PDA

View Full Version : traderfeedback question

Nanc952
08-23-2004, 01:36 PM
I really don't know how to put this.
Had a trade with a lady, I sent her paypal and you know we all love that feedback. Get this email from her that she will post feedback for me when she see what I post about her. :eek:
I alway post good feedback from a good trader.
If my computer had not when down when have been freaking out my money was gone.
Her trade comes threw real good, but honest I don't know if I even want to post anything at all. When someone pays me I post right away and hope they do the right thing for me, not wait till they see what I say. (she is a new trader on the board and I was willing to help her get started but????????)
How do you all feel about this? Am I over reacting?

twinkiesmom
08-23-2004, 02:51 PM
If your trade was a good one . . . . post the fb as such. Then if she screws ya in the end on fb she leaves u, you can always go back and change yours. That's if you are talking about this board and not ebay. That is kind of a weird request on her part, but if the trade went ok, why not make a decent fb thread for her?

YankeeMary
08-23-2004, 03:42 PM
That kind of stuff ticks me off also. I pay you then you need to leave me feedback now, cause thats when I paid you. Waiting to see what my feedback says about you is just unacceptable and very selfish, but also very typical. I know how you feel but what can you do?

Willow
08-23-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't like it either when someone doesn't leave you feedback once they have received your payment. A few sellers on ebay have done that and it's aggravating. Most of the sellers I've dealt with have posted feedback as soon as they received payment but then there were a few who said they wanted to complete the deal first which basically meant that I was to post it first.

buttrfli
08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
I leave feedback when I receive payment, its only fair. When I buy something on Ebay, I refuse to leave feedback for a seller who holds feedback "hostage" ... if they want it, they will leave it for me.

I haven't ran into that problem here however.... I know that sometimes I have forgotten to leave feedback, but all I need is a little reminder... it would tick me off if someone told me that they would leave feedback AFTER I leave it for them when they already have my money.

Look at it this way, you can always go back and change it here.

Nanc952
08-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Feels like blackmail to me, you know you leave sugar and spice for me or else.
Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I alway go the extra mile in all my trades and have never runned into this before either.

cass2277
08-24-2004, 08:14 AM
I pay mostly with paypal,and i have not fiqured it out yet,why a lot of people dont find it necessary to leave feedback for someone that just paid them for the deal. I dealt with so many people that leave me feedback when i tell them that i received their end.
But they want me to leave them feedback as soon as i receive their end.
If someone told me that id go to paypal and take my money back ,and tell her to keep what ever it was she had !! I wouldnt care if she was a new person or whatever!!!
She would learn real fast how to talk to people!!!!!
cathy-------bruby22777@aol.com

cass2277
08-24-2004, 08:18 AM
[B]This is to all my friendly traders over the years!

As you all know by now,that i also lost my feedback thread. Im having such a hard time with this. I dont really know how to begin. So if we did some trades,i can leave you feedback,cause i know a lot of you lost yours too!
and i know how important it is ,to have feedback!
So if it wouldnt be so much of a bother,would you email me your feedback link,and let me know if we have traded/sell/sold/auction/ that is if you know.
Or even if you just remember dealing with me.Maybe you can remember just one trade we made,that will help me better remember. Ive looked at this board for so long,that mostly every name is familiar,except the new names and there are a lot of them! Ive had some great deals on this board!! And i feel so bad that i cant remember all the names :confused: :confused:
Please do not PM me,cause i have a hard time using it.
my email is.............bruby22777@aol.com
MY OLD EMAIL WAS..........bruby2277@wmconnect.com(if we dealt a real long time ago!!
Also ,i rarely send payment thru the mail,but have been known to do it a few times.
I mostly send money thru paypal!!
I just want to make sure im sending feedback to the right person. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Thanks a bunch. cathy :) :) :) :) :)

andreame70
08-24-2004, 12:32 PM
I know on ebay a lot of sellers do this on purpose. I will try to explain why they do this the best that I can. Each party (the buyer and the seller) can only respond a maximum of two times about each auction.

If the seller leaves positive feedback first, then the buyer can come in and post negative feedback after they receive the item. When the seller sees the negative feedback, they can only respond once more (and in a very small area) to the negative, then the buyer still has one more chance to respond where they could make even more negative remarks. At that time, neither one of them can publicly respond any more.

If the seller waits until the buyer responds first, then the buyer has their first remark and the seller is left with two more times to respond. Basically, it makes the seller feel that they have the upper hand, by having the last word in the matter and more space to make remarks.

I am not saying it is right, I am just saying this is my take on why they do this on ebay. I hope that it makes sense.

Andrea

mom2cvam
08-24-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't like it either when someone doesn't leave you feedback once they have received your payment. A few sellers on ebay have done that and it's aggravating. Most of the sellers I've dealt with have posted feedback as soon as they received payment but then there were a few who said they wanted to complete the deal first which basically meant that I was to post it first.

I've had this happen to me the last couple of times on Ebay and it is very aggravating. I payed by paypal as soon as the auction ended. I emailed her to let her know that I had made payment and very nicely asked her if she could leave me feedback. I left her positive feedback because the items did come real fast and were in good shape, I emailed her again to let her know that I had left positive feedback and asked again very nicely if she could leave feedback for me as well. I never got another email nor did I get positive feedback. If I had gotten positive feedback for all the auctions I've won I'd have a higher rating then I do now. :( I'm very good about taking a minute or two to leave appropriate feedback. I'm sure if the auction went bad they would leave negative feedback in a heartbeat. I just wish they would leave positive feedback as well. :o I've never been told that they would leave feedback after I left it for them, although I'm sure thats basically what some of them have done.