PDA

View Full Version : I want to get Katelyn's ears pierced.....

ChristiNate
08-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Everywhere I have been reading says 3 months is safe. When did you pierce your daughters ears? How did she react?

TIA!

Quaker_Parrots
08-19-2004, 02:14 PM
5 1/2 months. she was asleep, when the first one went in, it woke her up, made her mad, and she threw a hissy.

Urban Cowgirl
08-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Chloe was 6 months......made her very mad but she got over it quickly. My Mom took pics and in an instant she goes ffom being happy and smiling...to bawling and angry...to ok and content. LOL I think the longer you wait the worse it is.

Out2Lunch
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
I still haven't had my 4 1/2 year old DD's pierced. She wants it done really bad, but I know once she gets one done, she wont do the other!!LOL I'll have to have two people do it at once! Anyway, I love to see little baby girls with their ears pierced, they look so cute. I just have a few reasons I chose not to do it until now!

captorquewrench
08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I waited until the girls were old enough to choose on their own.

One was 7, the other almost 9 when they got them done. No problems at all!

The 4 y ear old hasn't even asked yet.

Willow
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I was mine done on my 2nd birthday. My mother had them done at a jewelry store she used to go to. My daughter was 10 months old when I had hers done. They gave her a little teddy bear to hold onto. They pierced her ears and she didn't make a sound but when they took the bear away she screamed. I had to go and buy her a teddy bear. lol

ChristiNate
08-19-2004, 02:44 PM
They pierced her ears and she didn't make a sound but when they took the bear away she screamed. I had to go and buy her a teddy bear. lol

How funny!!!! :D

DaLilPeachy
08-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Alexis was 3 and she begged - I did it at Claires and she seemed so SHOCKED that it hurt LOL. For the little one - I've heard you can get it done at the Dr. It may not make it better but at least it'll be clean.
By the way I remember being 2 and going to Gemco to get mine done and I remember how much it hurt so younger is probably better

sheilassecret
08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
I had Trisha's done when she was 4 months old. I'm glad I had it done when I did because she did not have to coordination at that point to play with her ears much. I had no trouble keeping them clean and she never got any infection from it.

When it was done she cried for about 40 seconds and it was over.

rlynn411
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
I had my daughters done at 4 months old. She screamed for about a minute then she feel asleep. The one thing I did do was take her to good jewlery store to have it done vs. Walmart, Claries etc. I bought 14K gold earrings with the screw on clasps. She didn't have any trouble with the piercing.

mom2cvam
08-19-2004, 03:38 PM
We did my youngest's ears when she was 3 months old. She didn't even cry. Our 9 year old dd had hers done when she was 1 at claire's and they got infected and we had nothing but problems with them. When we did our youngest's ears we re-did hers (she was 4 then) and we've had no problem with them at all. The youngest never messed with them, she doesn't even realize they are there half the time. Once in awhile she'll decide she wants new earrings, like now for her first day of "big girl" school. Otherwise we just clean them when she takes a bath. When we did both of theirs together, we did them at home with a kit I got from the jewelry store. It had the good 14k earrings in them and when we could change them we put the earrings with the screw on backs in.

Good luck!

adorkablex
08-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Uhm I think I was 7 weeks old when my Mom had mine pierced. Didn't harm me in anyway.. and I still have the piercings :)

sweet~n~sassy
08-19-2004, 05:07 PM
I had Kera's done when she was 4 months and Katelin's were done when she was a week old.

ahippiechic
08-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Kaitlyn's were done at 2 weeks old.

bribella
08-19-2004, 06:49 PM
I've yet to get both my DD's ears pierced, I want to but DH says that we should wait until they ask to have them done :( On the other hand I got my ears first pierced when I was about 1yr and havent had any probs I now have about 11 holes total in my ears but I never wear earrings anymore.

Mystic32
08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I had my Dot`s done at 4 mos. old. She is 3 1/2 now. Never had any problems. I had her ears marked & 2 people doing it at the same time. Her ears were cleaned daily with alcohol & I constantly kept twisting them.

