PDA

View Full Version : Question about eye brow piercing

sea-shell
08-28-2004, 05:38 PM
I want to get my eye brow pierced - hubby said no - so now of course I have to go do it :rolleyes: I saw kits on ebay but not sure i could do it myself. Has anyone used the self kits?

Urban Cowgirl
08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
I used to have mine pierced, I took it out when my Mom came to visit and harrassed me to death about it. I regret taking it out ...want to get pierced again...but now probably chloe would pull on it. :rolleyes:

Anyway I would not do it yourself. There are nerves that run below the skin in that area and if you hit one it could cause half your face to go paralyzed...it would look like you had a stroke. I strongly reccommend a professional for this.

buttrfli
08-28-2004, 05:46 PM
I used a self kit on my best friend... worked pretty good :) we bought the kits at sally's though.

When I lose the rest of this weight, I am getting mine done as a treat to myself

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I dont think id trust myself on doing it myself, i would go and get it professionally done.

bell_peaches
08-28-2004, 08:01 PM
too many nerves in the face have a profesional do it. I would not risk it . Good luck

fatesfaery
08-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Mine used to be pierced, it still looks open but I'm pretty sure I couldn't get anything through it.Mine drove me crazy, I'd see it out of the corner of my eye and think a bug or something was coming at my eye.
I agree with what others have said, there are nerves in that area that could leave you with a permanent tic if you hit them.
I think I only paid $20 to get mine pierced, so its not that expensive.

trufflez
08-29-2004, 07:03 AM
My daughter had it done. I wouldn't do it myself. When she decided to remove hers, it wasn't by choice. It started to just force its way out. It was like the two holes came together. No pulling or anything, just did it on its own. Now theres a scar.

YankeeMary
08-29-2004, 07:15 AM
To chicken here for a go-it-yourself or professional.

MamaFairal
08-29-2004, 08:13 AM
My 16yo Dd has her eyebrow pierced since she was 13 and its not a problem.

She is currently looking for a job and when she interviews she wears a clear plastic bar in it so ya cant really see anything.Usually she wears her ring in it tho :)

I would listen and get it professionally done as others have said. The places around here pierce anything above the hips for $20 including jewelry...pretty good.

Congrats if you do get it :D

queenangie
08-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Here's a 'what if'......what if it gets infected and goes to your eye ball, eye socket, and surrounding facial tissue?

adorkablex
08-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Here's a 'what if'......what if it gets infected and goes to your eye ball, eye socket, and surrounding facial tissue?

But what if it doesn't? There's a risk in everything you do.

I agree with everyone else.. you should go to a professional. Make sure they're certified and everything is sterile though. And don't go somewhere dumb such as the flea market to get it done either. Try a well known tattoo shop in your area.

Katt
08-29-2004, 12:01 PM
I've used the self kits from ebay on my belly. I wouldn't recommend them, just from personal experience. The kit itself was fine. But, the jewelry that was with it, I was allergic to and almost ended up in the hospital. I guess if you got the jewelry seperately, it would be okay. I dont' know if I would do my eyebrow myself though. Ears, nose, and labret yeah, but nothing around my eyes lol. It's pretty cheap for eyebrow piercings. Me, I would just let a prof do it.

I wanted my eyebrow done, but they are already giving me the evil eye about my tongue, and my ears have to be small studs, so I think it would just cause problems. Guess I'll be sticking to piercings that are out of view.

Good luck with it though.

nanajoanie
08-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I had my ears pierced over 35 years ago and was petrified. My daughter and grandgirl have their ears, belly and tongue pierced. I can't stand to look at the tongue piercings. A neighbor has piercings ALL OVER his body and all I can think of is OUCH!! I would go to the doctor to be put asleep if I had to be poked again. This is definitely not a DIY project :eek:

sea-shell
08-29-2004, 01:06 PM
I guess I agree with everyone - we have very reputable tatoo parlors here so I will go have it done professionally. thanks everyone for their opinions.