PDA

View Full Version : Slow cookers / crockpots

buttrfli
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a favorite site that has good crockpot recipes? I tried to google some, but I keep coming up with these outrageous sites.

Let me say that I hate (I mean HATE lol) cooking. I am trying to find some recipes so that I won't be standing in the kitchen for hours making. I just bought a crockpot recently because I like the idea of putting everything on in the morning and leaving it alone lol

TIA :)

jan8262
08-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I have a crockpot recipe book - let me know what kinds of things you like, and I can scan and send you some recipes!

I've had (someone else made) a kind of chicken and tortilla casserole that was great!

I actually have a roast going right now while I am at work

Have made all kinds of soups (bean soups etc)

spyfox
08-23-2004, 03:35 PM
http://www.cookingcache.com/crockpot.html

MsLynn
08-23-2004, 03:40 PM
www.cooks.com do a search for the word crockpot

hey i was at walmart and they had some ready made crock pot meals you just open the package and put it in the crockpot PRETTY COOL!!

Tasha405
08-23-2004, 04:18 PM
www.cooks.com do a search for the word crockpot

hey i was at walmart and they had some ready made crock pot meals you just open the package and put it in the crockpot PRETTY COOL!!I seen those too but I haven't tried any.

My mom takes a pork loin and puts it in a crockpot and lets it cook over night and makes BBQ's with it. Man, they are so good too. She just drains the juice from it, puts it back in the crockpot, adds whatever type of BBQ sauce she wants to use and lets it simmer for a little while. She just put it on a bun and adds some slaw. Mmmm. Now I want some. :o

thedragonlady
08-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Tasha,
I'm on my way to pick you up so we can go to your mom's. I've got a pork loin with me! Yummy!

Technologist
08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
My faovrite!

Put them in, in the following order.

Hot Italian Sausage.....peeled (if you want), cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces (enough to cover bottom, plus some.
1 Can of green (string) beans (Juice and all)
2 or 3 red potatoes, partially peeled and quartered.

Repeat layers, until crockpot is almost full!

Cook on high 3 hours, then you can either leave on low till dinner, or do what I do (refridge overnight, then reheat on high for an hour when you are ready to eat it...)

BE CAREFUL, the hot flavor from the sausage gets into EVERYTHING in the crockpot!

buttrfli
08-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Tech.. that sounds WONDERFUL!!! I am making a list and sending DH to the store tonight so I can make it this week :)

I also might vary it and try cabbage instead of green beans next week :)

catssass
08-23-2004, 08:31 PM
This is my FAVORITE site..it has everything from tips to desserts to soups.....

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

twinkiesmom
08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
[url]hey i was at walmart and they had some ready made crock pot meals you just open the package and put it in the crockpot PRETTY COOL!!
I think it's Hamburger Helper that makes it. I saw it yesterday too.

twinkiesmom
08-24-2004, 08:46 PM
This is my FAVORITE site..it has everything from tips to desserts to soups.....

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

this is an awesome site!! Thanx for sharing!

Airbuswife
08-24-2004, 09:21 PM
my experience with my crockpot is that you can literally throw anything you have on hand and let it cook for hours and it turns out great!! :D

Especially cheap or tough cuts of meat that are on special or clearance. throw them in with some soy sauce, ginger and a bit of orange marmalade and plenty of water and you have a great meat at the end of the day that just falls off your fork!

catssass
08-24-2004, 10:34 PM
this is an awesome site!! Thanx for sharing!

Your Welcome!!! if you poke around the recipes listed on the left side they have the best ones, some are so easy and different, I find I am trying something new from there at least once a week....