap(yeah right which means I don't want to go, forget your trip) It is too late to go back into town, and finish the shopping I wanted to do(stores close about 9) He doesn't want to go to the Super Center(said I can go by myself--- I aint driving alone in deer country) ggrrrrrrrrr. Why do I let him set me up this way? If he had said he didn't want to in the first place, I would be fine with it, but to set me up, to be ready to go, then knock the wind out of my sails, grrrrrrrr I am really peeved right now.

Be a long time before he gets to buy something he wants. Anybody want a used grill? lol (think I might include him in the deal)

Denise1972
08-28-2004, 06:24 PM
my BF does this to me ALL the time. I would rather him say he doesnt want to go, than to do crap like that.

I am sorry you didnt go to get your yarn. If you had a cell phone, you could have left him at Sams and told him you were going to do your yarn shopping hehe, and call you when he decides he is done messing up your day of shopping.

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 06:28 PM
my BF does this to me ALL the time. I would rather him say he doesnt want to go, than to do crap like that.

I am sorry you didnt go to get your yarn. If you had a cell phone, you could have left him at Sams and told him you were going to do your yarn shopping hehe, and call you when he decides he is done messing up your day of shopping.

Thanks.
We both have Nextels. and no I wouldn't have left him at Sam's alone (he spends too much,lol) Next time, we will do what I want to do first, and he will just have to wait for his part. I don't care if we pass his store first, and it is on the right side of the road. In meantime, think he is going to get the cold shoulder the rest of the weekend,lol.

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 06:32 PM
my boyfriend is the same exact way, 90% of our time is spent doing what he wants even though he says we can do what i want. Men just dont care i guess as long as they get their new toy. (((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Hehehehehe, I am very tempted to dump the kids on him tomorrow, and make it a me day (he made the big mistake of giving me $100 for myself, and I haven't touched a dime of it, muhahhahahahahah)

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Hehehehehe, I am very tempted to dump the kids on him tomorrow, and make it a me day (he made the big mistake of giving me $100 for myself, and I haven't touched a dime of it, muhahhahahahahah)

lol come pick me up and we'll make it a girls day out

MsLynn
08-28-2004, 06:57 PM
i'd have been outta that house so fast when he told me to go by myself, and shoot i my spend part of that money on a motel room for myself for the night, let him wonder what happened to me... ain't no way i'd put up with that... he said you could go, i'd expect him to follow through... you let them get away with it once and they will do it again.... ok, sorry, lol ya hit one of my sore spots, i'll shut up and do a high dive off my soapbox now.

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I would, but, I don't like going anywhere by myself(if it hadn't been too late, would have gone back to town, but not to the Super Center, too far to drive by myself at night, especially in deer country) What makes it even worse, the yarn I need to finish my project has been discontinued. I bid on some on ebay(really didn't need 14 skeins of it, but for the rate it is going for, looks like I am not going to get it that way either.) ( If anyone out there has or comes across Caron Dazzleair yarn in White #2601, please PM me)

Believe me he is not getting away with it,lol. He KNOWS I am mad, I snapped at him earlier when he asked me what I was doing. He is going to play nicey nice to me tomorrow, bet me. And I can guarantee it won't happen agian. He picked the WRONG time of the month to be doing that to me. So I won't let him off that easy.lol. (btw he is hiding right now--he went to bed, but tomorrow is another story)

buttrfli
08-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I can relate! My DH has done this before as well! :rolleyes:

Too bad we don't all live near each other so that the guys can go do their thing and the girls can do theirs....

I miss having girlfriends to hang out with :(

MsLynn
08-28-2004, 08:08 PM

Too bad we don't all live near each other so that the guys can go do their thing and the girls can do theirs....

do i need to come to tulsa and take you places

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 08:08 PM

Ya know if we put them all on an island....well guess that wouldn't work either, it would mean the end of the world,lol.

