PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Service Pack 2 Released

Mom2jal
08-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Windows Update (http://www.windowsupdate.com)

If you haven't checked it out already, you should. It's a long download for those of us on dial up but at least it can be resumed if you need to stop it.

Quaker_Parrots
08-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I got it last week. I HATE the new changes to IE, (the addition of the idiot bar) I got rid of that crap fast. (change the options in tools / internet options / privacy & also programs from your browser bar)

Mom2jal
08-26-2004, 10:26 AM
The one from the new integrated pop up blocker? Yeah I disabled that too, and so far the pop up blocker works really well. Even here. :p

joni1269
08-26-2004, 10:28 AM
I wish they would offer a CD - I would pay shipping. It is going to take all day to d/l 75MB on my connection speed!

Quaker_Parrots
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
The one from the new integrated pop up blocker? Yeah I disabled that too, and so far the pop up blocker works really well. Even here. :p

I turned the pop up blocker off too, it worked TOO well. It was blocking stuff I didn't want it to block (links I clicked on) and that shield thingy that pops up anytime you are trying to do anything drove me bonkers.

Mom2jal
08-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I wish they would offer a CD - I would pay shipping. It is going to take all day to d/l 75MB on my connection speed!

You can get a free cd here Service Pack 2 CD (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx) with free shipping.

I turned the pop up blocker off too, it worked TOO well. It was blocking stuff I didn't want it to block (links I clicked on) and that shield thingy that pops up anytime you are trying to do anything drove me bonkers.

LOL I haven't had that problem so far. I did notice you can change the level of blocking you want so I'm trying out medium.

joni1269
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks!

Tasha405
08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm updating windows right now. Thanks! :D

Katt
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
I had been putting it off, cause well, I'm like that. :D

Guess I should get it done one of these days soon. Anything that kills BBS's industrial strength popups, is okay by me.

rlynn411
08-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Geesh, could this update of taken any longer? I have roadrunner and it still took about an hour. So don't envy those who have dial up..... can't imagine how long it will take.