PDA

View Full Version : How to get the backs off earrings(anyone know?)

Mini
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
I got my ears pierced 7 weeks ago and I tried to take the backs off my earrings to change them for the first time an I can't get them off. I've pulled so hard and so much my fingers hurt. I tried water thinking that might loosen them but it didnt work. Anybody know anything good to use? I'll try anything! TIA

Tasha405
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Sometime they get stuck like that and you just have to pull with everything in ya and right when you think your fingers are going to break... they pull off. lol

I've had several different pair do me like that and needless to say I never used them again once I got them back out.

Good luck! :)

Tasha405
08-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh, some of them also have little flap things that you have to push in to unlock them. Look at the back of the earring and see if you see 2 little things on each side of the back of the earring. It will be gold or silver just like the rest of the earring. It will just look like wings or something. Ugh, I can't explain it. lol If you see anything like that.. push them together and pull while holding them together and it should slide right off.

nosamiam
08-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Can you ask someone else to take them off of you? Good luck!

catssass
08-11-2004, 10:08 PM
It might be easier to hold onto the earring back and pull the front part of the earring out, its usually easier to grab...

gemini26
08-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I have always found that gripping it with pliers works well.

kriskay
08-11-2004, 11:00 PM
It is hard to get them off after they have been pierced. Try rocking the back, back and forth and then pull, that seems to help. It is easier to get them off the second time you wear them.

rlynn411
08-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Any chance your earring have a screw on back? Many of the better earrings have a rounded back that screws on and off.

Eyore
08-12-2004, 07:31 AM
If you can't get them off go back to where you got them pierced and ask them to remove them. They should know how to get them off.

Urban Cowgirl
08-12-2004, 01:13 PM
any luck??

Angel Lips
08-12-2004, 01:25 PM
It might be easier to hold onto the earring back and pull the front part of the earring out, its usually easier to grab...

thats how i got my earrings out when i got my ears pierced. Good luck

Willow
08-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Did you get them off yet mini? lol

Mini
08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Sorry I haven't posted sooner..no I haven't gotten them off and they don't twist off the backs are SUPPOSE to just pull off lol I tried holdin the back an pullin the front an it hasn't worked. I'm thinking about just going to get dads pliers:D

janelle
08-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Try working your fingernails in between the post in back and the earring in front and pull in opposite directions. Man all the pliers and pulling talk gives me the willies. Taking my earrings off hurt when I first had them pierced. Still does if they are on tight. It helps to wiggle them sometimes after they are pierced and turn them, also use the disenfectant that came with them. That keeps them kinda loose,