PDA

View Full Version : (Female Problems)IT FIGURES!! This is SO how it is with me.. My wonderful luck!

Denise1972
08-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Well I have been waiting to get in to my dr for a pap for months. I was on depo shot, and my last shot was like in Jan. I missed the second appt for the March shot. Well I was then told that I had to schedule for a pap. The last few times I was at the dr was for my severe back pain, so I couldnt get the pap. So now here it is the end of August... Monday I am SUPPOSED to get my pap and prego test for the shot a week later. GUESS who shows up???? Yep, The dreaded aunt Flo. GRRRR. She is my LEAST favorite relative hehe. :rolleyes: I just hope this is a short one so I can get my stuff done and get rid of the old bag again. ;) She could have at least waited a few more days, but nooooooo, she has to come at the worst time.

I have been cramping alot the past few days, but I chalked it up to my back still hurting. It has been raining cats and dogs here, and my body has been aching a little extra. I had no idea whatsoever she was going to rear her ugly head. I just love that depo shot. Its like moving, and not leaving a forwarding address for aunt flo hehe. :eek:

I was just getting ready to get rid of my pads and tampons. Now I am going to need them. I was going to give them to my neice who just had a baby on the 2nd, I havent even got a chance to even see her or the baby, cuz I have been hurting so bad. I am going to go see her this weekend tho.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I hope this isnt TMI hehe :)

Angel Lips
08-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Aunt flow always has perfect timing doesnt she? Always shows up when shes not needed. Hope shes over and done with by the time you have that appointment for.

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Not to be gross, but they can still do a pap when "aunt flo" is visiting (though you may not want anyone to mess with you then) If you want to go ahead with it, call your Dr monday and make sure they will do it.

Tasha405
08-28-2004, 06:09 AM
They can but I never would let them. I always called and changed my appointment. LOL

I was on the shot for just a little while and when my aunt came back to visit she only stayed for like 5 days instead of the 7 I was used to so that was great. Of course after I had my little girl last year she went back to 7. :mad:

Sorry if that was TMI! LOL :o

iluvmybaby
08-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Tasha I am on the depo as well and I havent had a period for about a year and a half until recentily, the health dept started carrying the premixed shot and I have been having spotting and about a week ago a full blown period, which NEVER happened while they had to mix it fresh in front of you :confused: You are not the only one with this problem, I got on it in the first place because I used to have such painful periods cramp wise that I couldnt see straight, now the cramps are back. I am thinking of switching BC because of it, it just doesnt seem to be suiting my needs anymore. Sorry I hope I didnt crap on your thread but I feel your pain! ;)

DivineMsDi
08-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Aunt Flo is the worst relative and I would cheer if she stayed away forever.... :)

freeplease
08-28-2004, 11:22 AM
My dear old auntie came to visit the day before my hysterectomy. I thought it was pretty funny considering it was her last trip to my neighborhood. My doctor wasn't bothered in the least. She said it happens all the time. Her office just likes to be forewarned so they can use something extra on the exam table.

stresseater
08-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Not to be gross, but they can still do a pap when "aunt flo" is visiting (though you may not want anyone to mess with you then) If you want to go ahead with it, call your Dr monday and make sure they will do it.
Thank you for the info. I have been trying to get in to see the Dr. for 3 months now. Apparently flo has decided she wants to visit every 15-17 days and when I call they schedual 2 weeks in advance. I have been trying to figure the right day to call so i can go in alone. :D :D

Denise1972
08-28-2004, 06:16 PM
No you didnt crap on the thread hehe :) I have been on the premixed stuff ever since I started, and I still didnt have a period after I got the shot. I just hope that it will go away again hehe..

I will call the nurse monday and see if they still want to do it. I am having severe cramps and back aches. I am still glad I have muscle relaxers left. If anything else, I can wait to go to planned parenthood walk in days to do it. I think it is Thursdays here.

I forgot how tired aunt flo made me hehe. I had to go lay down and sleep awhile earlier.

Tasha I am on the depo as well and I havent had a period for about a year and a half until recentily, the health dept started carrying the premixed shot and I have been having spotting and about a week ago a full blown period, which NEVER happened while they had to mix it fresh in front of you :confused: You are not the only one with this problem, I got on it in the first place because I used to have such painful periods cramp wise that I couldnt see straight, now the cramps are back. I am thinking of switching BC because of it, it just doesnt seem to be suiting my needs anymore. Sorry I hope I didnt crap on your thread but I feel your pain! ;)

Shann
08-28-2004, 09:54 PM
hope it quits for you soon and you are able to get in there and get it over with...

queenangie
08-28-2004, 10:04 PM
(((((Hugs)))))

dixiechicken
08-28-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a question for you women then.........I spot every 3 weeks or so.....do you think it has to do with my BF asking me "do you think it is normal?" LOL I have always been able to set my watch to Auntie Flo and now I am 'whenever I feel like coming, I will come'. Tia....I need a little advice to give my old man the heads up. :) PS.....I am 23 and have no kids

annie169
08-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Yes, you can get a pap done during your period BUT your test results WILL not be correct . The office will get an abnormal test result. I worked for the Co. Health Clinic and we rescheduled EVERY TIME a woman came in or called to say they were having their period.

Pap Smear, Papanicolaou Test, Cervical Smear

What Affects the Test
Failure to apply the preservative to the slide immediately after the cells of the cervix are spread on it can interfere with test results (due to dried-out cells).
Menstrual blood on the slide can interfere with the examination of the cervical cells and may interfere with test results. A vaginal infection can also interfere with Pap test results.
A Pap test done within 24 hours of douching or using vaginal lubricants or medications may provide inaccurate results because the products may wash away or coat the cells on the surface of the cervix.
The health professional may not remove an adequate sample of the abnormal area of the cervix, or the sample may contain too few cells, which may give a false-negative test result.

joni1269
08-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Yes, you can get a pap done during your period BUT your test results WILL not be correct . The office will get an abnormal test result. I worked for the Co. Health Clinic and we rescheduled EVERY TIME a woman came in or called to say they were having their period.

Pap Smear, Papanicolaou Test, Cervical Smear

What Affects the Test
Failure to apply the preservative to the slide immediately after the cells of the cervix are spread on it can interfere with test results (due to dried-out cells).
Menstrual blood on the slide can interfere with the examination of the cervical cells and may interfere with test results. A vaginal infection can also interfere with Pap test results.
A Pap test done within 24 hours of douching or using vaginal lubricants or medications may provide inaccurate results because the products may wash away or coat the cells on the surface of the cervix.
The health professional may not remove an adequate sample of the abnormal area of the cervix, or the sample may contain too few cells, which may give a false-negative test result.

I did not know that - thanks for the info!

I took Depo YEARS ago - one shot is all. I was sick for a month, and decided not to take the next shot. I didn't have a period for a year!! I got one cycle, and got pregnant. Those were two GREAT "Aunt Flo" free years!

LilVlyRed
09-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Denise, count your blessings - at least everything is still working correctly! I'm only 35, and have hit menopause already (apparently it happens to more women than you would think). I haven't seen old Aunt Flo in one year! I've been to the reproductive endocrinologist at UCLA for blood work and ultrasounds, etc. I had been planning on getting pregnant this year, we were just starting to "try". Quite devastating blow, really. So...the bright side of your situation is that at least you have nice healthy eggs, not old dry fried eggs like me! LMBO ;)