PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time to stop reading the news...

suziebee20
08-24-2004, 05:46 PM
I posted yesterday about a girl who went to Chapparel High School who got killed by driving to fast yesterday. Today I come home from the dentist and find this:

Meanwhile, another Chaparral High School student was fatally wounded Monday evening in what authorities believe was a gang-related drive-by shooting.

Jose Roberto Lopez, 17, was walking along the 2700 block of Bancroft Drive in Spring Valley when a passing vehicle fired several shots at him around 9 p.m.

Lopez was taken to Scripps Mercy Hospital, where he died from his wounds, Lt. Thomas Bennett said.

Witnesses were not able to provide authorities with a description of the vehicle or the shooter, who fled the scene, Bennett said.

Authorities believe the shooting may be gang-related.

Not only that, but this here, which happened in Santee where I live!!! Santee isn't a huge town at all, and Princess Arlene Drive is located .21 miles away from where I live.

The latest in a series of mysterious explosions woke up dozens of residents and broke several windows in Santee Tuesday, 10News reported.

Dozens of 911 calls started coming in about 1 a.m., and two people reported finding a window on their home shattered, Lt. Hope Andrews said.

"But not only did you hear it, you felt it. Your body shook, the whole house shook," one resident told 10News.

Some who went outside to investigate detected an odor they likened to smoke from gunpowder, Andrews said.

Over the last four months, as many as five such blasts reportedly have sounded in the area near Magnolia Avenue and Princess Arlene Drive, according to investigators. One occurred near Santana High School.

Deputies concluded that the latest probably occurred in a culvert under Princess Joann Road, the lieutenant said.

Investigators said they are concerned for the safety of the public, as well as the bomb makers who are believed to be teenagers.

buttrfli
08-24-2004, 06:35 PM
I stopped watching the news too... the only way I know if something happens by me is because my mom sends me the stories.

Murder/suicide/death is a daily thing here :(

YankeeMary
08-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Thats terrible...what happened to your thread from yesterday?

edited to add: I found it.