PDA

View Full Version : Low carb milk

freeplease
08-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Has anyone tried that new low carb milk yet? It's like twice the price of regular 2%, and if it's icky, I'd rather be forewarned. I'm seriously thinking of trying it, but I'm so cheap, I'd HAVE to drink it no matter how it tasted. ;)

caides_mom
08-20-2004, 04:27 PM
i did~and didn't like it!!! it had a sweet flavor~hubby said that i just didn't like it cause it was diet food~get this i didn't want to trash it so i thought hey sit it out and let it clabber and gve it to the dogs~it NEVER did clabber!

MsLynn
08-20-2004, 04:30 PM
i tried the chocolate, and it was NASTY!!!

withnohalo
08-20-2004, 04:37 PM
I tried the low carb soy milk. It is not sweet, at all. But it is good for making protein shakes. Here is BC it is $2.99 this week. Regular milk here is $3.59 but that is for twice the amout you get in the low carb box.

Tasha405
08-20-2004, 07:26 PM
I like the Hood brand low carb milk. The chocolate is my favorite. I've never drunk the plain regular milk though, I've just always used it with food. lol

I think the chocolate tastes like a mix between a yoohoo and a milk shake. Its really not to bad.

Shancopp
08-20-2004, 09:10 PM
I have tried the chocolate Carb Countdown and it was good...got the white CC for coffee...fewer carbs than heavy cream or half/half. MIL brought me some of the "LC" carnation instant breakfast...will have to get some CC milk to mix with it...if I can bring myself to use it...still pretty high in carbs if you ask me.

justinenycole26
08-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Hood's is really good. The chocolate has a rich dutch chocolate taste. I would not recommend ther whole milk version, I have heard that it is rather thick. The 2% was just fine for me, the whole would have been too much.
It does not go bad nearly as fast as regular milk.

justme23
08-20-2004, 10:35 PM
I LOVE milk... which is a problem because I'm lactose intollerant... anyways, I've tried all the Hoods milk... I can tell no difference between them and regular milk (but that may be because I just don't care how it tastes as long as it's not rotten, just give me milk). And better than the taste, it doesn't make me sick like regular milk!!! So even tho I'm not on Atkins, I still drink this stuff when I don't want to have soy milk.

treasurymae
08-21-2004, 06:23 AM
i like hoods and also i've tried the Carb countdown regular and chocolate. I agree the chocolate taste like a yoohoo or maybe kinda a chocolate shake. I liked it. Havent tried the low carb soy but want to. The CC chocolate is so thick i can only handle one glass a day but it is good.