PDA

View Full Version : ebay question/help

Alura
08-16-2004, 11:39 AM
I need advise from experienced ebayers. I'm a newbie and I purchased an accessory set form my china--butter dish, napkin rings, sugar, creamer etc. I won the auction and paid via pay pal. I have sent two emails to the seller asking when the items would be shipped and have not received a reply. How long should it take someone to ship something like that from Pennsylvania to New York. Why isn't the person responding to my emails, and last of all, should I be nervous? I won the auction on Saturday, August 7th :confused:

BigLyd1
08-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Did the person have positive feedback? If so, I wouldn't worry... even though it's been over a week. And I haven't had to do it but I guess you can file a complaint with PayPal if the seller doesn't come through. I hope things work out for you.

Eyore
08-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Sometimes the sellers just don't answer emails. I have bought things and requested that they let me know when they mail it. They don't, it just shows up. From PA to NY should only take 2-3 days if that I would think.
Have you checked your feedback to see if they left you any. I have seen where they will put it in feedback that they have shipped.
Another thing. I have sold on ebay and I contacted the person that bought from me. Come to find out that person wasn't getting my emails. I had to use like a hotmail account to communicate with this person.
If you have a hotmail or yahoo account send them a different email through that and just put you haven't heard from them so you are using a different email address in case they haven't recieved your other emails. I have gotten responses when I have done that.
Good Luck hope you get your items soon.

Quaker_Parrots
08-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Just remember, you only have 30 days from the time of paying to file a complaint with paypal. If you don't receive your auction within the next week-2 weeks, I would seriously think about filing a complaint before it is too late, and you can't get your money back.

Alura
08-17-2004, 05:59 AM
great suggestion. I tried emailing them by going to another auction they were having and clicking on ask seller a questions. She finally answered last night and told me she shipped it a couple of days ago. Thanks

BigEasy
08-17-2004, 06:33 AM
:confused: I'd want to know why she didn't have the courtesy to respond to your emails!! Good communication is essential to building your business and seller reputation. Some people just don't get it I guess.