PDA

View Full Version : Is This for Real????

jen-ron
08-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Recieved an email from one of my PTR sites today (ProPaidEmail). It said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You just won $100 of CASH!

Every month, ProPaidEmail is giving members random cash prizes. This month, your account is the one of 10 top winners accounts who will get cash prizes from us.

To get your money, please click on the link below and follow instructions on our web site:

XXXX

Then I get to the site and it says this:

An error occured while sending payment:

YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE PROPAIDEMAIL GOLD GAMES CLUB

Only ProPaidEmail Gold Games Club members can receive their prizes in cash.

If you want to become the Gold Games Club member, please fill out the registration form below. Once you become a member, your prize will be paid directly to your account.

Please note: If you do not apply for the ProPaidEmail Gold Games Club membership, your prize will be returned to the ProPaidEmail account and given to another winner next month.

And it wants me to pay $8.75 to join this club. So I contacted the site to see if its for real or not. Of course its gonna take a while for them to get back with me so I decided to see what ya'll think. Is it for real??? TIA

Jen

tsquared
08-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Sounds like they are baiting you...........making you click on the link to get you to that page and then telling you for $8.75 you could have the chance to be one of the 10 winners...............

Willow
08-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I think tsquared is right. It kind of reminds me of those Cardi commercials where the lady is cutting up her living furniture with a chain saw and the husband is reading the paper and he yells out.......It says you "might" be a winner. lol

jen-ron
08-28-2004, 05:07 PM
LOL Havent seen that one yet, sounds cute! lol Will wait to see what they say. Asked them "Is this for real? And if so will the money be credited to my acct total or directly to my paypal?" LOL

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 06:59 PM
lol i dunno sounds a little fishy to me, might be fake.

thedragonlady
08-28-2004, 07:31 PM
All of the fraud sites say, if you have to pay them for them to pay you, then it's a scam. Why would you give them money? Why wouldn't they just take it out of the winnings?

Whitequeen39
08-28-2004, 07:47 PM
I got this exact mail except it said it was for AYS...It is definately a fake, they try to get your password and such for e-gold...Trash it.