PDA

View Full Version : Kiss that job off...(long)

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 11:48 AM
OK i went to the interview this morning and i dont think i am gonna be able to pursue this one for several reasons.......

I have to go thru a NATIONAL security check and i know its not gonna fly :(
I have never ever been arrested or in any trouble in my life but i have issues with my birth certificate and SS card.
My parents named me Christina and that is what is on my birth certificate but on my SS card it says "Tina" which is what i have always gone by, why my mother put Tina on my SScard i have no clue..Sometime in 1974(when i was 13yo)my mother listed me as Tina and not Christina for a replacement SScard..I had a big problem last year getting into housing because of it not matching.and it was a mess....Legal name change is the only way to make both BC and SS match they tell me and i dont have the $ to do that....I have always been Tina and all my life my income tax returns, marriages,divorces have all been in TINA"...aaRRGGHH!

Also when i was 16(way back) i had went into the Army and didnt make it thru boot camp(yeah im a wimp long story) and i have no clue where or what happen to my DD214 and that in itself could take months to get or clear up.:(
I also have to account for every"MONTH" for the last seven yrs and if unemployed at any time give a name of a person who can verify i was unemployed...hassle to me since i have moved so much in last two yrs!
Not sure if i am gonna pursue all this for $9 an hr ya know........

Angel Lips
08-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I am sorry (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

nanajoanie
08-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I had a friend that had her maiden name and her 2 different married name on different documents and stuff. What a hassle but she went to SS with proof of her birth certificate and got that changed. Then she got everything else changed one at a time. It was "headache # 23". Please don't give up or you will have this problem forever. Try to get it all changed to just one name. Good luck whatever you decide. I know how much you wanted this job.

buttrfli
08-13-2004, 11:57 AM
{{HUGS}} sorry it didn't work out... maybe its a sign of something better coming your way! :)

DivineMsDi
08-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Sorry you may have problems with this. You were far too nice to work for INS anyhow!!!

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah the name thing has only been a hassel since 9/11 and i moved to Mo.

all my life i have been Tina and now they just dont accept Tina as short for Christina and think im out to get the world.......lol

All this is not worth it for $9 and hr...maybe if it would of been $20 and up :)
Back to the temp services Tues as i need to find a job!

Buttrfli~ Maybe ;)

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:05 PM
OK here's a job description tell me if it would of been worth it :

Its at the National record center where all the INS files are kept.....she said there are "80 million" files there.....yes million and i only saw on file cave......This place is underground caves and HUGE!

You pull and file up to 10,000 a day and i would be pulling and filing them!

Whatcha think?

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-13-2004, 12:07 PM
you can get your form DD214 in two weeks. Go to your local recruiter (what ever branch you were in) they will help you out.

take your BC to the SS office,they will change it over...but first change your driver's lisense to show Christina (this will be your second form of ID needed to get the new card :)

Been there done it

buttrfli
08-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Its at the National record center where all the INS files are kept.....she said there are "80 million" files there.....yes million and i only saw on file cave......This place is underground caves and HUGE!

Whatcha think?

Kinda depends on what your city's job situation is like. If there is nothing but fast food jobs, I'd go for it, but if you are qualified for much more and there are other jobs available, I'd go in that direction. To me $9 dosen't seem worth it.... but what do I know, I haven't worked outside of this house in 11 years :eek: LOL

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Whatcha think?

Benifits?

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
you can get your form DD214 in two weeks. Go to your local recruiter (what ever branch you were in) they will help you out.
take your BC to the SS office,they will change it over...but first change your driver's lisense to show Christina (this will be your second form of ID needed to get the new card

Stopped by recruiters ofc on way home and they say i have to call St louis records division since i got out in 1980.......

DMV would not issue me license in Christine because i have no other ID in that name(like SS card).....ARGHH!

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Benifits?

Not fully covered and you pay for them but reasonable i hear

DAVESBABYDOLL
08-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Your DD214 will be a second...is it in Christina?

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Kinda depends on what your city's job situation is like. If there is nothing but fast food jobs, I'd go for it, but if you are qualified for much more and there are other jobs available, I'd go in that direction. To me $9 dosen't seem worth it.... but what do I know, I haven't worked outside of this house in 11 years :eek: LOL

I have mostly done answering service , call center work and medical dispatching(you reach me after hours when your kid is sick and i call Dr at home)
There is work around here but this seemed good so i applied....

Not worth it for $9 tho to me either

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Your DD214 will be a second...is it in Christina?

Heck i dont even remember if it is......

I am on hold now with St louis and have been for going on 24 mins......

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:32 PM
ok got thru to St louis........

Because of privacy act the oh so very nice gentlemen can only tell me that yes i have a Military file but he can not tell me if in fact i have a DD214 :(

I have to fax a request for my records and that he say take 60-90 days to recieve.....
And yes my records are under Christina A. ****** :D

Calling SS next!