Airbuswife
08-19-2004, 10:44 PM
I"m a believer of "when they ask" so when dd was 7, she asked for her birthday and took her to a jewelry store that two people could do it at once, JUST INCASE!! I'm so glad i did, it went quickly with all pain at once, no anticipation of "i have to do this AGAIN??? " :(
I cried more than she did, i was soooo proud of her! :D

I am also one of those people who have 12 holes in my ears, 9 of them i did by myself, just to impress someone when i was in young love :rolleyes:

My dd has now decided this year for her 10th birthday that she wants the top of her ear pierced! She wants it, but she's scared so i told her i'd do mine (again!) first, to let her see how it is and help her to be brave :D

Army-Mom
08-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Christal was 7 when I got hers done. I also have a total of 11 holes in my ears also..I got Christals second hole when she was 12 , she is now 25 and dont even wear earrings.. :rolleyes:

Tasha405
08-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Courtney is 11 months old today and I still haven't had hers done. I've wanted to but I just haven't got brave enough yet. I can't even stand it when she gets her shots so I can't make myself get hers done. lol My MIL keeps telling me to wait until she can decide for herself but everyone else thinks I should. All my DH said was that he wasn't going to stand around and watch it. LOL I think my MIL wants me to wait because she never had hers done and she hopes Courtney won't either. lol

Good luck if you decide to go through with it! :)

bribella
08-20-2004, 07:27 AM
It's funny everyone who sees my Bella always asks if her ears are pierced because she has these 2 indentations on both ears right where you would get her ears pierced LOL!

sharinbo
08-20-2004, 01:50 PM
I had Cadence's done at 10.5 weeks old. They said the minimum age was 12 weeks, or after they'd had their first set of shots, I showed them her shot records and we were good to go. How did she react? Like someone was poking big ol holes in her ears! lol She yelled awhile but was asleep when we got out to the car and never seemed to notice them after that. (so far)

caides_mom
08-20-2004, 02:26 PM
i'm gonna let my little girl do it when she gets old enough and wants to do it own her own, i don't think it's my choice to make~it is hers

kriskay
08-20-2004, 10:22 PM
We did Kayla's for her 4th birthday. They were supposed to do them both at the same time, but the one girl didn't go on 3 like she was supposed to. It took us an hour of walking around the mall to convince her to do the other one. LOL!!!! Then when she was 7 she spent a week with the ex and he took them out and they closed up. So, now I am just going to wait until she says she wants them done again.

kygirl71
08-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Cheyenne was 5 when she had a hissy to get hers pierced. She was calm, cool and collected til that first one went in. She sat there for a minute then she screamed bloody murder. We had to hold her down for the second one. :(
Stormi is now 12 weeks old, I'm in no hurry to go thru that again. :eek:

Peanut818
08-21-2004, 12:00 AM
My mom had mine pierced when I was three the first one went in then I took off running and screaming. They then became infected on and off until I was five no matter how well or how much she cleaned them, finally my step dad got pi$$ed and told my mom that's enough take them out and leave them out, (we did try the plastic earrings that are suppossed to be ultra sensitive and the better earrings for sensitive ears to no avail). We left them out, then when I was 13 I decided I wanted to try to wear earrings again and they went right back in my holes never closed, I haven't really had a problem since then, but ocassionally my ears will itch if I haven't worn any for a while. I don't know why I just typed all of that it really has nothing to do with what you are asking, but I think parents should wait until the child can talk and understand what will happen and if they still want it done DO IT. Don't flame me it's just my opinion

ChristiNate
08-23-2004, 09:16 AM
We have decided to wait. Since Katelyn is a belly sleeper, the posts would poke her in the head :eek:

Plus, DH said he thinks we should wait untill she is old enough to ask, whick I agreed.

But, babies just look so darn cute with pierced ears....

I guess I'll have to wait :(