PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion on the convertible...

Peanut818
08-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Crib

I'm expecting a baby boy in January and DH & I have been checking out cribs and dresser and all the jazz that goes along with having a baby. We are planning to have more than one (just not at one time), we've really been looking at the convertible cribs that go from crib to toddler bed to day bed to full size bed and now I'm wondering if that will be worth the extra money and if they even work right. So I'm asking for any mom's or dad's out there to give me there feedback.

JKATHERINE
08-21-2004, 05:35 AM
I can't give you any specific feedback as to the actual conversion, but I can tell you that we have a convertible crib and it's very well made so I think it will do just fine... :)

Elijah'sMommy
08-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Love them!! My son had one that we used up until we moved in our new home (he was 5 1/2 at the time). I bought that crib at a yard sale, converted it to the toddler daybed, then once we moved, we bought the older boys bunk beds. When we bought cribs for the twins, we went with the convertible again...its still in crib formation. I just think it's neat that years down the road, he can use parts of his crib as his bed. I'm sentimental that way! We did spend extra on the twins and bought wood instead of the metal ones. My son's (because I got it at a yard sale) was very expensive originally (about $500-$600...the owner was plastic surgeon). IMO, I think it's the most practical option.

bribella
08-21-2004, 07:56 AM
We have a convertible crib that we bought for Briana , we paid about $500 for it brand new about 3yrs ago and we have never even used it. We now have it set up as a toddler bed and are hoping that Bella will use it someday. If not then I guess we can always sell it on ebay. They are nice and are much more practical than a traditional crib.

Momof2totsand1teen
08-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Guess I am an oddball. I like changing my kids room decor every few years. When my 2 little boys were old enough to be out of the crib they had a toddler "race car bed". Now that they are 5 and 6, they are in beds that their dad custom made. My youngest teethed on the wood of the headboard of his crib, not on the plastic coated rail on the side. The crib was dark wood and it really showed.

Peanut818
08-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Thank you all very much for the input, I just feel so stupid looking at this stuff and not really knowing what to look for except that it is sturdy!

Tasha405
08-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I also like mine. Well my baby is only 11 months old but the crib part has been great so far. LOL

I'm not sure if I will use it as a full side bed though because her room is little and that big bed would take up most of it. If we happen to move and get her a bigger room then I know I will use it. :)

HumblePie98
08-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Guess I am an oddball. I like changing my kids room decor every few years. When my 2 little boys were old enough to be out of the crib they had a toddler "race car bed". Now that they are 5 and 6, they are in beds that their dad custom made. My youngest teethed on the wood of the headboard of his crib, not on the plastic coated rail on the side. The crib was dark wood and it really showed.

I change my son's room around alot too. When we had Brenten we used the crib I had when I was a baby. (we did have to buy a mattress) It was in great shape and met all the safety guidelines. When he was about 11 months we bought him a toddler bed at a yard sale for 5.00's. Last summer I bought a captains bed from someone for only 25.00's. The mattress and box springs were still in the bag. The bed itself doesn't have 1 mark on it.

I prefer it that way. Last summer he was into Power rangers and we did his room that way. This year it's spiderman. So it's easier for me to change thinsg the way he wants them.