PDA

View Full Version : Salsa recipes?

lisarae
08-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a good fresh salsa recipe. Preferably mild, for my mom. I like it hot myself, but shes making it..lol. What Im really wanting is a recipe like what Fiesta Bravo has. Its a restaraunt here, and I don't know if they are nationally chained restaraunts. I can eat a BUNCH of that stuff.

Any recipes will be greatly appreciated though. TIA.

Tippytail
08-11-2004, 01:25 PM
You might find something here CopyKat (http://www.copykat.com/)

There's a forum there for you to ask in if you can't find it.

lisarae
08-12-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanks, I couldn't find that recipe, but I will post to see what I can get.

Urban Cowgirl
08-12-2004, 09:25 AM
I don't know a recipe...but i was going to suggest asking t he resturaunt. When I lived in alaska I used to love this soup at a place we used to go so I asked for the recipe and they gave it to me!!! The worst they can do is say no.

catdance
08-12-2004, 02:09 PM
If you read the Dinner Menu link here, often DBD is making salsa, you could PM her, or maybe she will see this, she has great ones..also Salsa is really very easy, many "takes for it", if you want PACE, kind, buy it, usuallyhomemade doesn't have a THICK part unless you add paste or something to "tighten" it up..
I wing it.. chop tomatoes, onions, maybe peppers, always garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, lemon juice, sometimes, I just make stuff and sometimes I cheat and look in a book, if you want heat, jalepenos, leave some seeds in, watch you fingers though..LOL!, cayenne or red pepper, it really is easy to make just on a whim, if you don't like it, just adjust, believe, you can make it, homemade is YUMMY! Good Luck...I think homemade salsa do better sitting in the fridge for a day or to as I say to "fester", other say to absorb the flavors"...

Willow
08-12-2004, 04:00 PM
There may be some recipes for that in the old fashioned recipe thread.