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Ya know if we put them all on an island....well guess that wouldn't work either, it would mean the end of the world,lol.

lets give it a try

MsLynn
08-28-2004, 08:34 PM
well ya can always import a few, for a few hrs on occassion just for breeding purposes, lmao

Willow
08-28-2004, 09:54 PM
The more things I read about men lately the more I think they are only good for one thing and half the time they can't even do that right. :rolleyes: Okay before the male members come in here I will say that not ALL men are like this but at least 75% are. lol

queenangie
08-28-2004, 10:04 PM
You are certain correct on that one!!!

Shann
08-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Ugh! Sorry it sounds like an ex of mine. That drives me crazy also. Don't tell me you are going to go and then bail out... Sorry that happened and I hope that you are able to find your yarn. So you don't have to drive, you could call the stores and see if they have it before you go.. good luck!

fatesfaery
08-28-2004, 10:28 PM
I thought DD had a skein of the yarn you're looking for but her's is Caron christmas glitter #7501( it did come from Wal-mart, so maybe you can find your's there).
As for the rest....DH learned a long long time ago not to do things like that. The man can only handle so many dirty looks and burned dinners.

twinkiesmom
08-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh you better go and enjoy yourself.

Years ago, when I couldn't drive, dh was taking me here n there, shopping, etc. Now that I have my license, I'd rather go w/o him. Cuz he's like your dh, 'if i'm gonna go to store, i'm gonna look for me' Cripes, I don't even get the Sunday paper anymore, cuz he goes thru the high tech ads like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc just to see what he can get that he don't already have.

Just don't forget this last shopping trip w/him. Make sure if u gotta go w/him, u get your stuff. NVM looking at this or that for him, u tell him, 'yeah, maybe we'll get it another time . . . . lets go.' And if it were me, I'd be throwing this little 'me me me' incident in his face if he don't wanna leave. Uh huh. I'd be giving the cold shoulder too.

I would rather shop w/o dh. Oh man, now that I got my license and my freedom . . . . I'm like 'Cya, I'm going shopping. You're watching the kids. Have fun!!' lol *insert door slam here*

dixiechicken
08-28-2004, 10:39 PM
All I can say is this........I will refuse to allow a man (married or not) to make me feel as though I will not accomplish something. I have taught my BF to do what I want when I want it.....he gets what he wants when he wants it. I guess there needs to be a compromise. ALL MEN (regardless of whether or not you think so) act in this manner......it is our duty, as women, to teach them otherwise.

My advice to you.....tell him that you are glad that he can now cook you dinner everynight for a month seeing as though he got the grill....maybe he will give in.

twinkiesmom
08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
My advice to you.....tell him that you are glad that he can now cook you dinner everynight for a month seeing as though he got the grill....maybe he will give in.

LOL Good one!

Willow
08-29-2004, 05:05 AM
I think it depends on how the men were brought up. If they saw their own mothers being walked all over by their fathers then they are probably going to treat their girl friends or wives the same way. I try to teach my son how to treat women. The other day my neighbor that lives down stairs went shopping and when she came home she had him come down and she gave him a box of his favorite cereal, some Teddy Grahams and a bottle of juice. When he came back up with it he said he wanted to buy her a rose. lol He's learning. ;)

Quaker_Parrots
08-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Yeah, he's all lovey dovey this morning, saying wanna get ready and go to the store,(he knows he messed up) So I guess I am going to get to go. HIs excuse was, he didn't feel well last night---sinus drainage. Yeah if you didn't feel good, you should have never agreed to go in the first place. I would have understood.

