PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a Ford Focus???

PrincessArky
08-23-2004, 07:34 AM
I am looking for a bit of help. I have a 2000 ford focus bought new in 1999 and have had little trouble out of it. Except for one thing, twice now my ignition switch has broken. We had it fixed 10 months ago but according to the warranty we are over our limit in miles to have it fixed for free this time. When we got ours fixed there was another ford focus being repaired for the exact same problem. After talking to Ford today they said that if in fact enough owners called and complained with the same problem it could in fact become a recall (I have had about 7 or 8 others so far). So if you or someone you know owns one and has had this problem please please call Ford and complain to get it on the record. Their number is 1-800-392-3973

iluvmybaby
08-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I second what Tina says I have a 93 Ford and the fastest way to mess up your ignition is to have a heavy key ring, speaking from personal experience! :)

PrincessArky
08-23-2004, 12:25 PM
wow I never thought of that..........I dont have a heavy one but i think hubbys would be a bit much.....you think those jerks would have told me that when i took it in the first time.......I used to love this car and only bought ford cars.......having baby 4 in january so I have to get something bigger and I bet you can all guess it wont be a ford this time