PDA

View Full Version : Why did we even bother?

sharinbo
08-13-2004, 10:35 PM
We got behind on alot of bills when we had to move not too long ago. Our cable internet and tv were in danger of being shut off, but we were able to enter into a payment agreement with Cox. We made our first two payments on time, the most recent one just this last Wednesday,and today...THEY SHUT US OFF! No warning, nothing. Hubby called and spoke to them for over an hour and got nowhere. Oh wait...they offered to waive the measly $15 reconnect fee if we could come right down and pay the balance. Ummm...DUH? If I had that money just lying around I wouldn't BE in this situation! They say they called us twice to tell us they were going to shut us off...funny how we have NO MESSAGES and NO calls from them on my Caller ID. They said they sent us a letter on the 3rd...we never got it. They say that the woman who helped us enter into the payment agreement didn't make any notes on our account so they didn't know about the agreement. :confused: :mad: But will they turn it back on, since it's their mistake? NO WAY! I'm only able to get online because my mom is letting us sign in on her AOL account. Honestly, if I'd known they were going to shut us off anyway, I sure wouldn't have bothered skimping on other bills and food, etc, just to be sure THEY got paid. Why did we bother?
Then we got the joy of dealing with my 14 yr old brother who seems to think he knows better than all adults and will do and say and act any way he wants to. He was SUCH a jerk today...I was ready to kick him out of the car and make him walk the few miles to his mom's new house.
As if that weren't enough "fun", my poor baby is teething I think. She usually settles down for the night around 8:30pm...and at 11:30, she JUST fell asleep. She's restless and I doubt she stays asleep long. I gave her some Tylenol, and then put some baby Orajel on her lower gums and she finally stopped screaming. She almost never cries, but tonight...whew! She made up for it! I just wish I could take her pain away from her, whatever it is.
There's more....but I'm too tired to vent anymore so I'm going to bed to hope I wake up and find out that today was all a bad dream.

Blackberry
08-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to say Sorry that you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better for you. (((HUGS)))

Angel Lips
08-14-2004, 04:56 AM
sorry you had such a horrible day, i hope the next day is a much brighter and happier day for you. (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

dangerousfem
08-14-2004, 05:06 AM
Try going down to your local cable office and taking to someone.. I have found that when you are face to face with them, they tend to hlep you more than the cs reps on the phone. Hope things get better soon.... let you little one chew on plain frozen waffles... the cold will help her gms.. and its better for her then the orajel... orajel is good .. but after a while it stops working.. but the cold will really feel good on her gums.

sharinbo
08-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks, I will try the waffle trick on Cadi's poor little gums. She is drooling like mad, her bibs get soaked super quickly, and she is gnawing on her fists and chewing on her fingers almost constantly. I have only used the Orajel one time, which was last night. I know it doesn't do much for me when I have tooth pain, but I wanted to get her over the hump last night. She did wake up about 5 times last night but just needed some cuddling and rocking to settle back down. She usually sleep through the night, so I know something's bothering her.
We are trying to find an antenna of some sort to hook up to our tv. I keep trying to tell myself that this is probably a blessing in disguise and will give us time to pay down other bills before we get Cox turned back on....but I still cry every time I think about all my saved email that's now gone. I had some pics in there that I was saving, etc. I'm VERY angry about being lied to by Cox, but I guess when you are in a position of power over others it's easy to do whatever you want to them. <sigh>
Anyway, we are going to make a run over to my mom's new house to hook up her cable and internet for her and drop off some more of her belongings.
Thanks for the advice and for listening.

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Just giving you a ((((((HUG))))))

mom2cvam
08-14-2004, 09:32 AM
We've "been there, done that" with our cable company at one time or another. We've even gone though it with our electric company a few years back. The cable company we just left it off until things improved financially for us, we told ourselves it was one less bill we had each month. The electric we fought and finally got the power turned back on and had a payment arrangement done up in writing. It was a mess and a headache but we got through it and you will too. I know what its like when your poor baby is teething. I went through four of them and each time I wished I could take their pain away. :( (((Hugs to you and Cadi)))

Willow
08-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Sorry things are rough for you right now. I didn't realize that cable companies allowed payment plans. Comcast doesn't. They give you a seven day extension past the due date and then if you haven't paid the past due amount they will shut you off. Also they only allow you an extension once every six months. It's happened to my neighbor a couple of times. Every so often she will call me and ask if my cable is out and then she realizes she didn't pay her bill. lol I hope things get better for you soon.

farren
08-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Something I'm not getting here. I have outlook express and even if my cable weren't available, I can still see any emails I've saved. Did you have to go directly to the cox site to get your mail? If so, then when you do get it back on, they should still be there. Sorry for what's going on and I do hope at least that you can retreive your emails.

laughsalot
08-14-2004, 09:05 PM
{{{{{Sharinbo}}}}

Tasha405
08-17-2004, 06:12 AM
{{{{Hugs}}}}

booker'sbaby24
08-17-2004, 07:01 AM
I would give her some infant's motrin for teething. it will last longer than tylenol. i am sorry to hear about your situation.