PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME! This is what i got in my email

gruslave
08-12-2004, 06:46 AM
*** CONGRATULATIONS!!! ***

You just won $100 of CASH!

Every month, All You Submitters is giving members random cash prizes. This month, your account is the one of 10 top winners accounts who will get cash prizes from us.

Then there is a link and ...

To get your money, please click on the link below and follow instructions on our web site:

Your money will be paid directly to your account.

We hope, you are having a great day!

Is this a phony email, i don't know AYS giving away random prizes, and the fact is i hardly click, not everyday, maybe once a every five days, i click about 20+ links. Someone please tell me

Sunshine00
08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
I got the same thing..I clicked on it.but can't redeem the $100 because I don't have an e-gold account..not a GOLD member either.. :(

gruslave
08-12-2004, 06:49 AM
I got the same thing..I clicked on it.but can't redeem the $100 because I don't have an e-gold account..not a GOLD member either.. :(
Is it legit. Do you have to redeem by egold? :confused:

Sunshine00
08-12-2004, 07:01 AM
from what I could tell it is.. I checked my account and nothing was deducted.. lmao

When I clicked on it..this is what it said:

CONGRATULATIONS!
You just won $100 of CASH!

Please click the button below to get your money:

I clicked that and it said:

A problem occured while sending payment:

YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE AYS GOLD GAMES CLUB

Only AYS Gold Games Club members can receive their prizes in cash.

If you want to become the Gold Games Club member, please fill out the registration form below. Once you become a member, your prize will be paid directly to your account.

Please note: If you do not apply for the AYS Gold Games Club membership, your prize will be returned to the AYS account and given to another winner next month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please fill out the form below to register and get your money. Once your membership will be confirmed, your prize ($100) will be paid directly to your account.

auzmum
08-12-2004, 07:05 AM
I believe this isn't true....http://www.allyousubmitters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8053

Sunshine00
08-12-2004, 07:09 AM
thanks for posting that information.. thankfully I didn;t log in and I dont have an e-gold account!

gruslave
08-12-2004, 07:17 AM
I think its a phony email.from what i read on the ays forum. I'm now thinking. I was not logged into my account, how did it knwo i'm not a member of the gold club. From whai i saw on the AYS thread, its from someone else not AYS. I'm glad i didn't log into my account cos i'm sure the person is trying to steal id. someone said, no matter how many times they refreshed,the page had the same banner, i think it is a look-alike AYS page.
the person sent me two emails. I ain't clicking on the other one.

suziebee20
08-12-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm not a member of AYS, but someone posted the link to that forum... I read the first page. When you right click and go to properties of that page it's a tripod page. To "register" for the Gold club it looks like you have to pay them some money to "sign up."

frogala
08-12-2004, 02:40 PM
sounds "Phishy" to me!!! ;)