PDA

View Full Version : my father has been gone a yr today and I am so upset

mlayton1994
08-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone,
Today marks the 1yr anniversary of my father's death. Today has been such a hard day for me. Luckily I got called to work today and that was great for me. Now it is getting bad.
To top it off I am struggling with a personal issue which is causing me to be severly depressed. Today for the first time I wished for a moment that I could just go to sleep and not wake up. Luckily I was working today and I couldnt close my eyes.

I miss him so.

Please keep me in your thoughts. thank you.

mom2cvam
08-25-2004, 03:14 PM
{{{{{{{{{{mlayton1994}}}}}}}}}

DivineMsDi
08-25-2004, 03:20 PM
(hugs) It is okay to be sad, upset, whatever. Honor his memory today. Light a candle, think about him all you want. We all have been there when we miss someone special.

Vanilla
08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Mlayton1994- haven't seen you in a while! Sorry about your father. I agree with DivineMsDi about lighting a candle and you can say a prayer and/or play his favorite music. Death is always hardest on those left behind. Know that your father is always with you. Peace.

Tasha405
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
{{{{Hugs}}}}

MamaFairal
08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
{{MLayton1994}}

I know exactly where you are at :(

I lost my Sister(best friend) in 2000 and my Mom in 2002.
Something that has helped me tremendously is when i am upset or missing them terribly(which is daily) When i can i go buy a brightly colored helium balloon and as silly as it sounds i write a note or letter saying how much i miss them and go outside and let it go up into the sky.........told ya it was silly.
I guess writting and getting it out helps and releasing it and watching it go up to be delivered to them( i know they dont really get it) but thinking maybe they do helps! Watch that balloon until you can no longer see it and just relax......give it a try.
We all miss our loved ones after they are gone and they are forever in our hearts and heads....
HTH

Angel Lips
08-26-2004, 08:26 AM
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

YankeeMary
08-26-2004, 10:51 AM
{{MLayton1994}}

I know exactly where you are at :(

I lost my Sister(best friend) in 2000 and my Mom in 2002.
Something that has helped me tremendously is when i am upset or missing them terribly(which is daily) When i can i go buy a brightly colored helium balloon and as silly as it sounds i write a note or letter saying how much i miss them and go outside and let it go up into the sky.........told ya it was silly.
I guess writting and getting it out helps and releasing it and watching it go up to be delivered to them( i know they dont really get it) but thinking maybe they do helps! Watch that balloon until you can no longer see it and just relax......give it a try.
We all miss our loved ones after they are gone and they are forever in our hearts and heads....
HTH

Mama we lost our brother who was 21 and we do the balloon thing also...wild huh?

MLayton I am sorry and I pray that one day you find some kind of comfort, its a long hard road but you aren't alone...hugs.

Whitequeen39
08-26-2004, 11:01 AM
My son does the balloon thing too since he lost his grampa in 98...

{{mlayton1994}}

Vanilla
08-26-2004, 11:09 AM
I like the balloon idea! Finding a ritual that is unique to the person you are remembering can bring immense comfort. Sometimes I will light some Nag Champa incense -this is burned by Buddhist Monks during meditation.

joni1269
08-26-2004, 11:26 AM
{{{{{MLayton1994}}}}}

tigerskiss1963
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
sorry for your loss
i know how you feel my dad has been gone since 1999
and every year i still think of him i get so sad.
all i can offer you is a hug and hope you start feeling better

mlayton1994
08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Thank you for the kind words. Today is a little better but, tomorrow would have been the day we buried him. My brother went home to be with my mom today. I wished I could have.

thank you for all the idea's. I will try the candle and the balloon.

Lora_1994
08-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to talk, pm me. I'm willing to listen. (((( mlayton))))

EMSnurse
08-26-2004, 05:50 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} You will be in my thoughts, I wish you peace.

queenangie
08-26-2004, 07:58 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

jcw
08-26-2004, 10:23 PM
It's hard on those days isn't it? I feel you pain I really do. My dad died last year too. Some days are still so hard.I get to missing him so much. In some ways it seems the past year has been a lifetime but in other ways it seems like yesterday.Sometimes I think of him and smile others I cry. The emotions are really like a rollercoaster.Feel free to Pm me if you need to talk. I'm sending you a big big hug and hoping it can make you feel better for a minute.

msmom79
08-27-2004, 12:11 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mlayton1994}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} my thoughts are with you.i know how you feel its been 13 years for my father.a big hug to you also . ann

nanajoanie
08-27-2004, 02:34 PM
I like the balloon idea. My grocery store has free helium balloons for the kids or anyone else. I could get a yellow or orange one and write I LOVE YOU on it for Tice. Fantastic idea. I often get the birthday balloons for the parents graves instead of flowers. I could let the grandkidlettes let loose some balloons also :) :)