Willow
08-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh I'm sorry. :( I hope you can get things sorted out.

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 12:49 PM
OK recruiter guy is calling St louis to see if he can get it faster for me>.....what a doll :)

SS tells me i have to do legal name change to change SS card to Christina or get amended BC.....to which i have to contact Ft Dix NJ.......

I say scrape it and go for the recruiter hottie...lol

jedmatters
08-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Got to the courhouse and ask if you can get an affidavit of indigency.
Then ask where the county law library is (usually upper floor of a courthouse)
Ask the law librarian where you can find forms for change of name.
Copy them. Go home type them out, filling in all the blanks. Give the true reason why you want the name change (all the way back to your 13th year of age).
State it is not for any criminal act.
Sign it. Copy your birth certificate, and SS card and attched the copies to the forms.
Have the affidavit notarized. Take it back to the county clerk. File it there. With the affidavit of indigency you pay nothing. Ask what court you were assigned to. (They should do that immediately). Then go up to the judge's secretary and ask for a court date to be set ASAP. Usually done in less than 30 days. If you have to have it served, ask for public posting at the courthouse. That just means someone will place it in the bulletin board at the courthouse for 20 days usually.

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Ok here is what i am gonna do:
NOT DOING NAME CHANGE!!!!

I have the recruiter guy working on getting me a DD214 :) Ahhhh he's so sweet!

I am gonna shoot to get my BC amended and have TINA put on it instead of Christina........less$ to get done.

I dont wanna change my name back to Christina as it will cause problems if i ever need to get records of taxes or work records or whatever since i have always been known as Tina.........
If i do name change then i have to go by Christina and no one will have record of me ever working for them as Christina so to amend the BC seems easier...........right?
I am gonna get all this crap straightened out so i dont have future problems..but i am not gonna bust it for the $9 job :(

stresseater
08-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Isn't it rediculas the different hoops they make you jump thru for a job. I too am going thru something like that(only different ;) :D ) Hope you get it all worked out.

buglebe
08-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Is all of this problem because of /since 9/11? My dh got a very high security clearance with Jerry on ss card and Alfred on all other records. This was way before 9/11 though. It still hasn't been changed. Maybe we should look into getting it corrected.

MamaFairal
08-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Is all of this problem because of /since 9/11?

Yes its because of 9/11

halvarado
08-13-2004, 07:54 PM
my dh tells me all about the caves EVERY single time we go by themLOL i would not think that the job itself is worth it, but it sounds like getting it taken care of for the future will be good:)
good luck finding something :D

tsquared
08-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Mama.........If you want it bad enough then do it and things will fall in place, dont let a little red tape make you quit................show these people that you really want to be a part of their team. Go Mama hunker down and get to work on making it a reality for you!!!!!!!!!!!

stresseater
08-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Not all of the hireing problems are because of 911 some were here long before that. The govt. should stay out of hireing with the exception of ,is the worker a legal citizan or allowed to work in the US legally. :mad: :mad:

jedmatters
08-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Acually, changing the birth certificate is the same thing. When they change your name, they alter your birth certificate.

YankeeMary
08-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I agree with T if you want it go for it...I hope you get what you want in the end.

bell_peaches
08-13-2004, 10:32 PM
If your gut feeling is not worht the hassle then go with that. Good luck finding the right job for you. prayers Good vibes and (((((((HUGS))))))

Tadbit
08-13-2004, 10:51 PM
If your gut feeling is not worht the hassle then go with that. Good luck finding the right job for you. prayers Good vibes and (((((((HUGS))))))
MamaF, I agree with bell. I know you wanted the job at first and we all wanted it for you, but if your gut feeling says it's not worth it, then maybe you would be better off looking elsewhere. That's how I look at it, because you may end up not liking the job after all the hassle. I'd go ahead and get your name thing changed though for the future, but hey, you were looking for a job, when you found that one, right? You'll find another, and maybe it will be even better. ((((((Hugs))))))) cuz I know you need them right now, but we'll keep you in our prayers that something good will happen, whether it's that job or another. Hang in there sweetie.

MamaFairal
08-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Acually, changing the birth certificate is the same thing. When they change your name, they alter your birth certificate.

Changing my BC would not change my name as i am already known as Tina and thats what i want on my BC instead of Christina....

jedmatters
08-14-2004, 11:44 AM
I was just saying that it is a legal document and you have to have a court order to change the birth certificate. I am just trying to save you some time and confusion later on.

MamaFairal
08-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Ty :)

twinkiesmom
08-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Looks like u already put alot into getting this job, so u never know. U might get it. Don't blow it off yet. Myself, the jobs I really think I don't even have a chance on getting . . . . I end up getting. That's why I like coming out of an interview thinkin "forget it, it aint gonna happen" Cuz when I think I've done real good at the interview, it ends up being a disappointment anyway. Good luck.