PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Medical Question

Tasha405
08-18-2004, 12:32 PM
A few weeks (or months) ago I hit my middle finger against a book shelf and I think I may have broken it. It bent my finger straight down to the palm of my hand from the top knuckle. I couldn't use it or bend it for a while. Now I have a big knot about the size of a quarter or so on the top part of hand. Its like where your hand and wrist meet. My wrist is weak and I can't put much pressure on my hand. What could this be? Should I be worried? Do I need to go see a doctor?

TIA! lol

captorquewrench
08-18-2004, 01:02 PM
any time something hurts and doesn't get better, or is not normal as far as you know your body...you should be concerned and see your doc.

lisarae
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
It sounds like a ganglian (sp) cyst to me. My husband had one of those before. Im not sure what caused it though. It went away on its own, dr told him they are common and not to bother it. Some people said to bust it with a book or shut it in the door. LOL but don't do that.

Just see a dr they will tell you what it is, better safe than sorry.

YankeeMary
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
any time something hurts and doesn't get better, or is not normal as far as you know your body...you should be concerned and see your doc.

I agree 100%...go be checked...could be so many different things, but when your hands are involved by all means get it taken care of ASAP. Trust me, after an injury, I developed a nerve disease in my entire arm, I just hurt my thumb. Please don't wait around.

captorquewrench
08-18-2004, 01:10 PM
It sounds like a ganglian (sp) cyst to me. My husband had one of those before. Im not sure what caused it though. It went away on its own, dr told him they are common and not to bother it. Some people said to bust it with a book or shut it in the door. LOL but don't do that.

Just see a dr they will tell you what it is, better safe than sorry.

I had a ganglion many years ago. It's a cyst or unnatural growth of neural tissue. mine was very large and had to be surgically removed. Using the door or book method can result in complications. It's best to see the doc.

Tasha405
08-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks yall! I really hate going to the doctor so I have been trying to put it off for as long as I can but I'm starting to get worried about it. Thanks again! :)