PDA

View Full Version : The House Cleaning Lady (Flylady)

bugcookies
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
:D I became a fly baby after a tenant left an apartment a big nasty mess we used the site for inspiration and ended up big fans and do almost everything I am told to do, I thought my house was clean but I was wrong .

I think the biggest help was not to send the kid in there bedroom and say clean this room,
I now tell them to go in the room and pick up 15 things after 2 weeks the room is very clean and there are no more in a minute or ok and it is not done, they just do it when I say ok time for you to pick up your 15 things these 2 girls have never picked up anything ever and I had no idea on how much I could do in the house and not feel like I was cleaning all the time or trying to catch up I am doing it all and in less time.

this woman is amazing I challenge every person on this board to be a fly baby for just 1 week (it is free) and then post here on the board how it went or is working for you.

I am so amazed anyone can come to my house and look in any nook and cranny and I will not be embarrassed
every inch is perfect and I am so totally organized with everything now that some thing I am told to do are done and I am free for the day with no house work to do at all .

Shine your Sink
http://flylady.org/pages/FLYingLessons_Shine.asp

http://flylady.org/

nanajoanie
08-26-2004, 05:11 PM
WOW!! Astonishing!! A cyberspace orgainizer. Better than Eloise :) Right??

DivineMsDi
08-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I would prefer someone volunteer to be my maid for free. lol :D

nanajoanie
08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
I sorta have a live-in maid. My Heather vacumns about every other day, does dishes, laundry. All I have to do is cook when I know she will be home for the evening instead of out to dinner with friends. Doesn't get much better than this :) :p

YankeeMary
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I tried the flylady, and yes it all is pretty amazing, but dang to many emails and then some would say get off the computer now. I am way to independant to have anyone tell me what to do. I am so glad it worked for you, since your house is so clean, would you have time to come and do mine? Please.

Angel Lips
08-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I tried the flylady, and yes it all is pretty amazing, but dang to many emails and then some would say get off the computer now. I am way to independant to have anyone tell me what to do. I am so glad it worked for you, since your house is so clean, would you have time to come and do mine? Please.

Mary get off the compter..lol

queenangie
08-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I tried the Flylady too. She has some super ideas.
The emails drove me nuts too.
I didn't take her seriously enough about not complaining to my
family, who would follow after me into a clean room and create havoc.

The every 15 minutes timer really gets things moving.
So does the daily routines of AM and PM.

Hope everyone tries some of her ideas. It can't hurt.

mesue
08-27-2004, 04:24 AM
I tried her too but the email got to be too much. Is there a page on her website where she just lists the daily chores for that day and I can just delete the rest of the junk? It got to the point to where I was spending 15 minutes a day just deleting her emails.

amysusi
08-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm trying to get back into the routines. With summer, and not having to get get kids up to take 1 to the bus stop, routines just fell by the wayside. But I do like her 15 minute thing. It keeps me from getting overwhelmed and giving up.

sharinbo
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I tried it, and like others said, the emails were too much. PLus, as great as her ideas are, there were SO many to implement I got overwhelmed. I could definitely use the help...I guess the style just didn't work for me.