PDA

View Full Version : Printer/Ink refills question.

Tigerseye0420
08-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Has anyone ever tried the ink refills for printer ink cartridges? I would love to do this if it really works good and doesnt ruin the printer.

Thanks

booker'sbaby24
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
my husband tried it. it is kinda messy but works.

Tigerseye0420
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Is it messy coming out of the printer at first or messy filling it?

thedragonlady
08-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I've never had a problem doing it. You just spread a newspaper in case you drip. I've been doing it for three years now. I can take out a cartridge, refill it, put it back in the printer, re-align, and be back printing in less than five minutes.

justmehere
08-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Thats the only way I get my refills is to refill them myself...it isnt too messy if ya watch what you are doing and take your time...I fill both black/colored.. good tip though.. dont let your cartridges go dry.. they might not work as well when ya fill them.. at least I messed my colored one up that way...you can fill them 2-3 times before ya have to buy new.

Tigerseye0420
08-26-2004, 07:01 PM
What certain brands if any do you use? Or is it just pretty much any kind?/

Thank you all for the wonderful help!

Jessica

thedragonlady
08-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I have a Lexmark all-in-one so I go on eBay and buy Lexmark ink. Their ink has pigments in it that other inks do not have. If you go to this link:

www.alotofthings.com/index.html

look on the left and click on two things. 1.Support for Refillers, and 2.Tips & Tricks. This is a great site! I bought some ink from them through eBay. They show you how to refill every brand of cartridge and sell many brands of ink. They give TONS of tips on how to unplug cartridges and all kinds of stuff. On the right hand side you find a link to special pages to print so you can make sure you got any air out of your refill. I have the site bookmarked.

rlynn411
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
We did the refill thing once and I would never do it again. Its messy and wasnt worth the hassle. We don't print all that much and new cartridges for our scanner, copier, printer only cost about $25.

Tigerseye0420
08-27-2004, 07:45 PM
For us we basically need to try this as for our HP PSC 1350v ink costs $35 for the color cartridge alone not even to mention the black ink.

Thank you for the link Pamela!

Jessica

gothgirl
08-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I tried to refill mine once with one of those kits and had nothing but trouble from it. First of all I could never get the ink to inject properly into the cartridge and I got more on my hands than in it! When I did get a little ink into it and tried to print, the ink was smeary and it was just a mess. I hate the high costs of new cartridges but in the long run I think they are more worth it.

janelle
08-27-2004, 08:01 PM
My hubby won't mess with them either. You can donate them different places like at schools.