He is pretty good to me most of the time, just once in a while he acts like a turd. Of course he probably thinks the same of me sometimes too,lol. Marriage cant be all roses and champaign, gotta be some thorns there occassionally. He never abuses me (never physically, or mentally--he came from that type of home, and over came it) He just likes to irratate me occassionally (like last night) lol

Angel Lips
08-29-2004, 06:12 AM
well you have a good time and take your time..lol

Willow
08-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Glad you're going to get to go. I think you deserve to spend a little extra because of his little stunt. lol

Quaker_Parrots
08-29-2004, 06:24 AM
I might just do that. Might even make him take me to lunch. (he is cooking supper,lol, he got he wanted, now he has to put it to use)

VALENA-)45
08-29-2004, 06:40 AM
I am sorry he did that to you. Now, run him around the stores and let him have a fit. Have a fun shoppping trip.

iluvmybaby
08-29-2004, 08:30 AM
:p Yet another reason I got rid of my hubby, inconsideration drives me nuts!!!!

DivineMsDi
08-29-2004, 10:30 AM
It is my experience men will hurry up and do errands they WANT to do, but if you want to go somewhere they DON'T they will dawdle, sleep in late, and generally make a big deal so you are better off going yourself!!! :D

MamaFairal
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
you could always print up a "FOR SALE" sign and stick it on his new BBQ and he'll get the picture.....lol

1tiredmom
08-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Quaker Parrots

could i be so nosy as to ask what kind of grill did ya'll get -dh wants to get a new one and is looking at one that costs $600.00-
my dh loves to shop -worse than a female- i swear me & dd get piffed when he says just one thing & he'll be right out & that is any store & heaven help us if it's home depot, lowes-we have already one day sat in the car while he went in for his "one" thing and counted how many cars we saw park, go in & come outand he hasn't shown up yet -go out & eat , we have already gone & spent the night in pensacola becasue he felt like a steak from mesquit charley's (i'm not lying either)i could tell you some stories you wouldn't believe -sorry i'm just rambling on-------- :o :o

Quaker_Parrots
08-30-2004, 04:37 AM
We got a charcoal one(hubby doesn't like gas, says food doesn't taste as good) It is a Brinkman, really heavily made (at least 140lbs) It has the cast grates (insted of the regular grill racks) you can crank the coals up or down(adjustable shelf raises or lowers the coals to control temp) We only gave $100 for it. he has been drooling over it for months. They finally marked it down to what he wanted to pay for it,lol.

Angel Lips
08-30-2004, 05:10 AM
We got a charcoal one(hubby doesn't like gas, says food doesn't taste as good) It is a Brinkman, really heavily made (at least 140lbs) It has the cast grates (insted of the regular grill racks) you can crank the coals up or down(adjustable shelf raises or lowers the coals to control temp) We only gave $100 for it. he has been drooling over it for months. They finally marked it down to what he wanted to pay for it,lol.

And what did you get on your shopping trip?

Quaker_Parrots
08-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Lol, nothing, I still have my money, couldn't find anything I wanted (not even my yarn)

Greenly
08-30-2004, 07:22 AM
My husband is the same way. My husband suffers from really bad panic attacks (he has agoraphobia-afraid of wide open spaces) so when we go places its quick stops into small stores. But it never fails. He'll go into say Dollar General and get everything he wants and he says ok lets go now. And i'll still need to get my stuff. Even when i get him in the grocery store to pick up a couple things he stays in the front while i go get the stuff in the back of the store and i come back and hes disappeared to the car. I end up rushing outside to get his wallet because he never leaves me the money! *GRR* I'm so aggravated when i come back that I just get the little bit of stuff I got and leave.

I was so mad the other day though! We went to Rite Aid to get his mouth was (biotene, 8$ for one bottle!!! :mad: He's got dry mouth :rolleyes: ) Anyways I run in and get that for him then i tell him i gotta run to the grocery store and get some bread and he starts in "oh do we have to go? I'm just ready to go. blah blah blah" Well he'll pay for it today. I ate the last of the bread for breakfast so when he gets up for lunch he wont have anythiing LOL I'm so mean :p

joni1269
08-30-2004, 07:53 AM

I want to go with ya!! What a sweet hubby you have!

{{{{Greenly}}}} Men don't like to shop - we have to do it all on our own! He probably held back because he knew you would not drive the 30 miles on your own. Next time - call his bluff and BOOK UP!!

Kelsey1224
08-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I just want to say that not all hubby's are like that. Mine is a dream when we need to run errands.

I'm doing a tole painting project and I needed certain color acrylic paints (which of course...were not any of the 100 bottles I already have...)

Anyway...first he dropped me off a Joann Crafts and Fabrics and he went to get his car washed. Joann's didn't have what I needed so we went to Michaels and, of course, they don't have any of the colors in the brands listed in the instruction book. So...I use the "conversion chart' book and we start looking through the various other maker's colors so I can find the comparable colors that I need.

We must have spend a half-hour looking for acrylic paint colors...but I got them all!!!

He is such a dear!!!

Angel Lips
08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Lol, nothing, I still have my money, couldn't find anything I wanted (not even my yarn)

oh i'll go on the next shopping trip with you...hehe leave the men at home with the grill

iluvmybaby
08-30-2004, 09:54 AM
:rolleyes: M E N

janelle
08-30-2004, 10:11 AM
I told my hubby to read his thread cause he might learn something. We have the same problem. He gets what he wants and I wait patiently then I start to look for myself and he wants to leave in 5 minutes.

He started to read then stopped and said he doesn't do that to me so he didn't need to finish. He doesn't make me wait. Excuse me???? Just cause I don't complain about it doesn't mean he doesn't do it. Just can't see himself.

I have followed him around Lowe's and he acts like he's not quite sure what he is looking for but I don't make a big deal about it but he won't do that for more than a minute for me. I have to tell him exactly what I am doing. Maybe I'm doing what he was doing. browsing to see what they have.

He has even said, you didn't tell me you were going to look at that before we came in here. Duh---like I should be a fortune teller and know I was going to run across a good deal before I went into the store.
:rolleyes:

YankeeMary
08-30-2004, 11:46 AM
My DH is a doll also about shopping. He knows if he goes with me then expect at least 30-40 minutes per store with the max. of stores being at least 4. He loves to shop and browse, got lucky here. I am going to walmart today and I will look for your yarn today, hope they have it.

Quaker_Parrots
08-30-2004, 11:57 AM
I am going to walmart today and I will look for your yarn today, hope they have it.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I found out it has been discontinued. I have checked on ebay, and it is going for really high (I bid the max I would pay for a skein with shipping, and I was outbid.
One skein is at $3.28 (with like $4 for shipping) I bid on a lot of 14(figured as nice as it is, I could use the rest for a baby blanket for my niece who is expecting) It is going for $30 right now (saw some going for $80), with $9 shipping. I am hoping to get to some of the craft stores and see if they have any left.

FireFox1973
08-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Yikes! I am very glad my man always takes me where I wanna go. If he does not wanna shop, he hangs in the car. I yell at him if he wanders over to the tool section w/o me though! Guess we were made for each other!

I can sympathize with you, my ex was like that. Of course, that is why he is my ex, he-he!!! :eek:

1tiredmom
08-31-2004, 08:04 PM
I think it depends on how the men were brought up. If they saw their own mothers being walked all over by their fathers then they are probably going to treat their girl friends or wives the same way. I try to teach my son how to treat women. The other day my neighbor that lives down stairs went shopping and when she came home she had him come down and she gave him a box of his favorite cereal, some Teddy Grahams and a bottle of juice. When he came back up with it he said he wanted to buy her a rose. lol He's learning. ;)

I tell dd want to see how a guy is going to treat you watch how he treats his mom--she's learning ;)

SouthOSane
08-31-2004, 09:43 PM
“Cash, check or charge?“ I asked, after folding items the

woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet

I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.

“So, do you always carry your TV remote?“ I asked.

“No,“ she replied,“ but my husband refused to come shopping with me,

so I figured this was the most legal evil thing I could do to him.“

:D :D :D